• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted 9th tonight in a .5 PPR league tonight. 12 teams
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
14. Cin Def (I play matchups each week they have New England week 1)
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

My RB 2 is somebody that I take off waivers this season. Last few years half the guys in the top 12 RBs taken have gotten hurt. In the mean time, I’ll play matchups for TDs and shit. Zeke is gonna get goal line carries. I think Warren is the better back in Pittsburgh.

The only thing that made me upset was JJ in round 1. I wanted Amon Ra and back up was AJ Brown at 9. Jefferson falls to me. I didn’t want to fuck with that QB situation.

I have the number 2 QB on my board and the 1 TE. Getting that first tier TE was important to me because last few years it’s been like 2-3 TEs then a big drop. I came in trying to get WR depth but don’t know that I pulled that off.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

My RB 2 is somebody that I take off waivers this season. Last few years half the guys in the top 12 RBs taken have gotten hurt. In the mean time, I’ll play matchups for TDs and shit. Zeke is gonna get goal line carries. I think Warren is the better back in Pittsburgh.

The only thing that made me upset was JJ in round 1. I wanted Amon Ra and back up was AJ Brown at 9. Jefferson falls to me. I didn’t want to fuck with that QB situation.

I have the number 2 QB on my board and the 1 TE. Getting that first tier TE was important to me because last few years it’s been like 2-3 TEs then a big drop. I came in trying to get WR depth but don’t know that I pulled that off.
Yeah I have not taken Jefferson yet but at 9 you had to take him. I’ve had to take Kyren on a couple teams so I’m with you on that one. I’m not a Cooper fan but maybe he will produce again. I actually think Jayden Reed could get WR2 production. You need some things to go right but having Mahomes means there is hope. Good luck.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have not taken Jefferson yet but at 9 you had to take him. I’ve had to take Kyren on a couple teams so I’m with you on that one. I’m not a Cooper fan but maybe he will produce again. I actually think Jayden Reed could get WR2 production. You need some things to go right but having Mahomes means there is hope. Good luck.

I drafted a better team from the 10th position in another league

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to hit on two of my favorite fantasy situations - WRs who had promising rookie seasons in year 2. I’ve got 3 of them with Jayden Reed, Zay and Wicks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

Jefferson still did pretty well without Cousins so he's likely elite enough to where it doesn't matter who the QB is. Now if Darnold gets hurt, maybe things go sideways but I wouldn't sweat that. Typically tho in fantasy, its not good value to take both a TE and QB that high. Usually best to do one or the other. Without seeing the board but knowing rankings, you might have gotten close enough production at the TE spot in picks 4 thru 6 allowing you to take a better RB (or WR) at pick 3. I would have looked to get more solid RBs after taking Williams with the 2nd pick (probably wouldn't have taken him at all personally) because there's a decent chance he could bust. He's injury prone, is returning kicks which sets up more chances for injury, and Blake Corum could eat into his touches.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Packers WR room is tough to figure out. The top 4 all deserve a fair share of the snaps. It almost makes the most sense to just take the cheapest guy (Wicks). The least flashy/desirable guy is likely to get the most snaps (Doubs).

Kyren is a tough read. Drafting Corum and adding punt returns to Kyren's responsibilities has me wondering if Corum gets a bigger role than expected this year.

I would've waited a bit on TE, as I'm fine with any of the top 5 or so. That could've upgraded at WR a bit, although I like the picks made. I always leave K and def to the last 2 rounds, so I would've waited on K a bit more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson still did pretty well without Cousins so he's likely elite enough to where it doesn't matter who the QB is. Now if Darnold gets hurt, maybe things go sideways but I wouldn't sweat that. Typically tho in fantasy, its not good value to take both a TE and QB that high. Usually best to do one or the other. Without seeing the board but knowing rankings, you might have gotten close enough production at the TE spot in picks 4 thru 6 allowing you to take a better RB (or WR) at pick 3. I would have looked to get more solid RBs after taking Williams with the 2nd pick (probably wouldn't have taken him at all personally) because there's a decent chance he could bust. He's injury prone, is returning kicks which sets up more chances for injury, and Blake Corum could eat into his touches.

I think drafting Kyren might necessitate also taking his handcuff. I haven't done that in years (and didn't in the 16 team keeper league draft I just finished), but with that uncertainty it seems appropriate.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers WR room is tough to figure out. The top 4 all deserve a fair share of the snaps. It almost makes the most sense to just take the cheapest guy (Wicks). The least flashy/desirable guy is likely to get the most snaps (Doubs).

Kyren is a tough read. Drafting Corum and adding punt returns to Kyren's responsibilities has me wondering if Corum gets a bigger role than expected this year.

I would've waited a bit on TE, as I'm fine with any of the top 5 or so. That could've upgraded at WR a bit, although I like the picks made. I always leave K and def to the last 2 rounds, so I would've waited on K a bit more.
Absolutely on not taking a kicker or defense until you have to.