• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1669929206699.png

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1669929578907.png

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still intrigued/impressed/curious by @broncosmitty prior mention of LSU QB Jayden Daniels. He had a sprained ankle prior to last night's game versus Georgia and re-injured that same ankle last night, but his pocket awareness, ability to move around the pocket, deliver a catchable ball and knowing when to place enough velocity on deep balls or take some velocity off on short to intermediate throws was spot on throughout his limited play time.

He's thin and needs to add 15-20 lbs. to his frame but the talent is there mentally and physically.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia S Christopher Smith, LSU NB/S Jay Ward and Michigan outside CB DJ Turner all impressed me with their play and not just in these CCG either.

Also, Purdue WR Charlie Jones is a highly intriguing prospect. The body control he displays anywhere on the field is exemplary. He's a great route runner, has burst/explosiveness to get free off the L.O.S., he can easily find soft zones to sit down in and has the awareness to break off his route and come back when his QB is in trouble.

I have Not been impressed by K-State Edge rusher Anudike-Uzomah these last two games. I found him lying on the turf all too often versus TCU LT and his inability to counter once he's neutralized. He has the physical build, but he is extremely raw with his technique.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard Purdue’s Charlie Jones is a 6th year senior. Those extra years should make him look pro ready.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard Purdue’s Charlie Jones is a 6th year senior. Those extra years should make him look pro ready.

That isn't always the case though and I believe he is in year 5 as he was a walk-on for Iowa in 2019 after having played 1 year for another team prior to that year.

He'd be redundant to AR-SB, Kalif Raymond and Tom Kennedy as he's primarily a slot receiver who can move outside.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still intrigued/impressed/curious by @broncosmitty prior mention of LSU QB Jayden Daniels. He had a sprained ankle prior to last night's game versus Georgia and re-injured that same ankle last night, but his pocket awareness, ability to move around the pocket, deliver a catchable ball and knowing when to place enough velocity on deep balls or take some velocity off on short to intermediate throws was spot on throughout his limited play time.

He's thin and needs to add 15-20 lbs. to his frame but the talent is there mentally and physically.
He definitely needs to bulk up for the next level. But I really like what he brings to the table. From what I’ve seen, he plays smart football and has talent with his feet and arm.

Not looking for him to play right away. Just compete, put work in and improve. And his transfer to a program he had to compete for a spot on impressed me. He didn’t just go with an easy path to start. He went to the toughest division with others shooting for the same snaps he’s got all year.

Be nice to have a backup with real upside.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely needs to bulk up for the next level. But I really like what he brings to the table. From what I’ve seen, he plays smart football and has talent with his feet and arm.

Not looking for him to play right away. Just compete, put work in and improve. And his transfer to a program he had to compete for a spot on impressed me. He didn’t just go with an easy path to start. He went to the toughest division with others shooting for the same snaps he’s got all year.

Be nice to have a backup with real upside.

One might also consider he had two true freshmen starting at the OT positions. That is huge to why it may have taken some time to find his groove.

He's a legit option for Holmes to secure someone for the backup QB position. Daniels added dimension of his ability to create off schedule whether with his feet or arm has to be considered a plus.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add Michigan C Oluwatimi to this list as well. He has been relatively dominant this year and is thought to be able to play OG as well and maybe add Michigan LT Hayes to the list should he last until early day 3.

Holmes may need to work some magic obtaining (2) early 4th round picks in 2023 because the current mid 3rd round slot and waiting until mid 5th round is a huge gap. Holmes does have (2) 6th round picks but no 4th or 7th round picks.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We would have to keep Goff another year then. Goff may keep the job if we win most of the remaining games and he does not turn the ball over.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would have to keep Goff another year then. Goff may keep the job if we win most of the remaining games and he does not turn the ball over.

When he plays like he did today, he looks like a world beater - he's not.

I truly don't expect Holmes to release him in the off-season, but I do anticipate Holmes drafting a QB with that 3rd round pick or maybe use that pick to move around depending on how the board falls and what QB's are still available.

Jax defense nor their offense should be considered a juggernaut that the Lions went up against today.

Let's see how these last 5 games play out with Goff going on the road versus Jets, Panthers and Packers and home games versus Vikings and Bears.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not opposed to seeing what comes of the FA QBs and offering a deal to Goff if there is no better options out there and build defense and grab Grayson Mccall or another late round QB to groom. My fears of drafting a qb early is Jamieson and ARSB have a year of wasted time.

With Jimmy G being out for year, no way they pick up his options, thoughts on him coming to the D?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not opposed to seeing what comes of the FA QBs and offering a deal to Goff if there is no better options out there and build defense and grab Grayson Mccall or another late round QB to groom. My fears of drafting a qb early is Jamieson and ARSB have a year of wasted time.

With Jimmy G being out for year, no way they pick up his options, thoughts on him coming to the D?
Is he really going to be that much better than Goff? Or less expensive?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injury history gives me great pause even thinking about him realistically being signed. He missed 13 games in 2018 and now is out for the remaining after having started 10 of 12 games as Trey Lance started those first two games.

Garoppolo and Goff might very well be close statistically on a year-to-year basis once Jimmy was traded to the niner's.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: We are using Tankathon’s strength of schedule calculator, which takes into effect the entire schedule of each team, not just the games played.

1. Texans: 1-10-1 (.505 strength of schedule)
  2. Bears: 3-10 (.575)
  3. Broncos (belongs to Seahawks): 3-9 (.478)
  4. Rams (belongs to Lions): 3-9 (.498)
  5. Panthers: 4-8 (.449)
  6. Saints (belongs to Eagles): 4-8 (.500)
  7. Jaguars: 4-8 (.502)
  8. Cardinals: 4-8 (.510)
  9. Colts: 4-8-1 (.507)
  10. Falcons: 5-8 (.444)
  11. Packers: 5-8 (.563)
  12. Raiders: 5-7 (.439)
  13. Browns (belongs to Texans): 5-7 (.439)
  14. Steelers: 5-7 (.539)
  15. Lions: 5-7 (.539)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lions quite possibly having a top 5 pick from the Rams, I think Georgia DT Jalen Carter is the one player and position that could conceivably help the Lions the most defensively. He can play anywhere on the DL from 6-tech down to 0-tech.

I don't see any other iDL prospect that outshines Carter and also with extreme questions surrounding Onwuzurike, Carter may very well be that could help propel this defense for years to come.

I'm honestly not in favor of any of the other Edge rushers beyond Will Anderson - Maybe Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey. Myles Murphy and Tyree Wilson more than likely duplicate what we already have in Josh Paschal and John Cominsky should the latter be re-signed.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One might also consider he had two true freshmen starting at the OT positions. That is huge to why it may have taken some time to find his groove.

He's a legit option for Holmes to secure someone for the backup QB position. Daniels added dimension of his ability to create off schedule whether with his feet or arm has to be considered a plus.
With the Lions quite possibly having a top 5 pick from the Rams, I think Georgia DT Jalen Carter is the one player and position that could conceivably help the Lions the most defensively. He can play anywhere on the DL from 6-tech down to 0-tech.

I don't see any other iDL prospect that outshines Carter and also with extreme questions surrounding Onwuzurike, Carter may very well be that could help propel this defense for years to come.

I'm honestly not in favor of any of the other Edge rushers beyond Will Anderson - Maybe Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey. Myles Murphy and Tyree Wilson more than likely duplicate what we already have in Josh Paschal and John Cominsky should the latter be re-signed.
I think we have a real good shot at Anderson.

Houston is taking a QB @1. Don’t know how they couldn’t.

Seattle seems likely also.

We just need Chicago to win a game. Cuz I don’t see how the Rams will

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I total homer for wanting us to draft Jake Moody?

Cuz I want us to draft Jake Moody.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions still have the worst pass rush in football. Anderson should absolutely be the #1 goal. Carter would not be a bad consolation prize though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a real good shot at Anderson.

Houston is taking a QB @1. Don’t know how they couldn’t.

Seattle seems likely also.

We just need Chicago to win a game. Cuz I don’t see how the Rams will

Good points brought up here.

Chicago has one hell of an ending schedule to combat.
(Eagles, Bills, Lions, Vikings)

I would love to have Will Anderson, but like my usual pessimistic self when choosing a CB I like in the draft, I'm not even remotely confident he lasts to when we draft. That also extends to the Rams somehow finding a way to win a couple of games down the stretch.
  • vs. Raiders (5-7)
  • at Packers (5-7)
  • vs. Broncos (3-9)
  • at Chargers (6-6)
  • at Seahawks (7-5)