• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In or out of the lineup obviously
Seems by all accounts he is healthy and ready to go.

as to THAT list? Either way seems kind of low considering we didn't have him last year as well as many others who should be back (and we won 11 games). Atlanta, NYG, Bears among others ahead of them seems like kooky talk, but whatever.

But, hell, it's the NFL and it can be unpredictable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems by all accounts he is healthy and ready to go.

as to THAT list? Either way seems kind of low considering we didn't have him last year as well as many others who should be back (and we won 11 games). Atlanta, NYG, Bears among others ahead of them seems like kooky talk, but whatever.

But, hell, it's the NFL and it can be unpredictable.

The list was fubar as soon as you got to the Jets, so I wouldn't stress it lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list was fubar as soon as you got to the Jets, so I wouldn't stress it lol.
Not stressing...I laughed. As I mentioned, thought maybe Greenie made the list.....but he knows better than to put his team that high without seeing it first.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deshaun seemed to be hitting a stride when he got hurt. This is the year.
I honestly don’t think many in the business agree with you. That’s why they play the games though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!!. Jets at 6....maybe it's Greenie's list? All seriousness he knows not to put them that high without seeing it on field.
I think the Jets are a feast or famine team this year. If they get a plus year from Rodgers they have some really good weapons around him and a defense that can help them win a ton of games.

The thing that will determine their success is the Jets OL. They’ve been an enigma. Let’s see if they have that fixed. Line play is really crazy in the NFL but one thing I’ve observed is that teams that play well up front - Detroit, Browns, Eagles the names will change on the line of scrimmage but they always seem to perform. Some of these poor line teams swap out personnel and yet never get better - both NY football teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t think many in the business agree with you. That’s why they play the games though.
Is it really debatable? The guy played well to really well the last few games. could argue last game was biggest win for any team/QB.

I guess could argue just a mirage and he forgot how to play football (or cannot come back from injuries), but he did play well those games.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really debatable? The guy played well to really well the last few games. could argue last game was biggest win for any team/QB.

I guess could argue just a mirage and he forgot how to play football (or cannot come back from injuries), but he did play well those games.
I am talking about where you said this is the year. NFL experts are not putting him in the top half of quarterbacks in the league. Now if you mean this is the year where he proves himself again I would say that is the goal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about where you said this is the year. NFL experts are not putting him in the top half of quarterbacks in the league. Now if you mean this is the year where he proves himself again I would say that is the goal.
Stakes said "this is the year".....I agreed but don't think he meant it as it WILL be the year he plays well but more like the year he NEEDS TO play well (and be healthy, too).

I get why so-called experts have them where they do without seeing him play well for longer stretches.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why the NFL is so crazy to predict. I can see both a 6-11 scenario and a 13-4 scenario for the Browns.

If they get great answers on these three:
1. Watson
2. Chubb
3. Defense stays as dominant as most of 23

They could win a Super Bowl.

If Watson can’t be Texans Watson or gets banged up, if they get a different Chubb or he gets banged up again, if the defense takes a step back then it could be fugly.

This is a big reason why the NFL is a great follow. That volatility keeps it interesting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time last year nobody had CJ Stroud in the top 10 QBs in the league and yet he was a top 5-10 QB last year on the field.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stakes said "this is the year".....I agreed but don't think he meant it as it WILL be the year he plays well but more like the year he NEEDS TO play well (and be healthy, too).

I get why so-called experts have them where they do without seeing him play well for longer stretches.
If I’m a Browns fan I love that scenario of NEEDS TO BE. Watson knows that. Regardless of how it breaks out you’re assured of getting everything the kid has to try and be successful.