• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nervous, Who Would You Rather See?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ lol.....

i'm not sure we were blown out by the pack last year either...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone asked me if I'd rather play Green Bay or New England in the playoffs. Hmm... that's a hard one. LOL. Superbowl or NFC Championship? Certainly a head scratcher.

Damn, could you imagine if the 49ers had to beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady just to win the Super Bowl??

I think that alone would earn this defense the right to pull up a chair to the table that the '74 Steelers, '85 Bears, and '00 Ravens are sitting at.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn, could you imagine if the 49ers had to beat Brees, Rodgers, and Brady just to win the Super Bowl??

I think that alone would earn this defense the right to pull up a chair to the table that the '74 Steelers, '85 Bears, and '00 Ravens are sitting at.

Pull up a chair?

How about sit at the head of the table. :-)

Those are 3 Superbowl winning QBs, and probably all 3 will be in the HOF.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pull up a chair?

yes, these other teams are good no doubt, led by elite QB's. they're especially good when we're only focusing on their offenses. can't say we'll win 'for sure' but on the other hand, we have a fair chance.

these teams also lack strong defenses and statistically, they're not even good? so don't see why we can't move the ball/kill clock? no, we're not explosive by any stretch, but we'll move downfield albeit slowly.

we all know about our red zone woes, don't have to repeat it here.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pull up a chair?

I'll give you that...
the '00 Ravens didn't stop any HOF or Super Bowl winning QBs
the '85 Bears knocked off an eventual Super Bowl winning QB, as Simms won the next season
the '74 Steelers took out Kenny Stabler and Fran Tarkenton, two guys worthy of the HOF but hung up on dickweed sports writers politics...and Stabler won a Super Bowl eventually in '76

So if these 49ers had to, and could, beat out 3 Super Bowl winning QBs. They'd deserve the head of the table without a doubt, in my biased opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here are the NFC teams I'd least want to play in order:

1. Saints
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. VaGiants
5. Falcons

Unfortunately it looks like the Niners are going to play my most feared NFC team next week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you that...
the '00 Ravens didn't stop any HOF or Super Bowl winning QBs
the '85 Bears knocked off an eventual Super Bowl winning QB, as Simms won the next season
the '74 Steelers took out Kenny Stabler and Fran Tarkenton, two guys worthy of the HOF but hung up on dickweed sports writers politics...and Stabler won a Super Bowl eventually in '76

So if these 49ers had to, and could, beat out 3 Super Bowl winning QBs. They'd deserve the head of the table without a doubt, in my biased opinion.

Could be wrong, but Steve McNair and Rich Gannon were on Baltimore's path no?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Saints
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. VaGiants
5. Falcons

Unfortunately it looks like the Niners are going to play my most feared NFC team next week.

but it would on our turf....

unless Detroit saves San Francisco and pulls the upset..... :hail:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions
falcons
ravens
alex is going to disneyland

and i'm gonna wake up next to jessica alba in the morning

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lions
falcons
ravens
alex is going to disneyland

and i'm gonna wake up next to jessica alba in the morning

49ers can't play the Lions, I think

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then lets swap lions and falcons. as long as #5 doesn't get switched to rosanne barr it's all good

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Saints
2. Packers
3. Lions
4. VaGiants
5. Falcons

I would much rather play the Saints on our home field then the Packers in their house in January. I believe clyde pulled out the stat sheet and Drees has 12 TD's with 8 picks when he's not playing in NO.

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly how I would want the NFC playoffs to go.

1st RD, both home teams to win. That would send NYG to Green Bay and New Orleans to the Stick. Reason, because I in no way fear the Saint outdoors. That team struggled against every outdoor team the played this year. All but Jacksonville. Our D will be the best defense they will face outdoors this season, plus they struggle against the run.

NYG might have the best pass rushing front in the NFL as far as personel goes. And I think with there front four, they might be able to steal that game from the Packers. To me they have the best chance to stop the GB passing game.

Now if it happens this way. ( Which it probably wont.) That would mean we would have the NFC championship game at home and I love our chances against anybody ( maybe except GB ) at the stick.

But my luck none of this shit will happen.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nervous?

for myself, feel comfortable with our chances no matter the opponent. comfortable isn't confident, but still feel defens steps up in the play-offs. they'll score but unless we turn it over ourselves, don't see them "running it up"?

defensively, we rank #4 in yards and the next best is Atlanta at #12. for points per game, we're #2 and the next best is New Orleans at #13. so our offense should be able to move the ball.

btw - for yards allowed, the other four besides Atlanta rank in the twenties (green bay is 32nd).

Yeah, well -- loose bowels will do that to a oldtimer.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a strange way I kind of want the Niners to beat Brees, Rodgers, then Brady. That would put the biggest stamp on a Superbowl that I can possibly think of. Now, facing those guys pretty much says that its a really long shot to win the big game, but that would really say something to go through that gauntlet.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In a strange way I kind of want the Niners to beat Brees, Rodgers, then Brady. That would put the biggest stamp on a Superbowl that I can possibly think of. Now, facing those guys pretty much says that its a really long shot to win the big game, but that would really say something to go through that gauntlet.

Eli has won just as many Superbowls and Brees and Rodgers.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of QBs in the playoffs that have Superbowl rings: Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, Eli.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eli has won just as many Superbowls and Brees and Rodgers.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of QBs in the playoffs that have Superbowl rings: Brady, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, Eli.

and Alex Smith hasn't even been to the play-offs??!! so undertandably he may be a little "jittery" to start?

just don't be "jittery" in the 4th quarter.