• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off topic but that's what this is for......

Got into "24" after first season (never knew when but thought after season 1). Finally found it on Hulu and watched season 1. Fantastic!! Now I'm on season 5 and still hadn't watched by then when it came out.

Definitely stands test of time and my all-time favorite show. still a lot of high tech stuff even for now...of course, being able to text on their phones then might have helped them out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a mention to the 4-1 Browns. Baker's critics, as usual will ignore the good he did as though the first half didn't happen but at this point let them criticize. A win's a win.....and that Indy team does have a legit tough D.

also loved an article I read about Stefanski and the fact we have a guy with a brain in charge of the clock.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a mention to the 4-1 Browns. Baker's critics, as usual will ignore the good he did as though the first half didn't happen but at this point let them criticize. A win's a win.....and that Indy team does have a legit tough D.

also loved an article I read about Stefanski and the fact we have a guy with a brain in charge of the clock.
definitely agree that the Colts' D is no joke...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't followed the Browns closely. From what I've heard, it looks like the Browns have started featuring the run more and that's helped him tremendously. Amazing what happens when you get a coach that actually seems to know how to help his QB by making sure all of the weapons he has get used.

If they stay healthy, the Browns should be back in the playoffs this year and Baker playing closer to his projected level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely agree that the Colts' D is no joke...

They were without Darius Leonard, but they also had a pretty easy early schedule too. Jags, Jets, Vikings have been a disappointment, and the Bears (hard to believe they're 4-1, props, but again we're talking 3 wins against Lions, Giants, and Falcons). We'll see by midseason which teams are really the contenders.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed the Browns closely. From what I've heard, it looks like the Browns have started featuring the run more and that's helped him tremendously. Amazing what happens when you get a coach that actually seems to know how to help his QB by making sure all of the weapons he has get used.

If they stay healthy, the Browns should be back in the playoffs this year and Baker playing closer to his projected level.
Exactly!! Imagine that, a guy with a brain who plays to strength of his team. I have to wonder what he thought when he watched tape of last year's team....
"uh....how are you able to make OBJ an afterthought?"
"Who ignores the run game with Chubb and Hunt?"
"How were you able to turn a solid OL into one of the worst?"

I still cannot believe there are people who still stick up for a guy who interviewed Freddie and Stefanski and came away thinking, "yep...Freddie's the one."

Cannot believe still have to wait nearly 2 weeks for CFB...and even longer for you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were without Darius Leonard, but they also had a pretty easy early schedule too. Jags, Jets, Vikings have been a disappointment, and the Bears (hard to believe they're 4-1, props, but again we're talking 3 wins against Lions, Giants, and Falcons). We'll see by midseason which teams are really the contenders.
true.....

as for injuries Colts .were also missing their LT. But Browns were missing Chubb, Delpit, Greedy (though that is the norm), Ogunjobi, Joseph, Harrison left with concussion and Teller also left.

would add Garrett playing even better than I expected. Guy is finally wreaking havoc on nearly every snap.

Going back to "scene of crime" next week. That should be interesting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how long before he's starting again? Clearly Rivera's guy wasn't any better, and Alex was barely productive at all.

Rumor is the team will look to trade him.

It is more than just his play. Off field work habits are apparently pretty terrible.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know about what the critics are saying.

He seems like a solid NFL franchise QB to me.

Good enough to win with a talented team around him, but not at that elite level some tried to anoint him to a couple years ago.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough to win with a talented team around him, but not at that elite level some tried to anoint him to a couple years ago.

Wait?!? What?

I have it on good authority that he's so great, people in Cleveland have forgotten all about Lebron.

You should probably re-think that post.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait?!? What?

I have it on good authority that he's so great, people in Cleveland have forgotten all about Lebron.

Interestingly, I heard a couple of critics talking about him the other day and solid franchise QB were their exact words.

Basically, 2nd tier behind guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about what the critics are saying.

He seems like a solid NFL franchise QB to me.

Most critics I see, ironically, are Browns fans. They hear someone make a statement and run with it no matter how absurd. Last season Rex Ryan called him a 1-read QB and his critics used it all the time. Never mind actually a good thing for a QB to be able to make a quick decision off his initial read....but baker seems to be at his best improvising on the run.

This year I hear many calling him a game manager which is even more nuts. Game manager might be the last thing I'd call him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, I heard a couple of critics talking about him the other day and solid franchise QB were their exact words.

Basically, 2nd tier behind guys like Wilson, Mahomes, Rogers, etc.
still time to become elite (his first 35 games have been better than manning, Favre, Brees and others) but that would be my guess as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how long before he's starting again? Clearly Rivera's guy wasn't any better, and Alex was barely productive at all.

That QB room and organization is a shitshow. QB isn't the only problem. They have deeper issues throughout the organization and it seems like if that doesn't change...nothing will.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Leonard being out hurts but that defense is no joke...I was thinking the same thing before the game. They are a disciplined defense--they never missed a tackle, no big plays, etc. They have a bright future, just Rivers is holding them back it seems

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait?!? What?

Chubb and Garrett are the two best Browns...Garrett #1 in my book. Mayfield is streaky at times...classic case was Sunday. He just needs to play better sometimes in the 2nd half. That being said, the arm talent is there

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most critics I see, ironically, are Browns fans. They hear someone make a statement and run with it no matter how absurd. Last season Rex Ryan called him a 1-read QB and his critics used it all the time. Never mind actually a good thing for a QB to be able to make a quick decision off his initial read....but baker seems to be at his best improvising on the run.

This year I hear many calling him a game manager which is even more nuts. Game manager might be the last thing I'd call him.

Having a coach that knows his strengths is the difference between night and day...it makes you question how many talented QB's don't make it just bc of coaching. Usually many factors but still we will never know.