• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pretty surprised if Matt Ryan gets in. He has had a really good career, but I just don’t think he is there without a couple more seasons like 2016.
Another few years, gets to 65k yards and 400 TDs might be tough to keep him out. He'd be a lock if not for the meltdown against NE (not his fault).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another few years, gets to 65k yards and 400 TDs might be tough to keep him out. He'd be a lock if not for the meltdown against NE (not his fault).

I don’t think those numbers mean as much today as they did a few years ago. Passing numbers have exploded over the past 15 years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would like to know what is wrong with this man

Right?

I don’t think either deserves an asterisk, but if 1 were to get 1 it is the league that played a little more than a third of their regular season games and completely changed their playoff format.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was top 5 either, but he was damn good.

when it comes to evaluating other QBs? That's another story.

I doubt I could put Eli in the top 20 considering all the great QB's that have played over all the decades.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he is a Manning.

I think he is a career midrange franchise QB who got hot at the right time twice.

Definite HOF player, but there are dozens of superior QBs who won’t get in.

I can see Eli's speech.

"I beat Tom Brady twice in the biggest of all games"

Then walks off stage.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of this is true but the numbers do not bear out that last part. In fact, too often was ripped because he didn't throw enough to OBJ. The kid cannot win sometimes.

I do hope we can see the 2018 baker though.

I mean he is still only in his 3rd year...it will take time to be a true leader if he gets a chance with a longer career. I am still questioning if the real deal but the buzz is still can he perform at a high level consistently and against the top competition. I get it but I also don't get why people take credit away from him. He went 22-22 with 5 TD's...I don't care what defense you play against and it's more about how he did it. There were plenty of tight window throws on the money FROM THE POCKET. We will see, it seems like he struggles with pressure (like almost any QB) he just needs to work at not getting so antsy in the pocket. We will see, either way he stepped up last game and we have to hope it continues.

But I will say is first you have to beat the bad teams, which they are doing this year so far. In recent years and last year they couldn't even do that. They just have to be more competitive vs the good to great teams.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously would like to know what is wrong with this man

He's made a lot of money with his Lebron hating schtick. He's not going to back away now. Plus, isn't he a Celtics fan? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will say is first you have to beat the bad teams, which they are doing this year so far. In recent years and last year they couldn't even do that. They just have to be more competitive vs the good to great teams.

The bold seems to be the issue. If he could play the Bengals every game, he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer. But against good teams, he often looks overmatched and confused. Obviously, he's not going to have the same level of production against the good to great teams. But he can't look like it's his first day playing QB either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think those numbers mean as much today as they did a few years ago. Passing numbers have exploded over the past 15 years.
agree...but not many hit those numbers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right?

I don’t think either deserves an asterisk, but if 1 were to get 1 it is the league that played a little more than a third of their regular season games and completely changed their playoff format.
but that playoff format change made them have to win in a shortened extra round....and guessing you believe a shorter round makes an upset more likely? Playoff format made it harder for LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is still only in his 3rd year...it will take time to be a true leader if he gets a chance with a longer career. I am still questioning if the real deal but the buzz is still can he perform at a high level consistently and against the top competition. I get it but I also don't get why people take credit away from him. He went 22-22 with 5 TD's...I don't care what defense you play against and it's more about how he did it. There were plenty of tight window throws on the money FROM THE POCKET. We will see, it seems like he struggles with pressure (like almost any QB) he just needs to work at not getting so antsy in the pocket. We will see, either way he stepped up last game and we have to hope it continues.

would add also funny when he loses tight games to good comp (like Rams and Seattle least season) and he plays well enough to win his critics will say "wins/losses all that matters"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold seems to be the issue. If he could play the Bengals every game, he would be a first ballot Hall of Famer. But against good teams, he often looks overmatched and confused. Obviously, he's not going to have the same level of production against the good to great teams. But he can't look like it's his first day playing QB either.
Indy a good team (exceptional D). Yeah, looked bad second half. But elite in first.

Also played well against good teams in losses last season to Rams/seattle (very well against Seattle despite Freddie's dumb) and the critics said "all that matters is winning/losing". The kid cannot win with many fans/media members.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would add also funny when he loses tight games to good comp (like Rams and Seattle least season) and he plays well enough to win his critics will say "wins/losses all that matters"

Yeah it's not like he's never played well or good enough against top teams...that's just been this year and then people say he "never plays well". That just isn't true. Ohh he just abuses Cincy and every other team he is mediocre or below average, not really the case. It depends on what that team does well...sometimes he stares down WR's, sometimes he doesn't read coverages like he should, panics against pressure or feeling pressure but I can think of plenty of games he played well against very good teams...that just hasn't been this year. For the most part he does struggle with certain tendencies displayed by good defenses. Seems like everyone is only going to look at the PIT, TEN and BAL game and say "well what did he do?". He just has to keep getting better, plain and simple.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember people saying Marino's single season record of over 5k passing years would never get surpassed. From 2008 - 2016, Brees passed for over 5k 4 times, and came just short another time (about 50 yards).