• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Sherman hasn't been convicted (that I'm aware of), while we know Gruden wrote the e-mails.

Point taken though, because Sherman probably shouldn't be eligible to play until the criminal case is sorted out. Plus, it's current while Grudens stuff all looks to be 5-10 years old. That's not even adding in that Sherman has virtually admitted his guilt.

But, the NFL hasn't exactly been known for getting it right on domestic violence issues.

It isn’t just about punishing Gruden though.

At this point it is in the best interest of the Raiders to get a new coach. Players in that locker room are going to look at him different after these emails got out.

When a coach loses the locker room, he has to go. Simple as that. Good chance Gruden had lost the raider locker room.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point it is in the best interest of the Raiders to get a new coach. Players in that locker room are going to look at him different after these emails got out.

When a coach loses the locker room, he has to go. Simple as that. Good chance Gruden had lost the raider locker room.
I get this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of fucked up society are we living in where a guys private emails from over a decade ago can be used to get him fired from a job?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of fucked up society are we living in where a guys private emails from over a decade ago can be used to get him fired from a job?
Well they aren’t private if you send them out especially to other employees. If you text those comments to a buddy it’s one thing but to email them is just stupid especially in todays’ society. Everyone is so sensitive these days and not saying the things Gruden wrote weren’t bad bc they were but the point is, you have to watch what you say now more than ever but to email that shit? Cmon man.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don’t post offensive shit on the internet.

Pretty simple really.

And Gruden is a grown man who should know better. This isn’t like the cases where they are digging up posts made by athletes when they were teens.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they aren’t private if you send them out especially to other employees. If you text those comments to a buddy it’s one thing but to email them is just stupid especially in todays’ society. Everyone is so sensitive these days and not saying the things Gruden wrote weren’t bad bc they were but the point is, you have to watch what you say now more than ever but to email that shit? Cmon man.
my main point is I think you should place everything in the correct context. I obviously think Gruden said some stupid things. 10 years ago what he said was not construed as anything near as serious as it is today.

The standards and morales of a society change over time---- and this is in a lot of situations- where people try and apply a current standard of behavior to behavior from years ago when the standards were different.

Real question- does anyone thing, up to a week ago, that Gruden was sending emails like that, and still talking like that? I do not know for sure of course, but I kind of doubt it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a good and positive thing that morals keep evolving. Now- I think the degree to which some of the SJW's do it today is crazy. But its hard for me to condemn someone for behavior done in time when the standards and morals were different- and retroactively go after them.

I mean- who thinks that probably half the NFL coaches over a decade ago said such things? I think thats probably true. Gruden had the stupidity to put them in writing and then get caught up in an investigation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of Eric Reid, I don't see anything that Gruden said that would've lost the locker room. He didn't exactly pull an Urban there.

I'm not agreeing with Gruden's use of the word "fa**ot" and other things he's said. But let's be real, the NFL is not exactly full of stand up citizens. Some of these guys are accepted into locker rooms, even after domestic charges as well as other morally questionable crimes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is contradictory, you mention "todays society", but these emails were from a decade ago. Times were different. I still think Gruden's an idiot for leaving a digital trail. But this is still stupid.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden deserved to be fired.

-Signed, a Raiders fan (still, since Gase was a trick)

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS is accusing Mayfield of intentionally not throwing the ball to OBJ.

Thinks he needs to go to the Pack, Chiefs or Bucs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Amy Trask is still with Raiders it could happen. she's always liked Hue.

Have no idea who Amy Trask is and I can't look anything up right now because I'm having a good time fucking with that dumbbell fredsdeadfriend in a different thread.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS is accusing Mayfield of intentionally not throwing the ball to OBJ.

Thinks he needs to go to the Pack, Chiefs or Bucs.

SAS is an a-s-s.