• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowturd's such a dumbfuck. I'm no math major but I'm pretty sure if a QB throw the ball 28 times and completes 21 of them that's a 75 completion percentage.

Next he'll say N. Chubb is way overrated because he doesn't average 6.0 ypc for his career.
He likes Chubb so he might blame Baker for his fumble.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,606.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes Chubb so he might blame Baker for his fumble.
Mayfield played a decent game, but the truth is when it was on the line he didn’t come through. He will keep getting better I think, but I don’t think he will ever be elite.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well….

That is the difference between a game manager and an elite QB.

The elite QBs can still do it when the defense knows they are going to throw.

Well damn man if you're only gonna compare Mayfield to elite QB's you're setting him up to fail. In no universe is he elite. But he's not garbage either. I'd put him around the middle of the pack. He has the ability and the tools around him to build on what he did last season. If he doesn't improve it's on him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowturd's such a dumbfuck. I'm no math major but I'm pretty sure if a QB throw the ball 28 times and completes 21 of them that's a 75 completion percentage.

Next he'll say N. Chubb is way overrated because he doesn't average 6.0 ypc for his career.
six yards? that's it? better draft someone else to tote the rock lol...

looking forward to the next RB y'all draft...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield played a decent game, but the truth is when it was on the line he didn’t come through. He will keep getting better I think, but I don’t think he will ever be elite.
The truth is if some others came through maybe it doesn't even get to that point, though. He didn't just play a decent game. 75% completion and 11+ yards/pass. 4-4 TDs in red zone is elite level. Can he get into the top 5? Not sure, but I'm not putting it past him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn man if you're only gonna compare Mayfield to elite QB's you're setting him up to fail. In no universe is he elite. But he's not garbage either. I'd put him around the middle of the pack. He has the ability and the tools around him to build on what he did last season. If he doesn't improve it's on him.
what game manager completes 75% of his passes for 11+ yards per pass? Was also at or near the top on deep balls last year. Game manager?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,606.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is if some others came through maybe it doesn't even get to that point, though. He didn't just play a decent game. 75% completion and 11+ yards/pass. 4-4 TDs in red zone is elite level. Can he get into the top 5? Not sure, but I'm not putting it past him.
If he hadn’t turned it over when it mattered most you have a case, but he did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well….

That is the difference between a game manager and an elite QB.

The elite QBs can still do it when the defense knows they are going to throw.
In many cases so has Baker. But it is harder when a team has to pass as opposed to when they don't.

FYI, calling a guy who was at or near the top in deep ball passing a game manager as some kind of knock is kooky talk...unless you just think any good to great QB is a game manager. I mean, are QBs supposed to not be able to manage a game to be elite?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hadn’t turned it over when it mattered most you have a case, but he did.
entire game matters. I'd say it turned on Chubb's fumble more than anything, but I'd still call him elite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not doing that at all. I even posted earlier that he shouldn’t be compared to those guys. Should not even be a conversation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In many cases so has Baker. But it is harder when a team has to pass as opposed to when they don't.

FYI, calling a guy who was at or near the top in deep ball passing a game manager as some kind of knock is kooky talk...unless you just think any good to great QB is a game manager. I mean, are QBs supposed to not be able to manage a game to be elite?

I am trying to explain to you what he meant by the comment.

And yes, game managers can throw deep too. Most of the shots for a player like that get set up off play action and rarely come from those plays where the defense knows he is throwing.

I have not watched Baker nearly as much as you have, but from what I have seen, he tends to struggle when the run game isn’t clicking, or isn’t available due to situation.

His stats when playing from favorable script does not in any way prove that he is more than a game manager. Baker was in those favorable spots for almost the entire game until the last possession or two.

So maybe he is an elite game manager?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban if he decides to leave the Jags after a bad season?

lol

That was one of the first things someone suggested after it was announced.

Another suggestion, and I agree with it, is that Bohn's first call should be to Matt Rhule to see if he's happy in Carolina and go from there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

,All QB's are game managers to some degree. Being able to "manage" the game is the most basic part of a QB's job. To me, what separates them is what happens when they are forced to go off script. Can they consistently still make the play? Or at least make something positive happen like a Mahomes, Wilson or Rogers?

Or does he consistently struggle when he has to go off script?

From what I've seen of Baker so far, I don't think he's "there" yet. But I think it's possible for him to get there. If nothing else, he doesn't lack for confidence and that's a big part of it, imo.