• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could trade him for Tyrod Taylor?

Nope. Instead of trading him the Browns should sign Touchdown Timmy. Then Mayfield could learn from a real leader like Tebow. I'm almost certain he has some football left in him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG. Some fluky fumbles were very costly, that always hurts but the only way the Browns can beat KC is of Joe Woods, the DC, can make adjustments. He made zero adjustments at halftime. Hill and Kelce were wide open on every play making it easy for Patty. First game with a new defense and I’m not worried but their DC is going to make or break this team, mark my words.
Think your last line says more than anything. Not only 1st game but, what, 8-9 new guys and KC is kind of good. Especially at home. Think to play KC that tough in KC while losing TO battle 2-0 (plus the fumbled snap) shows we should be a legit contender.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 1 game, that's why. And Winston has a history of starting strong the first 3-4 games and then turning into what he is.....a turnover machine.
so he should even be happy about the only game his team has played being a beatdown against a tough opponent? should he be unhappy?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he has to do is be a game manager and not make mistakes and they will be a playoff team and win that division easily. It helps a lot playing with a lead the entire game. We have to see when he faces adversity and needs to throw. The Saints defense is still legit and a top 5 defense, they will be fine if Jameis plays average. Just one game though, they dominated them yesterday.
easily win the division with TB in it?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m far from being Mayfields biggest fan but this means nothing. It’s one game and they have a very potent running game. Had he missed guys wide open in the end zone or something I could see your point. It’s not like the guy hasn’t thrown td passes right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Chubb fumble was a huge momentum changer for reasons given.

One of the bigger surprises for me was even getting the ball back at end. I was actually thinking maybe should have gone for the 4th and 5-6 from around our own 30 or so.
The Chubb fumble was the big turning point. They could not stop CLE on the ground, the defense was tired, they were in KC's territory ripping off 10 yard plays with ease. With a TD on that drive they go up 12 again. The punt on the fumble definitely hurts as well bc it energized the crowd, the offense and gave the defense confidence....other backbraker was that blown coverage on the 75 yard pass play, that just can't happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt being coached by adults as opposed to Freddie makes a huge difference in Baker.

Funny how that seems to work. Put an adult in the room and folks tend act/get better. Who knew? lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he thinks TDs are more if you throw it in as opposed to run it in? I mean, they scored every time in RZ. were they supposed to eschew the run that was working for Baker's critics?

Yeah i don't get hung up on td passes. Usually if you're inside the 5 or so then a running td is more likely. Browns had 1 td that was longer than 5 yds

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TB wins that division but who did they add to make them better?

I think it has to do with who they didn't lose...which was everybody.

Can't remember the last Super Bowl champ (or maybe any sport) that lost so few players and/or coaches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m far from being Mayfields biggest fan but this means nothing. It’s one game and they have a very potent running game. Had he missed guys wide open in the end zone or something I could see your point. It’s not like the guy hasn’t thrown td passes right?
He could have easily had one TD where Swartz stopped on his route even though he beat his man on a fly....when pass it inside the 5 when the OL was dominating them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but he didn't throw a TD. Bench him! :heh:
I get where you’re coming from because despite this, the Browns finished red zone drives with 7 yesterday. At the same time, the commentary itself isn’t useless. It’s hard to score TDs through the run game in the NFL on a weekly basis. Often, the best course of action for teams would entail a big play from the 40-20 going to the end zone because defenses are so tough down there. But I agree with the overall spirit of your comments. Mayfield played a fine game yesterday and it’s nit picking to say he didn’t have a TD pass when the team finished drives. It would have been a different story if drives stalled and resulted in FGs instead of TDs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TB wins that division but who did they add to make them better?
It’s guys that are back and healthy now. The primary guy that comes to mind is Vita Vea who missed most of last season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he thinks TDs are more if you throw it in as opposed to run it in? I mean, they scored every time in RZ. were they supposed to eschew the run that was working for Baker's critics?

TD passes, etc. are nice. But at the end of the day, a QB is judged by one stat and one stat only...won/loss record.

Besides, I think it's a fairly safe bet that if the Browns achieve the won/loss record they're expected to, Baker will manage to fit in a TD pass or 2 along the way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i don't get hung up on td passes. Usually if you're inside the 5 or so then a running td is more likely. Browns had 1 td that was longer than 5 yds
It can be hard to run in there (KC struggled) but when you can run it and it works....tough to try and rip the guy for not getting TD passes as long as they are efficient in RZ. well, not tough for a critic, I guess.