• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Driver and a round of golf at an indoor simulator.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought a new driver. Picked up a Taylormade SLDR s and can't wait to swing it. The old R-7 is dated and small and it is time for me to take advantage of the new technology out there.

Any of you fellas have this driver?

Also, any of you guys in the north states play at a simulator? A couple of friends and I have played a couple of indoor rounds at the local muni and it was a good time.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought a new driver. Picked up a Taylormade SLDR s and can't wait to swing it. The old R-7 is dated and small and it is time for me to take advantage of the new technology out there.

Also, any of you guys in the north states play at a simulator? A couple of friends and I have played a couple of indoor rounds at the local muni and it was a good time.

A new driver is like getting a new car or woman................you just can't wait to try it out

Some buddies and I played at a simulator a few years back and it was a blast. Probably the only time I will ever get to play Pebble Beach and Torrey Pines

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the end of the summer I bought the entire set and I found the matching bag online.

I have no idea how to adjust that driver. I only got in a couple of rounds with it but the driver is a bit off for me. I have to study a video of what adjustment does what and get to the range in the spring.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new driver is like getting a new car or woman................you just can't wait to try it out

Some buddies and I played at a simulator a few years back and it was a blast. Probably the only time I will ever get to play Pebble Beach and Torrey Pines

We played a course that was very similar to Pebble Beach a couple of weeks ago. Last Thursday we played a knock off of Augusta and that was cool too. Should have the new driver by Friday (bought it on E-Bay) and hoping to drag my buddies back to the Derryfield CC for an indoor round on Saturday.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the summer I bought the entire set and I found the matching bag online.

I have no idea how to adjust that driver. I only got in a couple of rounds with it but the driver is a bit off for me. I have to study a video of what adjustment does what and get to the range in the spring.

The only adjustment I'm interested in making at this time is turning the hosel thingie down to less than 10 degrees.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought a new set of Titleists a few years back but I'm not exactly wearing them out from playing too much. Too many things get in the way these days and it's hard to carve 4 hours out to play. This summer though I hope to correct that a bit. The Titleist irons totally rock.

Reactions: GNG

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an indoor place here that I loved but they shut down. It was awesome. Full food and drink service (even a smoking hot 18year old driving around inside on a golf cart), loved that place.
Buddy of mine and I have been thinking of opening another one. We have good weather and about 5 courses within 15 minutes though. And a top golf 20 minutes away. So it would fail I'm sure.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be that time...Lot of people turning over bags...I put new TM irons in the bag LY and now have about 6 rounds on a new 913 driver.

Simulators...they're okay...better than beating balls in the cold or not swinging at all I guess.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember me and my crew when we first started playing. It was an all out obsession for the first 5 years.

Desperate to practice any time I could, I bought those little foam golf balls with the little piece of wood inside.
I used to hit them in my apartment. And sure enough I took out this perfect divot in the carpet that I just installed 6 months before. Had it not stayed attached on 1 side it would have flown up in the air too.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a 983-K Titleist driver.

Bought it about 10 years ago or so for $400 and I haven't found a driver since that I can trust as much or hit as far. Love that thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a 983-K Titleist driver.

Bought it about 10 years ago or so for $400 and I haven't found a driver since that I can trust as much or hit as far. Love that thing.

I felt the same way about my CLE Driver...hibore high launcher, but I could rely on it...I demoed probably 20 drivers over the years (incl the 913D2 & 3) and would not change.

LY Titleist was having a demo day at a local course and I was at the range that day...the guy says you're hitting that old CLE pretty good...I think you can do better with this club...I tried it and he was right...a couple of months later I bought the 913D3...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way about my CLE Driver...hibore high launcher, but I could rely on it...I demoed probably 20 drivers over the years (incl the 913D2 & 3) and would not change.

LY Titleist was having a demo day at a local course and I was at the range that day...the guy says you're hitting that old CLE pretty good...I think you can do better with this club...I tried it and he was right...a couple of months later I bought the 913D3...

Interesting. But damn I really love my 983.

The thing is, it's an 8.5 degree with an extra stiff shaft. It's hard for me to find those around here and that's what I need.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought a new set of Titleists a few years back but I'm not exactly wearing them out from playing too much. Too many things get in the way these days and it's hard to carve 4 hours out to play. This summer though I hope to correct that a bit. The Titleist irons totally rock.
I also play Titleist. In my opinion they are the best clubs in golf.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demoed a 9.5 regular stiff once and it was just a completely different deal for me. Too much give, too much loft. But that's all I can find here in Nebraska.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play Mizuno blades, but would play Titleist irons if I had the cash.

I will play them some day. Though I really do like my Mizunos.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an indoor place here that I loved but they shut down. It was awesome. Full food and drink service (even a smoking hot 18year old driving around inside on a golf cart), loved that place.
Buddy of mine and I have been thinking of opening another one. We have good weather and about 5 courses within 15 minutes though. And a top golf 20 minutes away. So it would fail I'm sure.

Yeah, I think the fact that we have a real winter up here is what keeps the diehards going back to the simulators. I can't imagine that they would make enough $$$ to stay in business in a warmer climate.

There are leagues and all that jazz at the three places that I know of and my buddy and I are going to play in a tournament next month. The only reason we are going to do it is because the fee is cheaper than the hourly rate :noidea: to play 18.

Should have the driver sometime on Wednesday and I'll see if the sim has an open hour so I can smack it around on Thursday morning. :yes:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you've got a good one, it's hard to get rid of "her".

I still hit a 3 year old titleist. Still love it. Whatever gives you accuracy with the best distance. Fairways are helpful.

I'm not a big simulator guy. Not trying to brag.. Seems I can hit it further (290+) and better in real life.. Another reason why I never got into golf video games, besides the old school Sega PGA tour golf. In the winter tho, shit it helps to do something with a golf club.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play Mizuno blades, but would play Titleist irons if I had the cash.

I will play them some day. Though I really do like my Mizunos.

Can't go wrong with Mizuno blades. I never hit them, but I know many who did. I used to have Hogan blades and now I have titleist blades about 2-3 years old. So sweet.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go wrong with Mizuno blades. I never hit them, but I know many who did. I used to have Hogan blades and now I have titleist blades about 2-3 years old. So sweet.

I love them. They're getting old though as I haven't had the cash to buy new clubs for about the past decade.

MP-37's

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get a good year/model of blades, they can last forever. I have a thing for collecting Hogan blades. I've got the 1984 PC's, 2000 Apex, and a 1975 7 iron with a training grip on it for off-season. I really want to find a set of the 1964 Hogan PT3's - absolutely disgusting looking irons.

If you all want to improve your game drastically, get a training grip put on a mid-iron and practice with it. It's huge.