• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke crack. Then you'll really lose weight. I've been known from time to time to have a bad suggestions. This might be one of them.
he COULD try crystal meth if he wants to lose weight AND teeth...

Toothless GIF by memecandy

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about as off topic as it gets. If this passes and any of you want to come try to shoot Bigfoot I’ll help you out, for a nominal fee of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL owners not even hiding the racism

• Bullseye
Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have proof that it's race based?

Yes it is called common sense.

The Chiefs OC (who is black) can't buy a job while the Rams former defensive coordinator was in the NFL for maybe 3 years and only 1 year as a coordinator magically got a job. Bieniemy been with the Chiefs for 7 years or so and he could barely even get any interviews.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the sad thing is Bieniemy wasn't going to get a single interview had Watson not want out of Houston. It is the only reason they even interviewed him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is called common sense.

The Chiefs OC (who is black) can't buy a job while the Rams former defensive coordinator was in the NFL for maybe 3 years and only 1 year as a coordinator magically got a job. Bieniemy been with the Chiefs for 7 years or so and he could barely even get any interviews.

So no. That's what I thought.

Why?

Folks like to assume that it's racial. I'm not sure that's true. There is a lot more to deciding who the head coach will be than someone's skin color.

How many black coaches are there? Of those, how many are ready to be head coaches? Of those, how many want to be head coaches?

Then, each team has it's own specific traits, style of play, roster, etc. How many fit what a team is looking for? It would be foolish to hire a coach who isn't ready or doesn't fit just so they can say they hired a black head coach.

Additionally, in the NFL, there tend to be hiring "trends" based on success of a coach or system. Right now, the trend is to get a coach from Sean McVay's "coaching tree" and that's where a few of these hires came from.

Claiming race without proof that race is really the issue is lazy, imo and can actually hurt future black candidates if teams start hiring black coaches who aren't ready or who don't fit.

Additionally, from what I see, it looks like, at least with ex-players...more black former players are choosing to go into broadcasting than coaching.

Not saying for certain that it's not race based. But unless you have proof, it's pretty lazy to make that assumption.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't see that there's a problem with the NFL when it comes to hiring blacks then you may be racist yourself

I don't need the NFL to tell me they're racist (which is clearly what you need) to see with my 2 eyes what the hell is going on.

Stay in denial if you want.....I refuse to do that

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't see that there's a problem with the NFL when it comes to hiring blacks then you may be racist yourself

I don't need the NFL to tell me they're racist (which is clearly what you need) to see with my 2 eyes what the hell is going on.

Isn't this about hiring the best person for the job, rather than having to hire a person of color because there aren't enough black people coaching in the NFL?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is tough

Institutional racism appears to be impacting the NFL in a big way.

But I also don’t think it is fair to look at any single isolated hire and claim racism.

There should be more black coaches. At the same time, every team needs to have the autonomy to hire the person they want.

There is no easy fix here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough

Institutional racism appears to be impacting the NFL in a big way.

But I also don’t think it is fair to look at any single isolated hire and claim racism.

There should be more black coaches. At the same time, every team needs to have the autonomy to hire the person they want.

There is no easy fix here.

I'll never get how teams hire a position coach instead someone who was the offensive/defensive coordinator

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles overlooking Duce Staley was another slap in the face. That is a man who worked his way up the organization for a decade. Currently the assistant head coach for the past 2 or 3 years.....but at least they went with someone who was in the coordinator role for a few years. It isn't as bad as hiring a position coach or a coach with 1 year of experience as a coordinator

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never get how teams hire a position coach instead someone who was the offensive/defensive coordinator

A lot of good coordinators do not make good head coaches.

In the NFL, a head coach needs to be an exceptional leader. I do not think that is necessary to be an effective coordinator.