• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they aren’t private if you send them out especially to other employees. If you text those comments to a buddy it’s one thing but to email them is just stupid especially in todays’ society. Everyone is so sensitive these days and not saying the things Gruden wrote weren’t bad bc they were but the point is, you have to watch what you say now more than ever but to email that shit? Cmon man.
while this is true, these were also emails sent out a decade ago in that society, not today's, weren't they?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Eric Reid, I don't see anything that Gruden said that would've lost the locker room. He didn't exactly pull an Urban there.

I'm not agreeing with Gruden's use of the word "fa**ot" and other things he's said. But let's be real, the NFL is not exactly full of stand up citizens. Some of these guys are accepted into locker rooms, even after domestic charges as well as other morally questionable crimes.

Agree. Plus, a lot of what it seems was in those e-mails was basically "locker room talk". A locker room, especially a football locker room, at virtually every level of sports is one of the nastiest, least PC places you'll find on earth. It seems like nothing is off limits there.

This is contradictory, you mention "todays society", but these emails were from a decade ago. Times were different. I still think Gruden's an idiot for leaving a digital trail. But this is still stupid.

Time, place and context are all important. It kind of reminds me of the controversy a few years back when Paula Deen admitted that she had used the "N word" many years ago and people lost their minds.

She's in her 60's (at the time) and had lived her whole life in the South. What would have been surprising is if she never used the word.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea who Amy Trask is and I can't look anything up right now because I'm having a good time fucking with that dumbbell fredsdeadfriend in a different thread.
she was an executive when Hue was there and fought to keep him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of fucked up society are we living in where a guys private emails from over a decade ago can be used to get him fired from a job?

Well, to be fair there were a LOT of those emails and I believe they were up through 2018. I agree in general though. Political correctness is way too powerful these days, but everyone's trying to save face.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Plus, a lot of what it seems was in those e-mails was basically "locker room talk". A locker room, especially a football locker room, at virtually every level of sports is one of the nastiest, least PC places you'll find on earth. It seems like nothing is off limits there.

Time, place and context are all important. It kind of reminds me of the controversy a few years back when Paula Deen admitted that she had used the "N word" many years ago and people lost their minds.

She's in her 60's (at the time) and had lived her whole life in the South. What would have been surprising is if she never used the word.

Saying stupid shit shouldn't be a fire-able offense. Now, if they can prove that someone was held back, treated differently or didn't get a job because of those statements, now you have an argument. 99% of people could be fired otherwise.

I would love for someone to refuse to apologize for improper remarks. It's about the only thing I respect about Kyrie these days. He's sticking to his guns, even though they don't have firing pins.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield to the Packers may be more likely, unless the Browns aren't asking much for OBJ. I'm sure there are other teams starving for WRs that would bid significantly higher for OBJ. Hell, the Giants entire starting WR corps is injured. I wouldn't put him with a rookie QB though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS is accusing Mayfield of intentionally not throwing the ball to OBJ.

Thinks he needs to go to the Pack, Chiefs or Bucs.

lol

SAS is an idiot.

I think Mayfield may be trying to pass a little less to Odell, but it's what he should be doing. It seems like he was at his worst when he was trying to force the ball to OBJ.

Mayfield needs to get the ball to the guy who's open and not check down so much in 2 minute drills. So far, it seems like, more often than not, it's Jarvis Landry that's open, not OBJ. Maybe you try to force a couple to OBJ during a 2 minute drill rather than just check down. But for the rest of the game, if OBJ wants the ball, he should get open. Not saying OBJ is complaining, just that Baker needs to hit the open receiver.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is contradictory, you mention "todays society", but these emails were from a decade ago. Times were different. I still think Gruden's an idiot for leaving a digital trail. But this is still stupid.
I heard this was over the course of 7 years, at least that's what I heard on the radio. So if it started a decade ago it would be from 2011-2017. So yeah times were definitely different without a doubt but I guess the whole point is you don't email out your private thought even if times were different. That is just common sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS is accusing Mayfield of intentionally not throwing the ball to OBJ.

Thinks he needs to go to the Pack, Chiefs or Bucs.
SAS doesn't know shit about football man. No pointing in even listening to that garbage

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this was over the course of 7 years, at least that's what I heard on the radio. So if it started a decade ago it would be from 2011-2017. So yeah times were definitely different without a doubt but I guess the whole point is you don't email out your private thought even if times were different. That is just common sense.
Yeah, I don't disagree with the bolded at all.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAS should be the last person on Earth commenting on football.
This is the problem, Mayfiekd feels pressure to throw the ball to this dumbass. They better trade him, and soon.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem, Mayfiekd feels pressure to throw the ball to this dumbass. They better trade him, and soon.
No point in forcing the pair to work, at this point just move on. Only problem is his trade value is the lowest of his career so why not give it more time imo