• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Year's Six Predictions: Week 9(According to SportsHoopla Poll)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you. Honestly, I was stirring the pot a little. michigan has performed better than OSU this year. That said, as I pointed out before, I'd really have liked to see michigan play on the road at night vs. Wisconsin and PSU and let OSU play them both at home. The outcomes would be different. Would michigan have lost to either? Maybe, maybe not. Would OSU have beaten both of them? I'd say absolutely.

I will say, I don't think where the game was played or when would have mattered with PSU or Wisconsin. UM was a matchup nightmare for both. It is the true dual threat QBs who can hurt UM's defense. Neither Wisconsin or PSU were going to throw the ball on UM.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You very well might be right there in terms of OSU's inexperience (especially the wideouts... ugh), though do any of the players on michigan really have that much experience in a tough road environment? They got both MSU and OSU at home last year, and obviously haven't had anything tough on the road this year.

Look at the depth chart for UM. It will look a lot like OSU last year, except many are seniors or 5th year seniors. It is going to be crazy next year how diff rent the team will look like

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on record here saying I am not buying into Colorado. For OU, it was different. They knew OSU was an elite opponent. For michigan, they were obviously thinking nothing of Colorado, and why should they have? It caught them off guard (which is no excuse) but then michigan regrouped and won. I think if michigan played them today they'd win by twice as much as they did before. I haven't seen Colorado do anything overly impressive this year. OU still has much of the elite talent that brought them to a playoff last year.

Make no mistake, if Colorado played OSU the same way they played michigan, I'd be really disappointed in OSU. They're a nice story, but they're simply not on the same talent level as Oklahoma. Would it be impossible for Colorado to win? Of course not. Upsets happen. If both teams are playing to their full potential, OU wins by 2 TDs+.

If you haven't seen Colorado do anything overly impressive this year, what the hell has OU done that is so impressive? If both teams play to their full potential Colorado would win because everything that's happened on the field this year suggests they have performed better. It's fine if you're going to project ahead and say OU's better, but don't try to use actual on the field results to do so, because it's really flawed.

Also FWIW, OU lost half their starters from last year's team, not exactly "much" of the same talent.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would the score have been had Ohio St. traveled to Evanston instead of Northwestern having to play in such a hostile environment?

:hope:

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen Colorado do anything overly impressive this year, what the hell has OU done that is so impressive? If both teams play to their full potential Colorado would win because everything that's happened on the field this year suggests they have performed better. It's fine if you're going to project ahead and say OU's better, but don't try to use actual on the field results to do so, because it's really flawed.

Also FWIW, OU lost half their starters from last year's team, not exactly "much" of the same talent.

Houston is terrible. You should have been here when OSU fans were pimping Houston to make Oklahoma's loss to them not look bad.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the depth chart for UM. It will look a lot like OSU last year, except many are seniors or 5th year seniors. It is going to be crazy next year how diff rent the team will look like
I know, I saw that when the year started. They lose a ton of quality starters. But isn't this what michigan fans have wanted? A team of Harbaugh recruits?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They brought back many key playmakers. Colorado has a decent QB and who?

Like I said, both teams playing at their best, I'm taking OU without hesitation. They simply have more talent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would the score have been had Ohio St. traveled to Evanston instead of Northwestern having to play in such a hostile environment?

:hope:
I'm heading out to watch this baseball game, so I may be back on to exuberantly post and have fun or be pissy and drunk. Thanks for the banter today. You bastard.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I saw that when the year started. They lose a ton of quality starters. But isn't this what michigan fans have wanted? A team of Harbaugh recruits?
The issue was that technically his first year of recruiting didn't exist. A super barren class in 2015.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brought back many key playmakers. Colorado has a decent QB and who?

Like I said, both teams playing at their best, I'm taking OU without hesitation. They simply have more talent.

Colorado has really good skill position players. Lindsay, Fields, Bobo and Ross are all players I can see getting drafted in 2018. They only have 3 senior starters on offense, one being the QB, who's probably the most well known commodity, but he isn't their most talented offensive player. Fields was committed to USC at one point.

There's no point in arguing anymore, I've laid out why Colorado and OU are really similar this year, but you just stick to your preconceived agenda.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I want, but I want a full roster of Harbaugh recruits, not two classes. I have a feeling next year may have some bumps along the way.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a sweet deal if OU were to squeeze into the Sugar Bowl again.

...playing the TA&Mmies might be interesting? They'd have the OU playbook and everything.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oklahoma is ranked 14th in the CFP and Colorado is ranked 15th in the CFP. Huge difference @Across The Field

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I want, but I want a full roster of Harbaugh recruits, not two classes. I have a feeling next year may have some bumps along the way.
We play Florida OOC next year, I wonder how many upperclassmen they will have.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Comparing that metric with someone like OSU and Texas State, for instance, is stupid.

Comparing it for OSU and michigan, however, seems pretty fair. Even though OSU has played a much tougher schedule.

Much tougher?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play Florida OOC next year, I wonder how many upperclassmen they will have.

No clue -- it will definitely be a new experience next year. Literally, our entire starting defense will likely be gone. The only underclassman that is starting is Peppers and I'm sure he is leaving.

Granted we have underclassman in the rotation on the DL, so I'm not too worried there. The LB's and secondary is going to be all new.

On offense we lose what, 3 OL, our top 2 RB (which i think our backups are better anyway), our TE, our top 2 WR's.

ALOT of question marks next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado has really good skill position players. Lindsay, Fields, Bobo and Ross are all players I can see getting drafted in 2018. They only have 3 senior starters on offense, one being the QB, who's probably the most well known commodity, but he isn't their most talented offensive player. Fields was committed to USC at one point.

There's no point in arguing anymore, I've laid out why Colorado and OU are really similar this year, but you just stick to your preconceived agenda.

At the beginning of the year -- I'd have been saying the same thing, that Oklahoma and Colorado aren't even in the same stratosphere.

After playing Colorado -- I had a new found respect for them. They were WAY better than i expected them to be and their QB is legit -- he made some throws I haven't seen anyone make on UM's defense. He was dropping passes into tight windows that no other QB has been able to do against UM.

I think the CFP rankings tell you much of what many have figured out -- Colorado is much better than what many expected and Oklahoma isn't as good as many expected.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFP also has Texas A&M in the playoff right now. Take it for what it's worth, I suppose.

Yes, people that have no built in biases. Texas A&M at 4th isn't egregious. I thought they'd be 5th. The difference between 4th and 5th is minimal in nature, it's only blown up now because 4 teams make it instead of 2.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, people that have no built in biases. Texas A&M at 4th isn't egregious. I thought they'd be 5th. The difference between 4th and 5th is minimal in nature, it's only blown up now because 4 teams make it instead of 2.
They should be 7th at best. Ohio State, Louisville, and even Wisconsin have better resumes.