• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie is probably right, but I kinda don't blame Saban. Dude hasn't liked the direction cfb has been heading for a few years now, but has always been able to figure out how to adjust.

I have a feeling that Bama may not have been able to keep up with some of the NIL money that's out there.

Interesting question...15 players hit the transfer portal within hours of Saban's announcement...Did they leave because Saban retired? Or did Saban retire because he knew they were leaving?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,795.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie is probably right, but I kinda don't blame Saban. Dude hasn't liked the direction cfb has been heading for a few years now, but has always been able to figure out how to adjust.

I have a feeling that Bama may not have been able to keep up with some of the NIL money that's out there.

Interesting question...15 players hit the transfer portal within hours of Saban's announcement...Did they leave because Saban retired? Or did Saban retire because he knew they were leaving?
I believe it was 17 hit the portal after the NCG and only 1 since his announcement.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they left because Saban did.

there were a couple already out there.

Saban doesn't like it's such an open contest rather than behind closed doors deals and he is the king of oversigning and then fucking kids over. The BIG didn't allow oversigning yet the SEC did.

Not saying I'm a huge fan of the current environment but Saban hates not having the kind of control he had before.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of Karma with Dallas going down after that bullshit against the Lions.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't matter. What mattered were the 3 stalled drives in the red zone and multiple swallowed whistles (and one that could've been).
Yeah like the "false start" at the end of the 1st half. Lions were driving for 3 maybe 6 and to that point the Rams couldn't stop a fly. That was a huge missed call too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higbee tore his acl. 2nd time in a month that same Lions player significantly injured someone at that same hit but league to worried about head hits. Those low hits are more dangerous imo
Same guy that injured Hock

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip raging against Dak Prescott is pretty funny to me.

He didn’t play very well today and the picks put them in a hole.

But the defense gave up 41 points and the Packers stopped being aggressive in the 4th. Love only threw the ball 21 times.

Dallas is supposed to have a top tier defense. To Et did not show up at all.
He's like most irrational fans......if a team loses he's just going to blame the person he doesn't like.

Guess at least he gets paid a olot to be like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lot of truth to that......though would say if the direction was a benefit to him he'd have been fine with it. He knew if his team was in discussion for a playoff spot in the 4 teamer he was in so change didn't do him any favors.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say while stefanski does deserve some blame as HC the idea Ryans must be far better now is way overblown (really hearing this more from Browns fans than anyone). Sure, a WC game matters more but we have played them 2X in last few weeks where both teams really needed a W. Both games in Houston. we blew them out once, they blew us out once. we were missing a number of players in both games.....they were missing a number of players in 1 game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say while stefanski does deserve some blame as HC the idea Ryans must be far better now is way overblown (really hearing this more from Browns fans than anyone). Sure, a WC game matters more but we have played them 2X in last few weeks where both teams really needed a W. Both games in Houston. we blew them out once, they blew us out once. we were missing a number of players in both games.....they were missing a number of players in 1 game.

I'm less critical on stefanski here than the defensive game plan. Joe Flacco was on a couch for a reason. But the D should've kept the Browns in the game and they didnt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less critical on stefanski here than the defensive game plan. Joe Flacco was on a couch for a reason. But the D should've kept the Browns in the game and they didnt.
Yep....they need to figure out a way for the D to at worse be mediocre and not terrible on road next season. Get them the memo that D is supposed to travel?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higbee tore his acl. 2nd time in a month that same Lions player significantly injured someone at that same hit but league to worried about head hits. Those low hits are more dangerous imo

Like they said during the broadcast last night, if you asked receivers (and honestly, most players) if they'd rather be protected from the high hits or the low ones...they'd choose the low ones.

A high hit might put you out for maybe a week or 2...a low hit can end your season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a week for the state of Michigan.

Wolverines with the natty.

Detroit wins a playoff game.

And now this

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't matter. What mattered were the 3 stalled drives in the red zone and multiple swallowed whistles (and one that could've been).

I said it didn’t end up mattering in my post.

But it was bad strategy and it could have mattered.

No reason whatsoever to wait until after 2 minute warning.

In fact, had they called the TO at 2:30…

Does Campbell still have the stones to call a pass on 2nd down? Or do they run the ball on 2nd down to get to the 2 minute warning?

Maybe it did matter on second thought.