• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Sherman hasn't been convicted (that I'm aware of), while we know Gruden wrote the e-mails.

Point taken though, because Sherman probably shouldn't be eligible to play until the criminal case is sorted out. Plus, it's current while Grudens stuff all looks to be 5-10 years old. That's not even adding in that Sherman has virtually admitted his guilt.

But, the NFL hasn't exactly been known for getting it right on domestic violence issues.
Agreed. Also, Goodell has shown a pattern of disciplining players before a verdict has been reached for situations similar to this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really no argument for why gruden should have kept his job.

He went after females, gay ppl, blacks, and took shots at Goodell.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be both. The coaches job is to make calls to put the player in the best possible position to succeed. So the question becomes, why did the player fail? Did the coach have them in the wrong defense? If he did have them in the wrong defense, was the player close enough to being in position that he should have still been able to make the play? Or did it put the player so far out of position, that he couldn't recover?

Was it something that caught the coaching staff completely off guard and the player was completely unprepared for the play? Was it a physical breakdown by the player (slipped, tripped, etc.) or a mental one (misread the play/route, forgot his assignment)?

Or...was the other guy just better/just made a great play? I'd say that one is the one that's most likely to be true most of the time.
when one player knows the other screwed up on the play - which you can see happened on one of the wide open TDs - I'd say it's safe to maybe blame the player.

while what you say is true (can be both) I think we know it usually depends what the person commenting thinks about the coach or the player. Do you think he'll credit the coach for the 2 games the D was elite? I mean, coming into the game they were a top 5 unit (maybe top 3)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think those are all misdemeanors.
Yep, the felony charge was dropped and quickly replaced with 5 misdemeanor charges (driving under the influence, endangerment of roadway workers, resisting arrest, trespass and mischief). The last two are the key ones, since they are domestic violence related. All in all, pretty minor compared to someone like Deshaun Watson.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he'll credit the coach for the 2 games the D was elite? I mean, coming into the game they were a top 5 unit (maybe top 3)

Such an odd performance vs the Chargers. Are the Chargers THAT good?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really no argument for why gruden should have kept his job.

He went after females, gay ppl, blacks, and took shots at Goodell.

I know he used the term "fa**ot", which I don't agree with. There's plenty of other terms to use to disparage someone.

Not taking an aggressive conflict approach, but where did he go after women? As I missed that one.

And in terms of black people - is it because he said Demaurice (spelling?) Smith had big lips? That seems minor at best.

But going after, Goodell, fuck him. Gruden wasn't an employee of the NFL at the time of that email. And even then, other players have been vocally critical of Goodell, while still in the league.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in terms of black people - is it because he said Demaurice (spelling?) Smith had big lips? That seems minor at best.

Nah. He would still have a job if it was just that. I agree that was really minor and didn't bother me. It was the things that came out on Monday.

I was talking about what was said about Eric Reid.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He would still have a job if it was just that. I agree that was really minor and didn't bother me. It was the things that came out on Monday.

I was talking about what was said about Eric Reid.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Ya, I don't necessarily agree with the whole kneeling during the national anthem thing.....but it is a form of protest which is not illegal. Thanks for clearing that up, and I agree.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did nothing wrong. People being dramatic

Yeah I don't exactly get the outrage over this. It seems like he's coddling the relationship with Washington. If Schefter starts burning bridges for the sake of dramatic journalism, it likely costs him insiders, which is why he's in the position he's at today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did nothing wrong. People being dramatic

Yeah, to me it kind of depends on the purpose behind it. If it was just to give them a ''heads up'' so they can prepare for a coming shit storm...I don't really have an issue with it. As Heatles said...he still has to make a living on info he gets from teams. That can be hard to do if no one will talk to you. The WFT knows he has to go with the article, that's why they have attorneys and PR firms on retainer. So they wouldn't freeze him out over it if they get a heads up.

The only issue that I could see is if he allowed them to determine what went into the article.