• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Bengals fans were cheering when Roethlisberger got hurt and had to leave the game so karma got them again.

Karma came back on the refs. They should have flagged the hit on Bernard that started all of it. Not only do you not flag it but you review the play and give the Steelers the ball from it. Fans wanted blood after that and so did the Bengal players. The hit on Bryant was unfortunate. I don't think it was intentional though. If he wanted to hurt him he could have launched or popped his hips into that hit. Pacman not being able to control himself and Hill's fumble lost them that game, but really it all goes back to the refs not calling the unnecessary roughness for the hit on Bernard. You can't launch helmet first into a player not matter if he's a runner or not.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Karma came back on the refs. They should have flagged the hit on Bernard that started all of it. Not only do you not flag it but you review the play and give the Steelers the ball from it. Fans wanted blood after that and so did the Bengal players. The hit on Bryant was unfortunate. I don't think it was intentional though. If he wanted to hurt him he could have launched or popped his hips into that hit. Pacman not being able to control himself and Hill's fumble lost them that game, but really it all goes back to the refs not calling the unnecessary roughness for the hit on Bernard. You can't launch helmet first into a player not matter if he's a runner or not.

no doubt those penalties hurt plus the non-call on Porter, but IMO the Hill fumble was the biggest blow. When a team is running out the clock they need to coach the RB to just hold on. They should also insert the RB with the tightest grip, even if he loses a yard. The RB needs to be reminded to get down soon as they are 'tackled', don't fight for more yards when two guys got you.

On the sidelines, Assistants need to remind their units to THINK.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm fine if Jed participates in the interview, cause in the end he'll take the heat like he's doing now. But yes, he shouldn't say Baalke will 'take the lead' in the first place.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because we currently don't have one on the roster that I'd want to start next season with.

Those meaningless wins against Chicago and St. Louis almost guarantee we're going to struggle at QB next year.

unfortunately, looks like we'll struggle again whether or not we draft a QB? so far we're reading neither Lynch nor Goff are really TOP prospects? So i take this to mean we shouldn't expect them to start AND play well from game 1. Certainly think we should draft one, but not expecting he'll start and perform like Winston or Mariota.

Trading up is a tough call, cause IMO Dallas won't take a QB leaving only Cleveland. None of the teams immediately following us doesn't look like they'll trade in front of us? Those further back would need too much ammo to jump ahead of us.

Now if.......IF we REALLY wanted and REALLY believed in one of these QB's, ok trading up. It'll be costly getting ahead of Dallas, but if that is the evaluation....................do it. this is very unlikely, but it is a scenario.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is the one picking the next HC. York still wants to meet the next head coach to make sure its a good fit. Baalke will have final say this time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is so lucky man. How do they get so lucky every year on miracle plays. Its insane. I wish our team had some luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw an article that stated York was going to be conducting the interview with Jackson. Anybody able to verify that, and whether or not Baalke was there at all? If Baalke is supposed to be hiring the coach, as Jed said he was going to be doing in his press conference, why was York involved at all?

I don't see that Jed has learned anything from when he ill advisedly terminated Harbaugh if that story is accurate.

Jed York never said he would not be involved in 49ers coaching search

Looks like his is just involved, not 'conducting' the interviews?

Jed takes the heat so don't blame him for listening in, i would want to.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is a dumpster fire. It doesn't need to be built around anything specific, considering it needs to be built completely, at the moment.

I don't agree with your choice of coach, but I definitely don't want Jackson after that trainwreck last night. He could have called that last possession in a fashion that would have kept Burfict and Jones off the field in any meaningful capacity, but didn't.

I'd much rather go with Koetter, who presided over a much better offense with far fewer weapons and a first year quarterback. Jackson seems like Nolan to me, albeit on Offense. His offense this year was worse than Roman's in Buffalo. Again, with far more weapons. Considering our dearth of playmakers on offense, I don't see him succeeding here.
That's why I think we need to build around defense since that group is closer to competence than the offense is

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like another coach going to say thanks but nothanks. Hue going to interview with the Giants. Just reported today. Gosh,I hate the Yorks.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL 46s47 seconds ago Despite being interested in #Browns job, #Bengals Hue Jackson is expected to take interview w/ #Giants for their HC job, per a #NFL source.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a deal for Jackson will be made by today. Both parties want it. I think this is good news for the 49ers. Jackson was there #1 after Payton said he was staying.

A source tells me Hue Jackson and the 49ers are a done deal.

— Kyle McLorg (@Kyle_McLorgBASG) January 10, 2016

I'd like this to be true. I think he got a raw deal in Oakland by being axed too quickly. I guess one could argue the same for Tomsula. However, I think the prior is a FAR better coach, simply because he's been a successful coordinator and has HC experience.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers lose Hue, the quality of coaches drops even further. I would prefer Shanahan at that point but I don't think that would happen.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that stated York was going to be conducting the interview with Jackson. Anybody able to verify that, and whether or not Baalke was there at all? If Baalke is supposed to be hiring the coach, as Jed said he was going to be doing in his press conference, why was York involved at all?

I don't see that Jed has learned anything from when he ill advisedly terminated Harbaugh if that story is accurate.

Both York and Baalke were present at the interview. York said Baalke would lead the search but never said he wouldn't be involved.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is so lucky man. How do they get so lucky every year on miracle plays. Its insane. I wish our team had some luck.

I thought he should have made that one easy. Can't get any luckier than that. Same thing happened to the 49ers back in the 1983 divisional playoff game. Detroit moved the ball down in the closing seconds of the game but the Detroit kicker missed the field goal and the 49ers won. At least the kick was a 44 yarder. The one yesterday was an extra point

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source tells me Hue Jackson and the 49ers are a done deal.

— Kyle McLorg (@Kyle_McLorgBASG) January 10, 2016

I'd like this to be true. I think he got a raw deal in Oakland by being axed too quickly. I guess one could argue the same for Tomsula. However, I think the prior is a FAR better coach, simply because he's been a successful coordinator and has HC experience.

Unfortunately, that tweet is a bit outdated. Looks like Hue is going to interview with the Giants. Here different rumors, one being the 49ers did not make a formal offer to Hue because Hue was not ready to accept one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we currently don't have one on the roster that I'd want to start next season with.

Those meaningless wins against Chicago and St. Louis almost guarantee we're going to struggle at QB next year.

Only Goff is even worth considering trading up for and at least from the analysis I've read taking Goff above the #7 spot is a stretch.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, that tweet is a bit outdated. Looks like Hue is going to interview with the Giants. Here different rumors, one being the 49ers did not make a formal offer to Hue because Hue was not ready to accept one.

Agreed & figured Hue would do his due diligence and interview where he's wanted. Maybe Baalke offered him the job and he's playing it out. I doubt that, but who knows.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he should have made that one easy. Can't get any luckier than that. Same thing happened to the 49ers back in the 1983 divisional playoff game. Detroit moved the ball down in the closing seconds of the game but the Detroit kicker missed the field goal and the 49ers won. At least the kick was a 44 yarder. The one yesterday was an extra point[/QUOTE]

I live in the area, Fargo suburb to be exact. He's being vilified, horrible messages on social media, etc......

If a Niners kicker would've done that, yeah I would've been pissed off. But to go to the extreme like that is outright ridiculous. He owned up to it, didn't shy away from the media, took it square. He gave credit to the long snapper and Locke the holder.

Most REAL fans know that ultimately, he didn't lose the game. The offense was stagnant all day, the OL was atrocious, AP fumbled, led to the go ahead score. The defense was fantastic, they played well.

Mike Zimmer is fantastic! Overall as a HC, better than Harbaugh. This isn't the last we'll hear of the Vikings, they're young and loaded.