• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Disney Format

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually waffle on this thought (above in bold).....sometimes he just seems like the guy who likes to take indefensible positions just to initiate arguments and rile people up. Other times he just seems downright dim.

Both traits equally fun to converse with...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I usually waffle on this thought (above in bold).....sometimes he just seems like the guy who likes to take indefensible positions just to initiate arguments and rile people up. Other times he just seems downright dim.

He's a thin skinned moron. That's my opinion.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Filo. Very tough call. I'd like to say he's a moron and just move on but I''m not sure that's the case. I also believe that he takes indefensible positions just to irrate other groups of posters. I think he spends a good amount of time 'baiting' other posters. In general I feel that many of his positions are targeted to the 'knee jerk' audience. He rarely lacks getting responses. Damn, he also has his OWN troll! I really don't think he's a moron. I tend to think it's all part of his game. This is his way of controlling the board. He's what I would call a 'follower'. He's not a 'fan'. At least in my sense of the terms. To me a 'fan' has an emotional investment in their team. They may be pantshitters, but they NEVER give up on their team. I think NN follows the team but has no emotional investment in them. He uses the team to actually play with the 'fans' on the board. If you read through his dribble what you usually find are a bunch of 'fans' in very defensive positions. It's a shame but he's taken their board away from them.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with Filo. Very tough call. I'd like to say he's a moron and just move on but I''m not sure that's the case. I also believe that he takes indefensible positions just to irrate other groups of posters. I think he spends a good amount of time 'baiting' other posters. In general I feel that many of his positions are targeted to the 'knee jerk' audience. He rarely lacks getting responses. Damn, he also has his OWN troll! I really don't think he's a moron. I tend to think it's all part of his game. This is his way of controlling the board. He's what I would call a 'follower'. He's not a 'fan'. At least in my sense of the terms. To me a 'fan' has an emotional investment in their team. They may be pantshitters, but they NEVER give up on their team. I think NN follows the team but has no emotional investment in them. He uses the team to actually play with the 'fans' on the board. If you read through his dribble what you usually find are a bunch of 'fans' in very defensive positions. It's a shame but he's taken their board away from them.

You're buying into his default ego protection mechanism. I don't.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to 'profile' NN - what do you actually see?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF11704 makes an interesting point, the guy seems to care more about being a dick than his team doing well. He enjoys pissing people off more than the Giants winning.

Whatev. I'm almost ready to petition this board to ban mentioning the sad little prick.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think SF11704 makes an interesting point, the guy seems to care more about being a dick than his team doing well. He enjoys pissing people off more than the Giants winning.

Whatev. I'm almost ready to petition this board to ban mentioning the sad little prick.

This!

If we went and sent a general invitation to the Disney board, then we would most certainly end up with NN, Marcus, Drama and God knows who else.

A more populated board would be cool, but is it worth ending up back at square 1?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem a little fixated on "winning". Not even sure how one can even define "defeated" in this context.

The fun for me in posting on DumDumVille was always as a kind of contest, to see how well I could make fun of and 'expose' the trolls and Nolan for the idiots they are. Each time I felt I got in a good shot, it felt like I 'won'.

I'm so over it now. And really, this is just idle entertainment. Winning, losing, 'arguing', 'debating', can any of that really apply to what we are doing posting about a baseball team?

So the definitions don't really matter. I used to battle Nolan, he outlasted me, but, whatever. It's not really 'winning' or 'losing'.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This!

If we went and sent a general invitation to the Disney board, then we would most certainly end up with NN, Marcus, Drama and God knows who else.

A more populated board would be cool, but is it worth ending up back at square 1?

Trolls can't exist here. They didn't exist at ESPN either when each board had it's own moderator. On the Niners board here, Cazic and Mackdown (who is dramalita/freebase on the Giants board?) lasted about 5 minutes.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trolls can't exist here. They didn't exist at ESPN either when each board had it's own moderator. On the Niners board here, Cazic and Mackdown (who is dramalita/freebase on the Giants board?) lasted about 5 minutes.

In that case, I don't see why not.

More people = more discussion, and isn't that what we ultimately come here for?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fun for me in posting on DumDumVille was always as a kind of contest, to see how well I could make fun of and 'expose' the trolls and Nolan for the idiots they are. Each time I felt I got in a good shot, it felt like I 'won'.

I'm so over it now. And really, this is just idle entertainment. Winning, losing, 'arguing', 'debating', can any of that really apply to what we are doing posting about a baseball team?

So the definitions don't really matter. I used to battle Nolan, he outlasted me, but, whatever. It's not really 'winning' or 'losing'.

He "outlasted" you because he has no where else to post. He's banned from every alternative, or soon would be be if he pulled the same crap anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He "outlasted" you because he has no where else to post. He's banned from everywhere alternative, or soon would be be if he pulled the same crap anywhere else.

Oh, for sure. I don't feel 'defeated' by him. The guy is Tito-level implacable. No point in continuing to pwn the guy.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In that case, I don't see why not.

More people = more discussion, and isn't that what we ultimately come here for?

I think the general thought around here was to let the forum grow organically. But then with the announcement of the ESPN board's format change, I don't think anyone had a problem with posting a note over there, if someone already here wanted to do it. It will get deleted by ESPN mods - so there's that issue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted it a couple times without it getting deleted. However "sportshoopla" is now a bad word over there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sayheykid1...getting in some nice anti-Nolan jabs. Should we give him a personal invite?