• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dblakejr7...

I agree...and its a deal. While I ma not a fan of NE at all I do get it as BB is form my hometown in Annapolis,MD. and went to my HS. He is well respected in our area and I think Harbs is a lot like him in his coaching. His expectations are sky high and its all about "Do your job" and good things will happen.

Other then the obvious additions and subtractions from NE this year what is the best addition to NE that nobody is talking about in your opinion?

havent heard much about tommy kelly.. thompkins WR has some downs but mostly ups.. talib looks great so far.. which is opposite of what he normally does in camp..

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKO...

All I remember from that commercial is the Ravens winning the Super Bowl....Ohh and that she was a good kisser. lol

:doh:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKO...

All I remember from that commercial is the Ravens winning the Super Bowl....Ohh and that she was a good kisser. lol

:doh:

LOL! Good comeback T...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKO...lol...

What do you guys think about Denver and the addition of Welker? Does he go back to his days as a Dolphin or continue as the dominant slot wr he was in NE?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He helps them more than he would have helped us, but doesn't rack up the stats because Peyton has more toys than Brady.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a drop off in stats .. if he drops passes like he did here payton will over look him and go for thomas or decker or ball.. payton is not as forgiving as brady when it comes to dropped passes..

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friggin' Welker.... first a shoestring grab that defies gravity and the next one bounces off his numbers. Loved him but he drove me NUTZ!

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKO...lol...

What do you guys think about Denver and the addition of Welker? Does he go back to his days as a Dolphin or continue as the dominant slot wr he was in NE?

He's still a threat but he's not getting any younger. Denver is overhyped IMO.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ratbirds lose asa jackson for 8 games for ped use. this is getting funnier by the minute.

they have now lost:
Ray Lewis
Ed Reed
Anquan Boldin
Dennis Pita
Bernard Pollard
Paul Kruger
Denell Elerbe
Cary Williams
Matt Birk
Asa Jackson

loool

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Briz...

Here is what you missed Briz...

Most of what the Ravens lost through trade and free agency were a part of defense between a 25th and 17th ranked defense that was old ay LB and FS. A patchwork defense that was terrible and exploited most of the season. This season the Ravens WILL have pass rush,L Webb back,Suggs in great shape and back,Ngata healthy,and a slew of FA pickups like DOOM anD CANTY. Be careful before you laugh. So far as Asa jackson is concerned he's a dummy but do you really want to start laughing at other teams issues or rule breakers on those teams given the AH situation? I mean really Briz? Im on the floor...

Now as long as you are laughing this should make you cry...NE's top ranked offense lost Welker,Lloyd,Gronk(considered gone until he steps on the field) AH GONE(jail),Woodhead gone.

Here is what I am saying...Baltimore lost all those defensive players that started on a terrible defense that not a lot was expected from last year. Whereas NE lost all those wr's and "IRREPLACEABLE TE's" on the top ranked PASSING offense in the league. Baltimore had no where to go but up ON DEFENSE and NE had no where to go but down on OFFENSE and down they did talent wise...so keep laughing I'll join ya. lol!!!

:nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk should be back when it matters. Welker will costs some production, but I am far happier with Amendola and Dobson than Welker and Lloyd. As for right end, we have plenty of depth and weapons there.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Briz...

Here is what you missed Briz...

Most of what the Ravens lost through trade and free agency were a part of defense between a 25th and 17th ranked defense that was old ay LB and FS. A patchwork defense that was terrible and exploited most of the season. This season the Ravens WILL have pass rush,L Webb back,Suggs in great shape and back,Ngata healthy,and a slew of FA pickups like DOOM anD CANTY. Be careful before you laugh. So far as Asa jackson is concerned he's a dummy but do you really want to start laughing at other teams issues or rule breakers on those teams given the AH situation? I mean really Briz? Im on the floor...

Now as long as you are laughing this should make you cry...NE's top ranked offense lost Welker,Lloyd,Gronk(considered gone until he steps on the field) AH GONE(jail),Woodhead gone.

Here is what I am saying...Baltimore lost all those defensive players that started on a terrible defense that not a lot was expected from last year. Whereas NE lost all those wr's and "IRREPLACEABLE TE's" on the top ranked PASSING offense in the league. Baltimore had no where to go but up ON DEFENSE and NE had no where to go but down on OFFENSE and down they did talent wise...so keep laughing I'll join ya. lol!!!

lool tgann you cant replce ray lewis or rodney harrison when are you gunna understand that? they are leaders and make the defense play at another level just from their words and style of play alone. when the ravens arent playing that nasty aggressive d next year youll know why. ed reed is the best free safety in history, lool at thinking elam will replace him and come close to his production. elam is not good in coverage although hes more of a strong safety, where you deep field security net going to come from? you can downplay all these losses you want but the pats defense went through the same thing after the 04 sb the started losing all their older defensive vets and leaders in 05 06 and the defense fell off the map. pats havent lost nearly half as much as the ravens. welker was replaced by amendola which is no loss for us at all, gronk will be back healthy, the new wideouts we got now are better than lloyd lool give me a break. the only real loss we took was AH but hes been hurt and out too and we still roll! cant wait to watch that raven defense this year! going to be awesomly funny! lool

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Harrison?

Ray Lewis leaving was a downgrade in leadership but a substantial upgrade in on the field play. He was awful when you ignore the intangibles.

Leadership will step up.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Harrison?

Ray Lewis leaving was a downgrade in leadership but a substantial upgrade in on the field play. He was awful when you ignore the intangibles.

Leadership will step up.

you cant replace a player like rodney harrison for us. he meant so much to the defense and was the reason our defense played nasty because that was his game. same with ray lewis, its the same with mankins he makes the oline play aggressive when hes on the field. yiu can say well they got old and lost a step and you could replce them with a young player that will run around and be more productive on the field but you cant replace the production of everyone else on defense that those players influenced to play better.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ravens have other leaders. For new leaders to step up, the old one has to step down. They will be in good shape, and the bump in actual performance will be helpful.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ravens have other leaders. For new leaders to step up, the old one has to step down. They will be in good shape, and the bump in actual performance will be helpful.

they dont have anyone like ray lewis and we dont have anyone like harrison. these are special players and i dont think you understand how much of an impact they have on a unit when they are on the field. their style of play which is unique to special players like these make the players around them play a more aggressive game, they try to emulate them. this is huge more than you think. the ravens went on a 4-5 game losing streak at the end of the season when lewis was out injured. they would have not squeeked their way to a sb title by the hair of their chinny chin chins if lewis did not come back. the pats were two different teams with rodney harrison on and off the field. and its not just lewis though for the ravens they also lost reed and a ton else. anyone that thinks the raven defense will be the same raven defense they had had for their history is crazy. it will take awhile to replce those players with similar leadership and style of play, they are rare and dont come around often.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis and Ed Reed both first ballot HOF'ers with that said they should have both retired last year; Reed can't tackle and Houston is finding out what a deficit his health will be.

Our D is young and will be led by Suggs Ngata and Dumervil. Our pass rush is much better ad the LBs will be more physical and faster. Add Ladarius Webb back and the best safety in the SEC(IMO) last year.

Ray Rice and BP will be one o the best tandems at rb in the league this year and with leach back I can't wait to watch this Ravens team. BRiz I hope u are as excited to watch the Ravens as I am...lol

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goes in one ear and out the other. lool. ravens wont make the playoffs next year and their defense will stink, fallen off the map completly. they will be half as aggressive without lewis and the lost too many pieces, people wont even recognize this ravens d it will be shocking. they will get run on, beat by the deep ball, and probably be ranked somewhere between 25-30 in the league.