• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to do with who they didn't lose...which was everybody.

Can't remember the last Super Bowl champ (or maybe any sport) that lost so few players and/or coaches.
Something to be said for that, sure....but also should be noted this team was not exactly dominating in reg. season and barely made playoffs if memory serves.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give an opinion on another QB. Baker Mayfield is already better than Trevor Lawrence will ever be.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you’re coming from because despite this, the Browns finished red zone drives with 7 yesterday. At the same time, the commentary itself isn’t useless. It’s hard to score TDs through the run game in the NFL on a weekly basis. Often, the best course of action for teams would entail a big play from the 40-20 going to the end zone because defenses are so tough down there. But I agree with the overall spirit of your comments. Mayfield played a fine game yesterday and it’s nit picking to say he didn’t have a TD pass when the team finished drives. It would have been a different story if drives stalled and resulted in FGs instead of TDs.

He made way more good plays than bad. I really didn't expect him to have the game he did. I'm sure the team's disappointed they left K.C. with a loss. If they can give the Chiefs a good game no reason why they can't hang with any team in the conference.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give an opinion on another QB. Baker Mayfield is already better than Trevor Lawrence will ever be.

TL's in a tough spot. Playing for a bad team. And has a rookie coach that has no experience on the NFL level. Not a good combo.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL's in a tough spot. Playing for a bad team. And has a rookie coach that has no experience on the NFL level. Not a good combo.
Yes for the first time he is not surrounded by extreme talent relative to the competition that makes him look better than he is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? KC was throwing because they couldn't run it in...other than when Mahomes took off.
That was frustrating...again, I blame Woods or the DL coach. TB was able to contain Mahomes and not let him roam through gaping holes in the DL...pretty worrisome if you aren't able to make changes with all this talent on the DL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was frustrating...again, I blame Woods or the DL coach. TB was able to contain Mahomes and not let him roam through gaping holes in the DL...pretty worrisome if you aren't able to make changes with all this talent on the DL
I mean, he was the coach in first half when they were holding them down? Also were gifted a 15 yard field and 50 yard field for a couple scores? Got a big stop when needed, too. While TB had success most did not against KC.

Not sure why fans so often feel the need to blame someone when their team loses. And the DC against arguably the best offensive team in the league at their place?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made way more good plays than bad. I really didn't expect him to have the game he did. I'm sure the team's disappointed they left K.C. with a loss. If they can give the Chiefs a good game no reason why they can't hang with any team in the conference.
Saw an article that mentioned the top 8 teams in the AFC per a Vegas ranking (don't recall which) and other than KC, none played better than the Browns (Bmore has yet to play). Though I guess Steelers might have moved into top 8.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he was the coach in first half when they were holding them down? Also were gifted a 15 yard field and 50 yard field for a couple scores? Got a big stop when needed, too. While TB had success most did not against KC.

Not sure why fans so often feel the need to blame someone when their team loses. And the DC against arguably the best offensive team in the league at their place?
I never put sole responsiblity on Woods for this loss but all I said is it is worrisome. But the gameplan can only work for so long and now KC has seen it twice. Even in the first half they were going 70 yards but kicking FG's on two possessions. Hill and Kelce were sitting in holes all game. I get you can't play man to man vs this team too often but it was the same gameplan for 4 quarters...I'm not saying the loss goes to Woods but it is worrisome for the future. Again first game with a new defense, the point is this defense has a ton of potential I just hope the DC isn't holding them back. Coordinators are so important, look at what Stefanski has done to this offense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article that mentioned the top 8 teams in the AFC per a Vegas ranking (don't recall which) and other than KC, none played better than the Browns (Bmore has yet to play). Though I guess Steelers might have moved into top 8.

Steelers have to move into the top 8. That win at Buffalo was impressive. Both will be in the playoff mix as long as they don't get crushed by the injury bug.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never put sole responsiblity on Woods for this loss but all I said is it is worrisome. But the gameplan can only work for so long and now KC has seen it twice. Even in the first half they were going 70 yards but kicking FG's on two possessions. Hill and Kelce were sitting in holes all game. I get you can't play man to man vs this team too often but it was the same gameplan for 4 quarters...I'm not saying the loss goes to Woods but it is worrisome for the future. Again first game with a new defense, the point is this defense has a ton of potential I just hope the DC isn't holding them back. Coordinators are so important, look at what Stefanski has done to this offense.
I mean, sure, coordinators matter a lot and if we played like that against a team that was not arguably the best offense in the NFL I'd be more concerned. Kelce, Mahomes and Hill (and Reid) are really good at what they do.

You might not have done this but many fans after every loss just blame the person they hate the most - warranted or not. I mean, I'm sure you've seen a number pin it on Baker, who completed 75% of his passes for 11+ yards/pass. Notice few, if anyone, will pin it on Chubb (as I don't know anyone who does not like him) while his fumble might have been a gamechanger. Huge momentum swing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for the first time he is not surrounded by extreme talent relative to the competition that makes him look better than he is.

For the most part I agree with you. But he had success at Bowling Green and Utah. He wasn't getting the top talent at his first two stops. Decided to look up some info, kinda bored right now.

Meyer at BG, two years. Won 8 then 9 games. Before he was there BG had six straight losing seasons. His two years at Utah. Won 10 then went undefeated. '03 was the first undefeated season for the Utes. They were a mid-major (MWC) at the time.

But as we all know the NFL is a totally different game. He's gonna struggle this season and lose like he never has before. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it. Was never really an Urban Meyer. I'm an Ohio State fan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers have to move into the top 8. That win at Buffalo was impressive. Both will be in the playoff mix as long as they don't get crushed by the injury bug.
that one surprised me, too. fully expected the Bills to take that one yesterday...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part I agree with you. But he had success at Bowling Green and Utah. He wasn't getting the top talent at his first two stops. Decided to look up some info, kinda bored right now.

Meyer at BG, two years. Won 8 then 9 games. Before he was there BG had six straight losing seasons. His two years at Utah. Won 10 then went undefeated. '03 was the first undefeated season for the Utes. They were a mid-major (MWC) at the time.

But as we all know the NFL is a totally different game. He's gonna struggle this season and lose like he never has before. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it. Was never really an Urban Meyer. I'm an Ohio State fan.
I think he might have been talking about TL.