• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he has to do is be a game manager and not make mistakes and they will be a playoff team and win that division easily. It helps a lot playing with a lead the entire game. We have to see when he faces adversity and needs to throw. The Saints defense is still legit and a top 5 defense, they will be fine if Jameis plays average. Just one game though, they dominated them yesterday.

One of the best olines in football. 32 called runs (so not including Jameis runs) and 20 passes. Great game plan

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he has to do is be a game manager and not make mistakes and they will be a playoff team and win that division easily. It helps a lot playing with a lead the entire game. We have to see when he faces adversity and needs to throw. The Saints defense is still legit and a top 5 defense, they will be fine if Jameis plays average. Just one game though, they dominated them yesterday.
Easily?

The Bucs play in the NFC South....LOL

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Tampa’s division?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily?

The Bucs play in the NFC South....LOL

Going to be a battle to the very end. Saints defense gave Brady hell in all 3 games last year. Cook fumble and Brees ints is the only reason they won that playoffs game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints schedule is very favorable to start the year and the saints were run heavy as i expected. This defense is great so there shouldn't be many games where they need Winston to throw 35+ times

Yeah, I don't think there's ever been a question over Winston's ability to throw the football. Dude has one of the most talented arms in the entire league.

The question has always been his ability to know when not to throw it, that has always gotten him into trouble.

If the Saints can limit his attempts and/or teach him to make better choices/reads, I think he can be really good. It's going to be interesting to see how he develops as the season goes on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many mistakes in the 2nd half. Baker's critics will have a field day but not worried at all about him. He was exceptional. But need to finish off that last drive.

Two second half plays messed everything up. Chubb's fumble around the 50. And the punter bobbling the snap around the 20. If I remember both TO's resulted in TD's for the Chiefs.

But the Browns played the Chiefs better than I expected. K.C.'s a helluva team and tough to beat in their backyard.

@ChiefsLakers67

Congrats.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bucs are better this year.

When's the last time a defending S.B. champ returned all 22 starters? I just hoping anyone other than the Bucs win it all this year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two second half plays messed everything up. Chubb's fumble around the 50. And the punter bobbling the snap around the 20. If I remember both TO's resulted in TD's for the Chiefs.

But the Browns played the Chiefs better than I expected. K.C.'s a helluva team and tough to beat in their backyard.

@ChiefsLakers67

Congrats.
agreed on the mistakes. that's always what it comes down to when two good teams play a tight game. as much crap as i give Cheesecake Baker the guy looked very impressive most of the game. the pick really wasn't his fault. like i said earlier i have no doubt these teams will see each other again in the playoffs if both stay healthy. looking forward to it...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on the mistakes. that's always what it comes down to when two good teams play a tight game. as much crap as i give Cheesecake Baker the guy looked very impressive most of the game. the pick really wasn't his fault. like i said earlier i have no doubt these teams will see each other again in the playoffs if both stay healthy. looking forward to it...

I don't think Mayfield's the same dumbbell he was his rookie year. Maybe Stepanski sat him down and had a good conversation about leadership and what's expected outta him?

It's gonna interesting when Kelce goes into the HOF. From Cleveland (his home), to Cincinnati (where he played in college) to K.C. to Canton. I hope he retires a Chief.

You know me, I never place high expectations on my team. As long as the injury bug doesn't get them too bad I see no reason they don't make a return trip to the playoffs. The talent's there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker was fine and they almost beat who many believe is the best team in the road.

The trouble comes when people like Wiggy hype him up and try to compare him to truly elite QBs like Mahomes.

People need to Stop doing that and enjoy Baker for who he is. A solid franchise QB who gives you a chance to win every single week.
I'd say that's who he is with a decent chance to be elite.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 TD's.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy to say this…

But I don’t think the dropped punt really hurt that much.

KC offense was really rolling at that point. Have to believe they would have likely scored on a longer field too.

And taken more time off the clock.

Maybe not, but probably.

The Chubb fumble on the other hand was brutal. Cleveland was driving to answer KC. Put Mahomes right back on the field and momentum squarely on KC’s side. Outcome might have been different if you get even a FG out of that one.
No doubt Chubb fumble was a huge momentum changer for reasons given.

One of the bigger surprises for me was even getting the ball back at end. I was actually thinking maybe should have gone for the 4th and 5-6 from around our own 30 or so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
warned a long time ago this particular game'll be over-analyzed. first game of the season and all...

I have no doubt we'll see you guys in the playoffs again if both squads stay healthy...
would have been great to get the win to help with home field later but I agree. some Browns/Cleveland forums I check out the usual overreactions. same old Browns....Baker cannot get it done....etc.

No doubt same fans wrote off season last year after a disaster in week 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw i'd like him to get back was the one before the fumbled snap by punter. Would have been a nice throw but one he was hitting earlier. The pass that didn't quite get to an open Njoku on sideline.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mayfield's the same dumbbell he was his rookie year. Maybe Stepanski sat him down and had a good conversation about leadership and what's expected outta him?

It's gonna interesting when Kelce goes into the HOF. From Cleveland (his home), to Cincinnati (where he played in college) to K.C. to Canton. I hope he retires a Chief.

You know me, I never place high expectations on my team. As long as the injury bug doesn't get them too bad I see no reason they don't make a return trip to the playoffs. The talent's there.
No doubt being coached by adults as opposed to Freddie makes a huge difference in Baker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point?
Maybe he thinks TDs are more if you throw it in as opposed to run it in? I mean, they scored every time in RZ. were they supposed to eschew the run that was working for Baker's critics?