• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Orleans Bryce Dejean-Jones killed

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the answer. Very sad.

So, the answer was to kick the door down at 3 am?

Not just the door. But, the WRONG door.

How do you not know where your child lives?

Yeah, not buying it...

He was either under the influence or was looking for the girl in another Dudes apartment.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's two different stories right now. Not sure which one is the truth.
Management at Camden Belmont sent an email to residents that said Dejean-Jones had been trying to get into the apartment of an “estranged acquaintance” and “inadvertently broke into the wrong apartment.”

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read it as well. Can't feel bad for him now. Feel bad for his family though. You're an NBA player. Just got a 3 year deal and you're breaking into houses?

It's a real shame and is a good example as to why I think there should be some introductory classes for the new rookies in how they should conduct their personal lives, finances and etc. I don't know if it would help, but the guy had a dispute with his girlfriend and in a fit of rage broke into the wrong apartment. He thought he was coming after the girlfriend and instead the resident did exactly what he had the right to do and should do. He defended himself from some crazy dude who just broke down his front door and bedroom door. My condolences and prayers, however to his family and son who now has to grow up without a father

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand I am having a hard time trying to picture a better ending had Jones broke into the apartment of the girlfriend.:L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a former teammate once told him "I should've shot you when I had the chance."

Not sure which of the three schools he attended that was at.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a former teammate once told him "I should've shot you when I had the chance."

Not sure which of the three schools he attended that was at.
Well one thing for sure: If you are breaking down doors and coming into another person's house like a madman - expect bad things to happen to you.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I retract my previous comment. The more I read, the less tragic this gets. I don't know want to know what he would have done had he had broke into the right apartment.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I retract my previous comment. The more I read, the less tragic this gets. I don't know want to know what he would have done had he had broke into the right apartment.

No kidding and I am sorry for the family and his son more than anything - but I think at the best the girlfriend would have been in the hospital and Jones in Jail. This is the reason that I emphasize to all of the women in my church - if he touches you - Have him arrested. The bible did not intend for you let some one off the hook when they will only do it again. That's a bad temper man.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding and I am sorry for the family and his son more than anything - but I think at the best the girlfriend would have been in the hospital and Jones in Jail. This is the reason that I emphasize to all of the women in my church - if he touches you - Have him arrested. The bible did not intend for you let some one off the hook when they will only do it again. That's a bad temper man.

We'll probably never know what his intentions were in trying to break down his girlfriend's door, and that is probably for the best, because I can tell you it wasn't good intentions.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably never know what his intentions were in trying to break down his girlfriend's door, and that is probably for the best, because I can tell you it wasn't good intentions.

I personally believe that all of these players should have to attend a summer session for about a week and it be about one or two weeks that deals with finances, suggestions, how to care for your health and not letting your personal life rage out of control. Explain to them that they represent the NBA and have to hold up an image. In my job - I had lectures in how to dress when entering a business to audit them. How to talk to them and how to represent our auditing firm. As the auditor I am sometimes the only contact the person I am auditing has with his insurance carrier and it is important that that impression be a good one. I don't know if it would help, but I do think the NBA should try

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally believe that all of these players should have to attend a summer session for about a week and it be about one or two weeks that deals with finances, suggestions, how to care for your health and not letting your personal life rage out of control. Explain to them that they represent the NBA and have to hold up an image. In my job - I had lectures in how to dress when entering a business to audit them. How to talk to them and how to represent our auditing firm. As the auditor I am sometimes the only contact the person I am auditing has with his insurance carrier and it is important that that impression be a good one. I don't know if it would help, but I do think the NBA should try

I think it would be a good idea for the NFL and MLB to do that too. A lot of these players are still in their teens when they enter professional sports and may not be mentally mature enough to handle the lifestyle that goes with all that money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a good idea for the NFL and MLB to do that too. A lot of these players are still in their teens when they enter professional sports and may not be mentally mature enough to handle the lifestyle that goes with all that money.
It should be common sense, but then how many of us had much of that at 23 years old?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, but at least you have enough sense to not be breaking down doors-LOL. The last time I did that was in the 8th grade.
This kid threw a whole bunch of rocks at me and then ran like a coward. I chased him down to his house and knocked on the door with my foot - then told him right in front of his mother and sister - that if he wanted to fight to come on out fight without the rocks and don't be running like a coward. You know I knew him and saw him off and on in high school the next four years and he never bothered me again and was always polite. Who says rough justice don't work?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be common sense, but then how many of us had much of that at 23 years old?

Not much. But I definitely had enough common sense not to try to kick down someone's door...especially not the wrong door.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much. But I definitely had enough common sense not to try to kick down someone's door...especially not the wrong door.
Well I had enough not to do that - but I grew up around a lot of much older women and most of them packed a gun in their house - so I learned real young that even them old ladies could be dangerous as hell and not to screw with them. I wasn't a thief or a violent person either though and I kept my temper under control.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL already has the rookie symposium and I thought the NBA had something like it too. I could be wrong though. Trouble is, no matter how effective the class is, you are not going to undo a lifetime of habits in 1 week.

I think what many of these guys really need is a life coach. A successful, responsible adult who they respect that could fill a variety of roles from financial advisor to babysitter.