• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Rams Fans

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Vita on KSU. Whenever I wanted to check the legitimacy of a development at Rams Park, all I had to do is gather the essentials and flash it onto the board and KSU would come along and provide either a thumbs up or thumbs down and that would usually start a discussion that would last awhile. I hope he makes it over here as well alonf with Pickemrite and Stevieisgod.
Can you imagine the battles between Stevie and Junkie with no filter?

It would be epic!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea baby!!! The cussing would fly and the "f"-word would be prolific but it would definitely be entertaining. I'm not sure Stevie is coming back because he was so discouraged that Steven Jackson won't finish his career as a Ram coupled with the last exchange with SportsJunkie over at SeeBS that he may take a break for awhile. I hope he doesn't but it appears that is what is occurring.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the battles between Stevie and Junkie with no filter?

You are guys hilarious. But it was never any battle. And I'm not going to dog the guy with him not here, but reality is reality.

Some people need to check themselves. I've always been real. If my guy sucks, then I say he sucks.

I've never heard Stevie once say Bradford suck during that game or this one.

And Tebow is not great, but the guys a winner and he's won a playoff game. Fact or fiction?

:10:

I tried so hard to give him positive comments too. Disagreements are disagreements of opinion. But sometimes, I had to let shit fly.

If someone pisses me off on this...LOL It's going to be downright stupid funny. :gaah:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know Sportsjunkie. I can't speak for Vita, but I was just razzin you a bit. You presented valid arguments as did Stevie and I have had my battles with ShaneC and other "youngsters" over the years. So I am no one to go to far with teh razzin. And you were fair and straightforward as you have always been. I can't say the same for say a guy like Rammer who could get pretty heated. Rammer and that headache-producing avi has not been around in a while. So, just having a bit of fun at your expense. and I am sure I'll get mine as well. No worries though. Onward we go even if Tebow is going to be a Dolphin. Just kidding.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no worries my man. If you can't handle a good ball bustin, then it's time move over to the women's tennis thread.

Which I actually like better than men's tennis, because of obvious reasons.. Those skirts are tight tops are swell.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLO!!! I haven't heard SWELL since I was a teen-ager. LOLOL!!! But you are right-for obvious reasons!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLOL!!!! There is nothing like the smell of Volleyball in the morning!!!!! Too funny Vita!!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello fellow Rams fans. Camp cant start soon enough. Nice to feel excited about the Rams again. I have been a fan for 40 years. I, however, live in Eagles territory. I have been on the site for a few years mostly on the Flyers. Good to see a few people here. As always,

GO RAMS!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch Chy. Living in Eagles country can be difficult. I see you have a Flyers Jersey. I am big fan for nearly 50 years, since I was a kid. Good to have you around the Rams pages.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch Chy. Living in Eagles country can be difficult. I see you have a Flyers Jersey. I am big fan for nearly 50 years, since I was a kid. Good to have you around the Rams pages.

Thanks, I will pick it up once camp opens. Some guy wanted to kill me at a Rams/Eagles game because I wore a Rams pin. Gotta love it!!!!!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello fellow Rams fans. Camp cant start soon enough. Nice to feel excited about the Rams again. I have been a fan for 40 years. I, however, live in Eagles territory. I have been on the site for a few years mostly on the Flyers. Good to see a few people here. As always,

GO RAMS!!!!!

Fair warning, may not want to bring hockey up with me. Grew up in STL with family in PGH. Blues fan first but I still got plenty of Flyer hate in me. Welcome aboard though and Go Pens!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it isn't so mutigers!!! A Pittsburgh fan??? You have to go Flyers dude!!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it isn't so mutigers!!! A Pittsburgh fan??? You have to go Flyers dude!!

Steelers and Pens. In football its Steelers then Rams, in hockey is Blues then Pens. Much bigger drop off in hockey but that's mostly because I'm a much bigger football fan.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I have the stomach to be a Blues fan. They are basically the Kansas City Chiefs of Hockey. Lots of B+ grades on the report card only to fall flat on their face once the heat gets turned up.

You heard anything about the Mizzou QB situation mutigersfan? The conventional wisdom is that Franklin is going to keep the job if he is healthy but Mauk does seem to have a good amount of hype going for him. More conventional wisdom is that Pinkel has to get to a bowl game this year to keep his job and I kinda wonder how much confidence he has in Franklin

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Mizzou QB's if you have questions, I have answers. If I don't have the answer I should be able to get it. As far as what I'm hearing James is the guy. In spring he looked like the most complete QB to me. Corbin has had decision making problems and I'm still not sold on Maty. With a finally healthy O-Line, a healthy Henry Josey, and improved set of WR's (DGB is looking great) I think James will have a big year assuming health.

Last year DGB was a freshman and had some early off field issues, James was hurt the entire season(thanks Jarvis), basically the entire O-Line was injured, Josey was out, yet the biggest problem was the horrendous play calling. One of the guys in the locker room told me that day 1 under Coach Hill there was more buy in in the offensive room than he saw in his 2 years here under Yost. The OC switch I think will be the biggest improvement to the team this year. I don't know how many times last year every drunk moron in the stadium would know a jet sweep is coming before the ball was snapped. The play calling in the spring game looked much better to me so hopefully things will be looking up.

And lastly Pinkel's job, I think he's safe. If you look at his record vs the few decades before him I don't want to go back to that. He's the best coach we've ever had.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Mizzou QB's if you have questions, I have answers. If I don't have the answer I should be able to get it. As far as what I'm hearing James is the guy. In spring he looked like the most complete QB to me. Corbin has had decision making problems and I'm still not sold on Maty. With a finally healthy O-Line, a healthy Henry Josey, and improved set of WR's (DGB is looking great) I think James will have a big year assuming health.

Last year DGB was a freshman and had some early off field issues, James was hurt the entire season(thanks Jarvis), basically the entire O-Line was injured, Josey was out, yet the biggest problem was the horrendous play calling. One of the guys in the locker room told me that day 1 under Coach Hill there was more buy in in the offensive room than he saw in his 2 years here under Yost. The OC switch I think will be the biggest improvement to the team this year. I don't know how many times last year every drunk moron in the stadium would know a jet sweep is coming before the ball was snapped. The play calling in the spring game looked much better to me so hopefully things will be looking up.

And lastly Pinkel's job, I think he's safe. If you look at his record vs the few decades before him I don't want to go back to that. He's the best coach we've ever had.
The gist I was hearing at the beginning of last year was that Franklin had an injury that would keep him out all year so I was kinda shocked that he played in most of the games. But last year was Murphy's Law when it came to QBs for Mizzou. I believe our 2nd and 3rd string QBs both got into trouble and kicked off our team. Berkstresser was more of a stopgap and I don't think he has any serious chance at the starting QB role at Mizzou. There is probably a 90% chance of it being Franklin, imo, and a 10% chance of Mauk coming in and wowing people. Mauk has a ton of hype around him but so did Gabbert and he waited for a year before getting his shot. When Mizzou recruited DGB, DGB mentioned Franklin by name as a factor in coming. I don't think he cares who gets him the ball but everything is pointing to Franklin finishing things up.

As far as Yost is concerned, he was quite the scapegoat last year. Pinkel was also on the hot seat a number of years back when the playcalling got stale at the end of Brad Smith's career. Then Maclin came in and Pinkel became a hot commodity. After Maclin, he had his offense go through DX and after DX, they spread the ball around to Moe and others. After Gabbert, Mizzou really hasn't had an identity on offense. You can blame Yost - and i certainly have at times - but DGB didn't get acclimated to the offense until about halfway through the season and Franklin was banged up all year.

Mizzou should be better next year. Thats why Pinkel is on the hot seat. You can't enter the premiere football conference, call a team out for 'old man football', fail to make a bowl game, have scandalous off the field issues with a weather girl, have a bad recruitment year and then fail to make a bowl game a 2nd year. Mizzou has also had 2 inexplicable losses the past 2 years (@Arizona St the year before last and Syracuse last year) and one amazing, inexplicable win @Tennessee that probably got their coach fired. So, imo, this is Pinkel 2nd 'make or break' year in his fairly lengthy tenure here. I think he'll do fine but he kinda has to.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take these topics 1 at a time in order to not confuse myself, here goes.

No QB's got kicked off the team last year. Berkstresser was #2 and Mauk #3. Mauk got suspended for a game after making a series of poor decisions one Thursday night. Berkstresser was a big recruit coming out of high school as was Mauk, we'll have to see how they develop. I would put money down on James having the starting job throughout the season. A reason DGB may have mentioned him is because he is one of the nicest guys you'll will ever meet, truly just a great guy.

Side note on DGB: DGB2 committed about a month ago. He will be a senior at Hillcrest next season.

Pinkel had too much on his plate. He was OC, QB coach, kicking coach, and head of recruiting for offensive players. Much of that is on Pinkel. The offense has been getting worse since Dave Christensen left for Wyoming. I was never high on Yost and to be honest I've never been high on that style of offense. The spread works if you have a lot of toys and a lot of speed, but even then it all has to be utilized correctly or its just plain ugly. If you were to tell me that in 3 years neither Yost and Pinkel would be around I wouldn't be upset other than the fact that it means we struggled somewhere along the way. Being in the SEC the job has more draw now so maybe we can snag a guy we couldn't have before.

You're absolutely right, Mizzou should be better. I think (although I wouldn't push for it) that even a 8-5 season could get Pinkel fired if there was a guy they liked and thought they could get. He has personal issues that need to be addressed and if this doesn't happen then he may be pushed out. That being said I think we still do need to appreciate what he has accomplished.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB's got kicked off the team last year. Berkstresser was #2 and Mauk #3.
My bad. Glaser was a QB that transfered and Berkstresser just had a minor hit and run charge. Hard to keep track of the off the field issues sometimes.

Pinkel also had a DUI about a year and a half ago. As someone who grew up with Mizzou being a basketball school, it is impressive what Pinkel has done. But the stakes are really, really high at the moment. I think Pinkel HAS to get 7-5. There are 3 cupcakes (Murray St, Toledo, Arkansas St), 3 reasonable games (@Indiana, @Kentucky, Tennessee) and 6 real football games (@Vandy, @Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, @Ol Miss, Texas A&M). My expectation is an 8-5 season including the bowl game.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Glaser was a QB that transfered and Berkstresser just had a minor hit and run charge. Hard to keep track of the off the field issues sometimes.

Ah, I had forgotten about Ashton Glaser, he's at Mo St now.

Yeah Pinkel's DUI was right along with those personal issues I had referred to. I've heard from a guy at the STL Post Dispatch that the drinking has been getting worse and worse since his divorce. I agree with 8-5 as the expectation but depending on the path to 8-5 it may look pretty good or pretty bad.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams gonna add a veteran RB before the season starts up? I would like to see them add an older player for a very limited role. More of a teacher for DRich and Pead than a ball carrier for the team. Thoughts?