• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if I misunderstood but that is how I look at a QB picking a coach, that would be picking his boss.

It's not about the QB picking his coach. It's about him having some input.

Example: The Lakers didn't hire Frank Vogel because Lebron wanted him. If they hired who Lebron wanted, Lue would be coaching them.

But, you can be damn certain that they made sure Lebron was okay with it before they hired him.

When I was having my assistant and/or a key employee sitting in on an interview, it wasn't so that they could pick who they would work with/for. It was because giving them a voice made them more invested in the company and in what we were trying to accomplish.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaaaaaay off topic.

This butthole probe aka colon investigation....you had it done @trojanfan12, @ChiefsLakers67?

Gonna be 50 later this year. Tried telling woman I can put it off till 53-55. She disagreed. Think she getting some kind of sick pleasure out of watching me squirm.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about the QB picking his coach. It's about him having some input.

Example: The Lakers didn't hire Frank Vogel because Lebron wanted him. If they hired who Lebron wanted, Lue would be coaching them.

But, you can be damn certain that they made sure Lebron was okay with it before they hired him.

When I was having my assistant and/or a key employee sitting in on an interview, it wasn't so that they could pick who they would work with/for. It was because giving them a voice made them more invested in the company and in what we were trying to accomplish.
This.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try a a new rib recipe for the conference championship games on Sunday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Shaq's comment....I think it may have been Shaq motivating him reverse psychology style....

Who knows what he was thinking. He's a 7 foot doofus.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try a a new rib recipe for the conference championship games on Sunday.

How are you going to make them? I just picked up a rack yesterday that's either getting smoked tomorrow or Sunday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to make them? I just picked up a rack yesterday that's either getting smoked tomorrow or Sunday.

I misspoke. Shouldn't have said new recipe. Made these once. But it was more than 10 years ago. And I usually use my smoker with my ribs but I ran acorss this old recipe I thought I lost.

Season ribs with salt/pepper & cook in crockpot, cover with water for 6/7 hours on low. Then drain.

Season ribs with garlic salt. Put marinate on ribs. Throw on grill until done. Recipe says can use broiler.

Marinate is salt/pepper, 2 c. water, garlic salt (optional if you want more than what's on ribs), russian dressing (8 oz.) & pineapple juice (6 oz.).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misspoke. Shouldn't have said new recipe. Made these once. But it was more than 10 years ago. And I usually use my smoker with my ribs but I ran acorss this old recipe I thought I lost.

Season ribs with salt/pepper & cook in crockpot, cover with water for 6/7 hours on low. Then drain.

Season ribs with garlic salt. Put marinate on ribs. Throw on grill until done. Recipe says can use broiler.

Marinate is salt/pepper, 2 c. water, garlic salt (optional if you want more than what's on ribs), russian dressing (8 oz.) & pineapple juice (6 oz.).
What's the point of salt/pepper while they are in the crockpot?
Especially if you drain the water, how much of the salt/pepper stays with the ribs that that you couldn't add afterwards in a rub?

I had a friend that blended both Russian and French dressing as part of a marinade.
Didn't seem palatable, but it was an interesting blend of sweetness.

Reactions: DJ

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of salt/pepper while they are in the crockpot?
Especially if you drain the water, how much of the salt/pepper stays with the ribs that that you couldn't add afterwards in a rub?

I had a friend that blended both Russian and French dressing as part of a marinade.
Didn't seem palatable, but it was an interesting blend of sweetness.

Not sure. Just going by what the recipe says.