• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nets choose some Kidd to be HC

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what is wrong with Shaw, if he is just getting unlucky or bad at interviews or what, but I like that Kidd blew the Nets away in the interview, although being a very smart basketball and a great leader as a player does not always translate to coaching... see Magic. Hopefully it will go good, and Kidd will have the Nets play a faster pace instead of a ridiculously slow iso heavy offense that Avery and PJ placed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True in almost all sports, with the rare exceptions like a Tom Landry.

Rarely do the good players become good coaches.

You are correct, but Kidd is a little bit different. He is one of the smartest players to ever play the game and the ultimate team guy. PGs are generally well suited for head coach roles because of their leadership status as players.

That said, I still think he should have to pay his dues with a couple years as an assistant before getting an opportunity like this. He may have a great vision of what the Nets need to do, but getting the players to buy in is another challenge entirely.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kidd was born to do nothing but play and coach basketball. Trust me. He wouldn't be able to do anything else. My bet is that he massively succeeds at this.
I fully agree with this. JKidd coaching was probably the main reason the Knicks were better this year. He is a guy that has beaten the Thunder, the Heat and the Celtics in the playoffs well past his prime.

I think there is at least a 50% chance he lasts a season on the Nets...which means he'd be a great coach

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible idea. Great players don't typically make great coaches. What you want is the scrub who was a backup and undersized his entire life. You don't want the natural talent who can only say "Why can't you just see the court...I did". You want someone who had to bust it and work hard just to play 3rd string. THAT dude knows how to work hard and exploit weaknesses.

And thats why I always said that Luke Walton would be a great coach. Dude is very smart

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats why I always said that Luke Walton would be a great coach. Dude is very smart

Didn't Luke take on an assistant coaching job with a college team during the lockout? I agree that Luke has basketball smarts and would make a good coach.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think Doc Rivers is about the quit the Celtics?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,068.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he ill make a great coach. He has been around the game long enough to know how to run a team