• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nets choose some Kidd to be HC

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so fuckin stupid, I have seen horses make better decisions. Jason Kidd barely retires and has never coached a team in his entire career and he is chosen over coaches far more qualified then him. Brian Shaw, Kurt Rambis, Van Gundy, Doc Rivers is about to quit the Celtics, the coach from Memphis and they choose Jason Kidd? Some one has got to be doing crack

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was between Shaw and Kidd, and they ultimately chose Kidd. Either way I'm excited as he should be better than PJ and Avery and hopefully wont run such a ridiculously slow offense that is isolation heavy like Avery and PJ. Shaw for some reason keeps getting interviewed but never hired for head coaching jobs. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with Shaw or if everyone is just stupid... probably the later.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hired over Shaw and Ewing? Sorry, but this has "disaster" and "money grab" written all over it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be an entertaining experiment either way. I think his biggest hurdle may be respect. He literally just walked off the court against guys he's been playing against and now he's they're coach. While Mark Jackson had no prior coaching experience and is doing fine now, at least he was away from the game for awhile.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his biggest hurdle may be respect.
I disagree. His biggest hurdle will be getting 100% out of Deron Williams without him quitting on the coach.

I think players will respect JKidd because of how he was able to be a presence in the game for a very long time without being a good scorer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. His biggest hurdle will be getting 100% out of Deron Williams without him quitting on the coach.

I think players will respect JKidd because of how he was able to be a presence in the game for a very long time without being a good scorer.

He will have the players' respect initially, but it won't take much for that to change. I think he will be a good coach in time, but the Nets are taking an awfully big risk hiring someone with 0 coaching experience at any level.

It is amazing to me to see Shaw continually get passed over for retreads and less qualified people.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put me in the "ridiculous" camp........ thought the nets were trying to win, why would you trust all your talent and money too a guy with zero coaching experience????

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets obviously going route of the Jets. Can't really do it on the competitive field, so they go after headlines off the field to stay relevant.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible idea. Great players don't typically make great coaches. What you want is the scrub who was a backup and undersized his entire life. You don't want the natural talent who can only say "Why can't you just see the court...I did". You want someone who had to bust it and work hard just to play 3rd string. THAT dude knows how to work hard and exploit weaknesses.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible idea. Great players don't typically make great coaches. What you want is the scrub who was a backup and undersized his entire life. You don't want the natural talent who can only say "Why can't you just see the court...I did". You want someone who had to bust it and work hard just to play 3rd string. THAT dude knows how to work hard and exploit weaknesses.

True in almost all sports, with the rare exceptions like a Tom Landry.

Rarely do the good players become good coaches.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being said that Kidd blew the Nets away in the interview. Apparently he broke down the game of every Nets player, what they do well, what they don't do well and how he would use them based on their strengths.

He also broke down their playoff loss to the Bulls and what he would have done differently.

The Nets were reportedly impressed with the assistant coaches her intends to bring as well.

Whether any of this translates into production on the court, remains to be seen, but it sounds like he nailed the interview!!

And if Deron Williams isn't bright enough to listen to a sure 1st ballot Hall of Famer who has NBA experience as recent as this past season, then he needs to be sent to the CBA!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being said that Kidd blew the Nets away in the interview. Apparently he broke down the game of every Nets player, what they do well, what they don't do well and how he would use them based on their strengths.

He also broke down their playoff loss to the Bulls and what he would have done differently.

The Nets were reportedly impressed with the assistant coaches her intends to bring as well.

Whether any of this translates into production on the court, remains to be seen, but it sounds like he nailed the interview!!

And if Deron Williams isn't bright enough to listen to a sure 1st ballot Hall of Famer who has NBA experience as recent as this past season, then he needs to be sent to the CBA!!
Kidd was born to do nothing but play and coach basketball. Trust me. He wouldn't be able to do anything else. My bet is that he massively succeeds at this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kidd was born to do nothing but play and coach basketball. Trust me. He wouldn't be able to do anything else. My bet is that he massively succeeds at this.

If he coaches and prepares his team half as well as it sounds like he prepared for the interview, I have no doubt that you are right!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this hire for the Nets. Kidd is a very smart basketball player and a strong leader. I would imagine he will transition well into a coaching role. I'm sure as a longtime PG and leader, he's done some "coaching" already.

It's good to see some fresh blood on the sidelines. How often do we see retreads keep getting jobs but not be successful? B-Shaw will get his chance sooner than later.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Kidd, but man B-Shaw gets the shaft again.