• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New NFL Procedure for checking Footballs

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a single person that posts on here that doubts that is your hope.

Most people understand it's the NFL realizing they have to close yet another loophole that cheaters will otherwise exploit.

and thanks to the Ravens the league felt compelled to closing a loophole on a legal play. It is what it is.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady and manning asked the league for this 7 years ago, and they gave it to them.

eli boils footballs, peyton has them run over with cars...other guys do weird shit to em.

There are those who have shown they can't handle the responsibility and the league should take it back.

It's that simple...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on this procedure that Tom Brady used to cheat for an entire career. I wonder how many he has that we don't know about? :eek:

Tha'ts why him and Peyton have had successful careers, because they are responsible for team's to use their own balls. I guess Manning's ball guys gauges were off in the playoffs

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope people realize this is the NFL's way of saying "yeah, we fucked this whole deflate gate thing up."

I just see it as the league is clarifying the rule better and ensuring better policing of the rule. It doesn't retroactively mean the Pats were clean because the NFL is beefing up the procedures now. For example: If the league found a new and improved way of screening for PED's and changed the rule to suit the procedure it wouldn't exonerate anyone who got caught with PED's before the new procedure. I don't think this is the "get out of jail free card" that some Pats fans are hoping for.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see it as the league is clarifying the rule better and ensuring better policing of the rule. It doesn't retroactively mean the Pats were clean because the NFL is beefing up the procedures now. For example: If the league found a new and improved way of screening for PED's and changed the rule to suit the procedure it wouldn't exonerate anyone who got caught with PED's before the new procedure. I don't think this is the "get out of jail free card" that some Pats fans are hoping for.
so, its like i said?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, its like i said?

No. You said this is the leagues way of admitting fault. I don't see that at all. It's the league's way of improving a rule they hadn't had to think about before the deflategate issue. Changing the rule this season won't clear anyone who broke the rule under last season's rules.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You said this is the leagues way of admitting fault. I don't see that at all. It's the league's way of improving a rule they hadn't had to think about before the deflategate issue. Changing the rule this season won't clear anyone who broke the rule under last season's rules.
well, it is...if you're smart. theyre displaying culpability.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any time the NFL does a rule change or tweaks an existing rule they are displaying culpability?
if its a rule that originally gives equipment control (formerly league controlled) to players, and they retract it...based on rules violations as a result...

yes, full culpability.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its a rule that originally gives equipment control (formerly league controlled) to players, and they retract it...based on rules violations as a result...

yes, full culpability.

Has this ever happened before? No. If the Pats (or anyone else) broke the rule as it was written last year it won't matter what they do with the rule this year. They would stlll be guilty under the rules of last season. Even if they scrapped the rule completely this year and said go ahead and have the balls at whatever pressure you like, it wouldn't change what happened last season.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has this ever happened before? No. If the Pats (or anyone else) broke the rule as it was written last year it won't matter what they do with the rule this year. They would stlll be guilty under the rules of last season. Even if they scrapped the rule completely this year and said go ahead and have the balls at whatever pressure you like, it wouldn't change what happened last season.
so like i said, the nfl is showing some culpability in an immediate rule change.

its fairly obvious.

theyre admitting the system in place (or lack there of) for logging psi is partially to blame.

see?

obvious.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so like i said, the nfl is showing some culpability in an immediate rule change.

its fairly obvious.

theyre admitting the system in place (or lack there of) for logging psi is partially to blame.

see?

obvious.

They are admitting it wasn't cheat-proof. They are also admitting they have to treat NFL players/coaches/owners like children.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its fairly obvious.

see?

obvious.
huh, i must have scared him off.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question....Will this be enforced with same scrutiny as the requirement that Wide Receivers must wear thigh pads??

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, i must have scared him off.

Sorry, I needed to step away while the league upheld Brady's suspension using last years rules.

rs_562x402-140121100422-qUHBky9.jpg