• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will watch this first half and still wonder why Kerr didn’t play Tatum in 2 of the games. His minutes been bad since the warm up games
Whatever they wonder Kerr will just hold up his gold medal (Tatum's actually...coaches don't get medals)

Curry was pretty much the main guy in the final 2 games but overall a terrific run for Team USA.

France did cover the 13 point spread though LOL (refs?)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever they wonder Kerr will just hold up his gold medal (Tatum's actually...coaches don't get medals)

Curry was pretty much the main guy in the final 2 games but overall a terrific run for Team USA.

France did cover the 13 point spread though LOL (refs?)

It went down to 13? It was 16.5 like an hour before

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t watching honestly, but with the talent level disparity they never should have got down like they did.

Meh...while I disagree with those who say that the rest of the world has "caught up", the gap has closed significantly. It's closed to the point that Team USA has to put a lot more thought and effort into things like roster construction, etc.

Team USA can't get away with just throwing together a roster of NBA players without considering fit and experience with FIBA basketball.

Having said that, the one thing that other countries can't match and won't any time soon, imo, is Team USA's depth. I mean, we had KD coming off the bench. Guys like Halliburton and Tatum barely played. In games where Embiid struggled a bit, it didn't matter because we had AD and against Serbia, it didn't matter that AD struggled a bit because Embiid decided to play arguably his best game.

I think part of the reason Serbia couldn't hang on was that they ran out of gas. Team USA is bringing All-Stars off the bench while Serbia was bringing in Euro league role players.

Who else has that?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...while I disagree with those who say that the rest of the world has "caught up", the gap has closed significantly. It's closed to the point that Team USA has to put a lot more thought and effort into things like roster construction, etc.

Team USA can't get away with just throwing together a roster of NBA players without considering fit and experience with FIBA basketball.

Having said that, the one thing that other countries can't match and won't any time soon, imo, is Team USA's depth. I mean, we had KD coming off the bench. Guys like Halliburton and Tatum barely played. In games where Embiid struggled a bit, it didn't matter because we had AD and against Serbia, it didn't matter that AD struggled a bit because Embiid decided to play arguably his best game.

I think part of the reason Serbia couldn't hang on was that they ran out of gas. Team USA is bringing All-Stars off the bench while Serbia was bringing in Euro league role players.

Who else has that?
Yeah, I’m just saying a loss would have been an upset of epic proportions

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just got to see the last 4 minutes of today’s game. Knowing how Curry saved them against Serbia after watching I have no idea how he wasn’t MVP.