• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb and Garrett are the two best Browns...Garrett #1 in my book. Mayfield is streaky at times...classic case was Sunday. He just needs to play better sometimes in the 2nd half. That being said, the arm talent is there
Garrett playing better than I ever remember. Not just about sacks now for him (he gets a ton, still) but he seems like he has something to do with every play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett playing better than I ever remember. Not just about sacks now for him (he gets a ton, still) but he seems like he has something to do with every play.

Yep, his pressures have forced more TO's than any defensive lineman in the NFL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a coach that knows his strengths is the difference between night and day...it makes you question how many talented QB's don't make it just bc of coaching. Usually many factors but still we will never know.
while I never was in on the notion our other QBs were ruined by our coaches (I just don't think they were very good) I think if given time Freddie could have ruined him. He was just a complete disaster and it's pretty obvious.

as for entire team they are so much more disciplined/organized. Fewer penalties...get to line quicker. Love it!!

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s a “seriously likeable” trophy? Asking for a friend...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a coach that knows his strengths is the difference between night and day...it makes you question how many talented QB's don't make it just bc of coaching. Usually many factors but still we will never know.

I think there are a lot of guys who could be competent starters in a good system with a good coach.

A bad coach won’t ruin a great QB, a great coach won’t king a lousy one.

But for the guys in the middle of the spectrum it makes a huge difference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I never was in on the notion our other QBs were ruined by our coaches (I just don't think they were very good) I think if given time Freddie could have ruined him. He was just a complete disaster and it's pretty obvious.

as for entire team they are so much more disciplined/organized. Fewer penalties...get to line quicker. Love it!!

Yeah I don't truly believe that either but I can believe it can stunt a QB's growth...so maybe not live up to what they could be. Overall, if you are talented and want to learn you will improve imo. Yeah Freddie was pretty terrible...I really don't remember one thing he did average.

You mention the penalties...it's something that I have overlooked. You just don't think about it bc you are so into the game...but they are 100% way more disciplined. When you have a leader like Stefanski and you truly believe you can win games...it can change a team. If you haven't watched "building the browns" on youtube...check it out. I watched the last episode, episode 10....I kind of get a hard knocks vibe but really enjoyed that episode.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't truly believe that either but I can believe it can stunt a QB's growth...so maybe not live up to what they could be. Overall, if you are talented and want to learn you will improve imo. Yeah Freddie was pretty terrible...I really don't remember one thing he did average.

You mention the penalties...it's something that I have overlooked. You just don't think about it bc you are so into the game...but they are 100% way more disciplined. When you have a leader like Stefanski and you truly believe you can win games...it can change a team. If you haven't watched "building the browns" on youtube...check it out. I watched the last episode, episode 10....I kind of get a hard knocks vibe but really enjoyed that episode.
Thanks for reminding me...usually wait for episode to be on reg. TV on saturdays, but this one isn't. I'll watch it on YT. Also love these.

Sorry to keep ripping on the guy, but cannot believe Dorsey sat in interviews for probably half a day with Stefanski and Freddie and came away thinking, "Freddie's my guy". And, yes, Haslam to blame because he went along (and was also in the interviews).

But would not change anything from the past as any change might mean they don't have this coach/FO combo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about what the critics are saying.

He seems like a solid NFL franchise QB to me.

Good enough to win with a talented team around him, but not at that elite level some tried to anoint him to a couple years ago.

The only people that tried to anoit Mayfield before last season was the dumbass sports media. And what was funny about that was all the yo-yo's that got pissed off at the Browns for what the media did. They didn't ask for any of that undeserved hype. But got blamed for it anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people that tried to anoit Mayfield before last season was the dumbass sports media. And what was funny about that was all the yo-yo's that got pissed off at the Browns for what the media did. They didn't ask for any of that undeserved hype. But got blamed for it anyway.
Mostly agree...but some of the players bought into their own hype I think. That said, a real coach might have kept them under control.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree...but some of the players bought into their own hype I think. That said, a real coach might have kept them under control.

Don't recall any of the players overhyping things, doesn't mean it didn't happen though. But also I'm not in NE Ohio anymore. You hear a lot more Browns related stuff than I do. I get stuck with Broncos-Broncos-Broncos bullshit year around. I can see players getting a swelled head and talkin' shit. The first player I think of running his mouth isn't Mayfield, it's OBJ.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to hear wiggy's thoughts on why top tier FA's would rather play in Cleveland instead of Miami. I can come up with some reasons. But they would all be 100% nonsense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for reminding me...usually wait for episode to be on reg. TV on saturdays, but this one isn't. I'll watch it on YT. Also love these.

Sorry to keep ripping on the guy, but cannot believe Dorsey sat in interviews for probably half a day with Stefanski and Freddie and came away thinking, "Freddie's my guy". And, yes, Haslam to blame because he went along (and was also in the interviews).

But would not change anything from the past as any change might mean they don't have this coach/FO combo.

Gotta say, Dorsey wasn't the great at hiring. That definitely wasn't his strong suit...he made some good player moves and drafting was good. I can't believe some Browns fans thought he would be ok. I had a lot of questions but I didn't think he would be as awful as he was...I mean he couldn't have done worse than he did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Dorsey wasn't the great at hiring. That definitely wasn't his strong suit...he made some good player moves and drafting was good. I can't believe some Browns fans thought he would be ok. I had a lot of questions but I didn't think he would be as awful as he was...I mean he couldn't have done worse than he did.
Made some solid moves in 2018 but 2019 was a disaster for him. and with what he was left with should have done more in 2018.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
47 days without any positive test in MLB.

Take notes NFL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
47 days without any positive test in MLB.

Take notes NFL
agree....though MLB had their issues before they got their shit in order. Don't forget your "no chance baseball finishes the season".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns finally look like a contender.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Dorsey's strong point was evaluating players but he wasn't that good at rating head coaches.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NFL teams have been good with protocols but a few aren't.
Exactly...just like MLB was when he declared "no way they finish the season".

Possible they don't? Sure. Not sure how many games or when but my guess is a SB gets played this season.