• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still trying to fix my golf swing

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things the golf pro told me was to quit trying new things every couple of weeks...give a change at least a couple of months and don't worry about my score...so...

I'm an arms start the downswing kinda guy. So, these past few days I've committed to working on starting my swing with the lower body.

Problem is I hit more thin shots with the irons and more often than not, I hit the ground with my driver.

On the positive side, my ball flight is coming down with the driver and it's getting roll.

So...focus on the positives...focus on the positives.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swing changes are extremely difficult to implement especially if you've been playing for a long time, so your pro is correct of course. But "arms start the downswing" is definitely a flaw that will only rob you of power faster as you age. So it's probably worth working on that change. Good luck.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things the golf pro told me was to quit trying new things every couple of weeks...give a change at least a couple of months and don't worry about my score...so...

I'm an arms start the downswing kinda guy. So, these past few days I've committed to working on starting my swing with the lower body.

Problem is I hit more thin shots with the irons and more often than not, I hit the ground with my driver.

On the positive side, my ball flight is coming down with the driver and it's getting roll.

I've been having the same problem this year, losing a lot of distance. I haven't been turning on my backswing or swinging through the ball on my down swing. Been so damn hot, haven't played in a few weeks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a death sentence. I'm glad you are working toward doing it correctly