• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Coach Rumors

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskerboards is slow as fuck. How many of you ass ratchets are ddosing your own shit?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the coaches that would be a disaster is David Shaw. Another coaching search would be happening in 5 to 7 years, or maybe even less with him being hired.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I have heard from a former Husker player's brother (don't shoot the messenger). Bo was told to fire a/the coordinator(s) after last years Iowa game but refused and had a shouting match with Eichorst. This year, Bo was simply fired. During the Husker vs Jays Basketball game, Jim Tressel will be announced as the next Head Coach at Nebraska and Scott Frost will be named OC/Assistant Head Coach in waiting. Tressel will receive a 5 year contract worth $7 million per year. I don't know what to think of this either way and I am not sure if I even believe it. I just am passing it on to you guise.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I have heard from a former Husker player's brother (don't shoot the messenger). Bo was told to fire a/the coordinator(s) after last years Iowa game but refused and had a shouting match with Eichorst. This year, Bo was simply fired. During the Husker vs Jays Basketball game, Jim Tressel will be announced as the next Head Coach at Nebraska and Scott Frost will be named OC/Assistant Head Coach in waiting. Tressel will receive a 5 year contract worth $7 million per year. I don't know what to think of this either way and I am not sure if I even believe it. I just am passing it on to you guise.

Too good to be true :lol:

I've heard several versions of this...It would be freaking awesome.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep......I heard the same thing.

5 years for 32.5 million. But pretty damn close.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. but TPTB, namely boosters, want Nebraska on top again and could make it happen.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that make him the highest paid coach?

It would make him the 2nd highest paid coach behind Saban.

To get a guy like Tressel, it would have to be a price tag like that, though.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We easily have that money. I mean, it literally is not an issue.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As great as it would be, I just don't think this "pipe dream" would ever become reality. However, maybe this is true... It just contradicts Eichorst and his "values" since Tress got into hot water at OSU and defies all of Eichorsts' beliefs.

That being said, it could very well be that the boosters are convincing Eichorst to look to the long term future of Nebraska Football. Just like Devaney mentored Osborne, they're looking for an exceptional coach to mentor Frost so he can be a long-term elite coach at Nebraska.

That's the only reason this is even possible.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel/frost-HC in wating makes zero sense to me. It means somewhere down the line we are planning to hand the program over to someone who, once again, has zero college HC experience.