• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year nobody had CJ Stroud in the top 10 QBs in the league and yet he was a top 5-10 QB last year on the field.
And that’s where he is this year. My point was how far down Watson has dropped perception wise, he’s an afterthought. Not saying he can’t fix it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s where he is this year. My point was how far down Watson has dropped perception wise, he’s an afterthought. Not saying he can’t fix it.
I think the best thing Watson has going for him is Stefanski. I’ve been impressed with him as an offensive coach. He has had craziness at QB throughout his tenure and he generally does a better job than most putting his players in spots to make winning plays.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the NFL is so crazy to predict. I can see both a 6-11 scenario and a 13-4 scenario for the Browns.

If they get great answers on these three:
1. Watson
2. Chubb
3. Defense stays as dominant as most of 23

They could win a Super Bowl.

If Watson can’t be Texans Watson or gets banged up, if they get a different Chubb or he gets banged up again, if the defense takes a step back then it could be fugly.

This is a big reason why the NFL is a great follow. That volatility keeps it interesting.
Oh I can agree with this......though did win 11 with watson and many others banged up last season. But, yes, have a bunch of injuries and D not playing as well that's a major problem. I'm hoping they can figure out how to get the D to play better on road.

Because of what you say not sure how much can be put into the SOS based off last season (though ours will likely be tough as division always seems tough). Likely will be a few games that look tough or easy now that go the other way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Browns guys @Wamu @dtgold88 @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh . I was on my 2 week ban when my buddy sent me these and I forgot to post them. Stefanski’s old HS is a big D1 feeder these days in Philly. Marvin Harrison Jr, Kyle McCord, Trotter from Clemson, DeAndre Swift, etc… all went there. My buddy played for Prep before they became this juggernaut. He plays their golf outing. Stefanski couldn’t make it this year but he purchased a few holes for the fundraiser to fuck with his brother.

IMG_5560.jpeg

IMG_5561.jpeg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing Watson has going for him is Stefanski. I’ve been impressed with him as an offensive coach. He has had craziness at QB throughout his tenure and he generally does a better job than most putting his players in spots to make winning plays.
And big change this year will be addition of Dorsey to help. Not sure how much he does, but guessing he can offer more than AVP did.

Guy has coaxed top 10 seasons out of Baker and Brissett (well, not full season...but 11 games out of Brissett). Resurrected career of Flacco. As you mention, done this around some serious craziness at times with injuries, Covid, etc.

Never say never here but think we may finally have a coach who could be here a long time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And big change this year will be addition of Dorsey to help. Not sure how much he does, but guessing he can offer more than AVP did.

Guy has coaxed top 10 seasons out of Baker and Brissett (well, not full season...but 11 games out of Brissett). Resurrected career of Flacco. As you mention, done this around some serious craziness at times with injuries, Covid, etc.

Never say never here but think we may finally have a coach who could be here a long time.
The guy who finally wins a Super Bowl in Cleveland is going to be a regional messiah

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see that situation (1 year at OU) you almost think like “I get it. He’s lived in Saban world his whole career and now he has to assimilate to a new offense, new language, etc… I remember you saying that and I remember that being a story line from OU telecasts announcers would talk about. I just explained it away. Early on in his Eagles career? Ok. Steichen takes over play calling and they adjust midseason? Ok. Having a whole offseason 21 to 22 and it’s still dumbed down in 22? Dude…that’s concerning. Thinking back to last year and I’m talking horrid adjustments vs blitz what we all heard and saw was assistants elevated and they weren’t ready to run an offense, call plays, etc… Now I’m thinking a lot of that was Hurts not getting into the right shit and not seeing what he’s supposed to see.

This is a big time show me year for Hurts. Love the guy and fuck yeah I want to win a Super Bowl. However, there’s reason for concern.
100% honesty...he didn't look like he was healthy last season. He seemed off all season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who finally wins a Super Bowl in Cleveland is going to be a regional messiah
The last time they won it was called NFL championship I believe. Not the Super Bowl.

Last time my Raiders won I was a young whippersnapper. Now, I am a grumpy old man in training with training wheels.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I can agree with this......though did win 11 with watson and many others banged up last season. But, yes, have a bunch of injuries and D not playing as well that's a major problem. I'm hoping they can figure out how to get the D to play better on road.

Because of what you say not sure how much can be put into the SOS based off last season (though ours will likely be tough as division always seems tough). Likely will be a few games that look tough or easy now that go the other way.

What was it, five different QB's last season? Hope that doesn't happen again. I still think it's crazy they somehow made the playoffs. How's Chubb doing? You get much more Browns info where you're at (obviously).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time they won it was called NFL championship I believe. Not the Super Bowl.

Last time my Raiders won I was a young whippersnapper. Now, I am a grumpy old man in training with training wheels.

1964 was my teams last title. In '65 they lost to G.B. in the title game. First year of the S.B. was '66.

If I remember the story correctly Lamar Hunt came up with the term Super Bowl after one of his kids had something called a super ball.