• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, if your defense holds the other team to 16, I think you gotta look elsewhere for what went wrong.

I'm greatly assuming you didn't watch the game. The browns scored first just after the second quarter began.

The raiders then proceeded to have the following drives:

16 plays 8:14 fg
12 plays 4 minutes field goal
15 plays 8:34 touchdown
14 plays 8:44 field goal

In the last 42 minutes of the game the raiders had the ball 33 minutes.

The browns only had 3 meaningful drives the rest of the game.

Gruden was having them take 40 seconds each play and keeping the browns offense on the sideline. An overruled td, a missed field goal, and a dropped pass in Raiders territory were the results of those 3 drives.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not about Riley. This is about Bayless.

Get a clue.
It's about many things. Riley, MLB, NBA, asterisks. Mostly it's been about you defending Riley and moving the goal posts instead of just manning up and saying it was absurd to defend Riley in any way. Or if you prefer, in not understanding in no time in sports has anyone thought to use an asterisk for an accomplishment that was made harder.

But you be you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right?

I don’t think either deserves an asterisk, but if 1 were to get 1 it is the league that played a little more than a third of their regular season games and completely changed their playoff format.
and here again is your original comment from bayless' comment. You were at least correct in saying neither accomplishment deserved an asterisk - never mind you went to great lengths to defend Riley saying Lakers' win deserved one - but it's clear the Dodgers accomplishment was made tougher by the change in playoff format. Zero reason for an asterisk when accomplishment is made tougher. You've had some time to think about it...come up with any example in sports before this where someone suggested an asterisk for a tougher accomplishment?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @DJ, you shoulda taken @WiggyRuss 's bet...

Nice win for the silver and black. Baker maybe not quite a star.
Might not be, but if you saw the game he would be the last Browns' player I'd blame for the loss. Pretty much every drive ended with a dropped pass in the end zone, a dropped pass on 3rd down or a missed FG.

Run D was awful as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one wasn't on Baker defense couldn't get off the field. Even with wind that basically made them one dimensional
Right? actually thought Baker played well. some of those drops could not have been more catchable if he just handed the WR/RB/TE the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, if your defense holds the other team to 16, I think you gotta look elsewhere for what went wrong.
not if you actually watched the game, as the D could not get off the field. Though you could certainly blame Baker's targets for not catching the ball in crucial situations.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not be, but if you saw the game he would be the last Browns' player I'd blame for the loss. Pretty much every drive ended with a dropped pass in the end zone, a dropped pass on 3rd down or a missed FG.

Run D was awful as well.

Considering they knew it was coming and they knew within a second or two of when the ball would be snapped yes it was terrible. The run D that is

That was the most excruciating game I can recall watching in some time

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm greatly assuming you didn't watch the game. The browns scored first just after the second quarter began.

The raiders then proceeded to have the following drives:

16 plays 8:14 fg
12 plays 4 minutes field goal
15 plays 8:34 touchdown
14 plays 8:44 field goal

In the last 42 minutes of the game the raiders had the ball 33 minutes.

The browns only had 3 meaningful drives the rest of the game.

Gruden was having them take 40 seconds each play and keeping the browns offense on the sideline. An overruled td, a missed field goal, and a dropped pass in Raiders territory were the results of those 3 drives.
Cannot recall a more painful/frustrating game to watch. worse was we were also able to move the ball but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if you actually watched the game, as the D could not get off the field. Though you could certainly blame Baker's targets for not catching the ball in crucial situations.

Maybe I was just honing in on it but I can't remember the last time I saw a team take that long to snap every single damned play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they knew it was coming and they knew within a second or two of when the ball would be snapped yes it was terrible. The run D that is

That was the most excruciating game I can recall watching in some time
haha...before I read this, just called it the most painful/frustrating I can recall. Excruciating works too.

Hate losing before a bye, but guess if was told we'd be 5-3 before bye we'd take it (I figured 4-4 before season). Next 3 all very winnable (home Houston and Philly and @ Jville). 3 wins would be great, but I'd take 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I was just honing in on it but I can't remember the last time I saw a team take that long to snap every single damned play.
and worse was as you said you knew they were running and still could not stop them. That 3rd and 18 screen they converted was also a disaster. Had to expect screen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and worse was as you said you knew they were running and still could not stop them. That 3rd and 18 screen they converted was also a disaster. Had to expect screen.

Browns should have no problem making the playoffs.

I see 4-5 lock wins left on the schedule.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no one to blame but themselves if they don't win 10

I got them winning vs both NY teams, Philly, Jags, and probably Houston

I think the last WC spot probably comes down to them and the Raiders

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should have no problem making the playoffs.

I see 4-5 lock wins left on the schedule.
They should be favored in 5 but I'm not sure I'm ready to call anything a lock for them yet. But agree there's definitely a very realistic path to 9-10 wins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got them winning vs both NY teams, Philly, Jags, and probably Houston

I think the last WC spot probably comes down to them and the Raiders
Obviously Bmore is one WC (assuming don't win division)....you thinking Indy the other? Luckily we have tiebreaker with them...not with LV.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Bmore is one WC (assuming don't win division)....you thinking Indy the other? Luckily we have tiebreaker with them...not with LV.

Yep Indy looks really good and they play in a shitty division. They should be around 10 or 11 wins

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here again is your original comment from bayless' comment. You were at least correct in saying neither accomplishment deserved an asterisk - never mind you went to great lengths to defend Riley saying Lakers' win deserved one - but it's clear the Dodgers accomplishment was made tougher by the change in playoff format. Zero reason for an asterisk when accomplishment is made tougher. You've had some time to think about it...come up with any example in sports before this where someone suggested an asterisk for a tougher accomplishment?

My reply here had nothing to do with Pat Riley. Nor did my point here have anything at all to do with the difficulty of the title runs.

And you accuse me of “being all over the place”?

LOL.

Typical dtgold. Don’t listen to what the other person is actually saying, just make shit up.

Last edited: