• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm...even that looks to be debatable. Hard to imagine they are better off without the guy but Baker looked like 2018 baker without OBJ.

OBJ isn't a team player.

OBJ isn't the problem in this case. Imo, the problem is Baker. He seems to think he has to throw every pass to OBJ. When OBJ is out, Baker is forced to just throw the ball to the guy who is actually open rather than try to make sure the "name" gets the ball.

The funny thing is, if he took the same approach when OBJ is in the game as he does when he's not...it might result in fewer targets, but more actual catches because the defense won't be able to key entirely on Baker.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ isn't the problem in this case. Imo, the problem is Baker. He seems to think he has to throw every pass to OBJ.
Aaron Rodgers throws almost every pass to Davante Adams and it isn't a problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ isn't the problem in this case. Imo, the problem is Baker. He seems to think he has to throw every pass to OBJ. When OBJ is out, Baker is forced to just throw the ball to the guy who is actually open rather than try to make sure the "name" gets the ball.

The funny thing is, if he took the same approach when OBJ is in the game as he does when he's not...it might result in fewer targets, but more actual catches because the defense won't be able to key entirely on Baker.
Could be Baker, but I'm more inclined to think OBJ more of the problem. Many say he didn't know playbook last year and has never been known to run precise routes. Now it's not OBJs fault he's in the game at the expense of Higgins.

I do agree possible what you say is true and Baker needs to grow a pair and tell OBJ to quit crying about not getting the ball (assuming he is).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be Baker, but I'm more inclined to think OBJ more of the problem. Many say he didn't know playbook last year and has never been known to run precise routes. Now it's not OBJs fault he's in the game at the expense of Higgins.

I do agree possible what you say is true and Baker needs to grow a pair and tell OBJ to quit crying about not getting the ball (assuming he is).

It's clear for whatever reason Baker hasn't put odell in his place.

Landry is a team first guy (I don't for the life of me understand what miami saw wrong with him) so without obj in there this is 100 percent bakers team again

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I joked in the other thread but did we ever find out what Higgins did to get benched?

He's CLEARLY the third best receiver on the team

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step one may be that Adams is a better receiver

Step two is that Rodgers is a better qb

I laughed when I read that comment. Comparing Mayfield to a first ballot HOFer. Funny stuff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers throws almost every pass to Davante Adams and it isn't a problem.

He gets away with it because he's Aaron Rogers. Russell Wilson gets away with shit that I'm not sure any other QB could, but it works because he's Russell Wilson. Patrick Mahomes is like that. Baker Mayfield isn't in that zip code.

Reactions: GNG

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^This^^^

Baker is the QB. His job is to get the ball to the guy who's open, not the guy who complains the most.

When Brady was in New England...receivers weren't even allowed to tell him they were open on a play. Let alone demand the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

Baker is the QB. His job is to get the ball to the guy who's open, not the guy who complains the most.

When Brady was in New England...receivers weren't even allowed to tell him they were open on a play. Let alone demand the ball.
I mean, we don't know this is happening...been many games the complaint about Baker was he did not throw to OBJ enough. Maybe that was because he ran wrong route or was not open.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Landry is a team first guy (I don't for the life of me understand what miami saw wrong with him) so without obj in there this is 100 percent bakers team again

Landry wanted the Dolphins to pay him $16 mil per year - basically pay him as a #1 WR. He's not a #1 WR. That's why Miami got rid of him.

Also, Baker's not telling OBJ what to do. He doesn't have the cache. OBJ's a head case, but you need to have a QB like Mahomes, Big Ben, Brady, RW, etc... to tell OBJ what to do. Baker's not exactly the example of a perfect QB, so he has no room to tell OBJ shit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

It's culture, New England established it, Tom Brady put in the work and became a Mt. Rushmore QB.

The problem is, Baker has this reputation about him where his affairs aren't in order to where he can tell a player like OBJ to shut up and get in line.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry wanted the Dolphins to pay him $16 mil per year - basically pay him as a #1 WR. He's not a #1 WR. That's why Miami got rid of him.

Also, Baker's not telling OBJ what to do. He doesn't have the cache. OBJ's a head case, but you need to have a QB like Mahomes, Big Ben, Brady, RW, etc... to tell OBJ what to do. Baker's not exactly the example of a perfect QB, so he has no room to tell OBJ shit.
I would not call Landry elite, but also not sure at time of deal there were 33 better than him so he is a lower half #1. Browns' O was actually better with him as a #1. We'll see if that was just coincidence. Might be.

we have seen baker call out OBJ and tell him to run more precise routes. OBJ is who he is...doubt he's falling in line for any QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's culture, New England established it, Tom Brady put in the work and became a Mt. Rushmore QB.

The problem is, Baker has this reputation about him where his affairs aren't in order to where he can tell a player like OBJ to shut up and get in line.
what makes you think anyone can? I mean, Eli not elite of elite but he's borderline HOF at worst and OBJ still did his own thing there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes you think anyone can? I mean, Eli not elite of elite but he's borderline HOF at worst and OBJ still did his own thing there.

Eli's the definition of average, but he's getting into the HOF. And when that happens it's gonna be funny to see peoples reactions.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Mayfield's affairs aren't in order. That dumbbell has more tv commercials than wins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli's the definition of average, but he's getting into the HOF. And when that happens it's gonna be funny to see peoples reactions.
seems a little harsh. average? 57K yards. Multiple Pro Bowls and SB MVPs? But, yeah, many will flip if he makes HOF and I think he will.