• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are listening to Boomer Music Hour...after the break we will do a deep dive into the age old question, were The Beatles just the best band in history, or the greatest people to ever live?
I like some Beatles, their early pop lovey dovey shit I don’t have a deep appreciation for though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are listening to Boomer Music Hour...after the break we will do a deep dive into the age old question, were The Beatles just the best band in history, or the greatest people to ever live?
Not everything gets better

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like them a lot but the joke was right there
I’m a big fan of many of their albums namely Sgt Pepper, Revolver, White Album and Abbey Road.

As far as the Beatles themselves, my favorite was probably George Harrison, the documentary about him on Netflix (as least it was on there and directed by Scorsese) is pretty awesome.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a big fan of many of their albums namely Sgt Pepper, Revolver, White Album and Abbey Road.

As far as the Beatles themselves, my favorite was probably George Harrison, the documentary about him on Netflix (as least it was on there and directed by Scorsese) is pretty awesome.
Yeah I could go into plenty on them, I'm a fan. And yes those are their best albums for sure.

I'll just add one bit about Harrison, it was said the 2 greatest events in his life were joining the Beatles and leaving the Beatles.

And I'll leave you with another chance to remind people Prince was the GOAT...that's Harrison's son Dhani with all the Boomer rockers being blown away by the solo

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, including me and my kids. But if you think these Boomer defenses are going to get me stop teasing you, you haven't been paying attention.
I am the very youngest of the boomer generation, and it seems there is a little disagreement on which year it started. I’ve been called worse though, I think.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I could go into plenty on them, I'm a fan. And yes those are their best albums for sure.

I'll just add one bit about Harrison, it was said the 2 greatest events in his life were joining the Beatles and leaving the Beatles.

And I'll leave you with another chance to remind people Prince was the GOAT...that's Harrison's son Dhani with all the Boomer rockers being blown away by the solo

Fuckin’ A, he was in a class all of his own.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the very youngest of the boomer generation, and it seems there is a little disagreement on which year it started. I’ve been called worse though, I think.
Yeah to be honest I don't take the generation stuff that seriously, people are very different no matter what year they were born. And of course on the edges of the cohorts people are sort of in both generations.

I do think it's interesting to make the groupings though, as far as cultural influences. The groupings do generalize how different the culture was for each successive generation. I'm right in the middle of Gen X, the MTV generation, irony and slackers, it does color ones cultural mindset. Boomers were of course classic rock and the 60s, but they were also punk and disco and the 70s. In fact that generation really needs to be divided in two...the Early Boomers (1946 to about 1955ish) were the ones who were getting drafted to fight in Vietnam and who went to Woodstock. The Late Boomers (1956ish to 1963/4) were too young for that draft and really too young for the 60s they were 70s teenagers.

It's all in fun though, interesting to muse over

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone that liked the Beatles should be a fan of Jeff Lynne and ELO. Very under appreciated guy who was way ahead of his time.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic rock still very popular with the younger crowd
My dad was my biggest influencer there. He still has countless milk crates and boxes chock full of vinyl albums, all I heard growing up and it’s appreciated big time by me.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin’ A, he was in a class all of his own.
There has been music I love more but no one can touch him as being able to do just about everything associated with modern music well: played every instrument (and among the top 5 guitar players ever, Eric Clapton said the Purple Rain album is the best guitar playing he's ever heard on a record), sang, all timer live perfomer, wrote all his stuff (including hits for many other artists), etc. Just the overall GOAT of this stuff

This ties into my generations comment above, a lot of my Prince love is a Gen X thing, Boomers were into the stuff before him and millennials don't know him the same way.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that liked the Beatles should be a fan of Jeff Lynne and ELO. Very under appreciated guy who was way ahead of his time.
Yep he clearly was trying to keep the Beatles thing moving ahead with ELO

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad was my biggest influencer there. He still has countless milk crates and boxes chock full of vinyl albums, all I heard growing up and it’s appreciated big time by me.
What's wild is watching my Gen Z kids with their music taste. Since everything is just a click away on their phones, it's all one big NOW. They listen to stuff from every era...sure they like current acts in a way us old people never can, but my son's favorite band is Green Day (pure Gen X 90s band), and he listens to everything from Frank Sinatra to Kendrick Lamar. It's all one big jukebox with Spotify. They don't collect records and CDs, they just listen to stuff.