• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Cuse/Pitt and the Panthers have a 24 year old player. This extended eligibility stuff is ridiculous.
The extra Covid years should about be played out

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Day doesn’t look in the portal, he is simply blind or an idiot. The guy couldn’t complete a forward pass tonight, true freshman. Unless Air Noland starts as a true freshman and that would surprise me
I'm guessing he's looked and is looking. Just because we don't hear rumors doesn't mean something isn't happening (same as hearing rumors wont mean it happens).

I'd like to see some OLman added more though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Browns' coach ruined Baker as this season is pretty much identical to his 2020 season here.

But agree williams not doing anything wrong.

Not anything wrong, but the over-concern for injury is likely unnecessary. With the rumors that he wanted to dodge certain teams, this doesn't help the character concerns at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that it's not ok for players to have choices and use whatever leverage they can to put themselves in the best possible position to succeed?

What would Caleb Williams or Marvin Harrison Jr. have gained from playing?

Both are already projected to be among the first 3 picks in the draft, so it wouldn't have helped their draft status. Playing in a meaningless game could only serve to either hurt their draft prospects (especially if they were to get injured) or have no effect. If they get injured, then either the NFL or their college team is getting a damaged product.

Meanwhile, Miller Moss was able to use the opportunity to put himself in the #1 spot for next seasons QB competition.

Interestingly, you are the only person who seems to have an issue with it.
so true.....hell, i loved it a few years ago when Olave and Wilson opted out and we saw more JSN, Harrison and Egbuke in the bowl game.

wish we had better QB to see more of what our replacement WRs will be able to do next season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really. Each is 4-1 this year and I'd say Watson has the best win (at Bmore...in which he played a perfect half on a high ankle sprain and with a broken shoulder).

But love that Flacco may have rescued this team for THIS season. Hard to believe MN or the Jets didn't want him.
What prompted this was I heard a discussion about it in the radio. They said the numbers showed Flacco played much better than Watson. They then went on to say there are going to be teams lined up to pay Flacco 10-12 mil next year to start for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What prompted this was I heard a discussion about it in the radio. They said the numbers showed Flacco played much better than Watson. They then went on to say there are going to be teams lined up to pay Flacco 10-12 mil next year to start for them.
I hear ya and there are many Browns fans who never liked Watson who cannot credit Flacco without throwing shade at Watson (not saying you are doing that).......Flacco might have more yards and TD passes but it's debatable who has been better. If you told me we could go back, Watson never gets hurt and Flacco never comes I'd say great.

I do agree IF he wants to play next year someone will sign Flacco to that type of deal. Could also see him go home and wait for the right opportunity.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya and there are many Browns fans who never liked Watson who cannot credit Flacco without throwing shade at Watson (not saying you are doing that).......Flacco might have more yards and TD passes but it's debatable who has been better. If you told me we could go back, Watson never gets hurt and Flacco never comes I'd say great.

I do agree IF he wants to play next year someone will sign Flacco to that type of deal. Could also see him go home and wait for the right opportunity.
I think he’s got to parlay this into another year or two. Teams like the Vikings, Patriots, Raiders all would probably give him 2 year deals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s got to parlay this into another year or two. Teams like the Vikings, Patriots, Raiders all would probably give him 2 year deals.
honestly, hard to believe the Jets and MN didn't bring him in before we did. don't know Cousin situation but if he will play doubt Flacco would go to be a backup.

why I don't think we can keep him.....because he'd be backing up Watson. Unless he just fell in love with the team and is willing to do that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really liked that Watson showed that emotion at Flaccos success. very encouraging.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, hard to believe the Jets and MN didn't bring him in before we did. don't know Cousin situation but if he will play doubt Flacco would go to be a backup.

why I don't think we can keep him.....because he'd be backing up Watson. Unless he just fell in love with the team and is willing to do that.
The Vikings should have brought him in for sure. Cousins is going to move on somewhere else I think.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think after his success this year someone would give him a shot to start ahead of a rookie even if temporary.
Or he just waits it out again next year for another inevitable injury (probably the wiser move really).

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think after his success this year someone would give him a shot to start ahead of a rookie even if temporary.
Or he just waits it out again next year for another inevitable injury (probably the wiser move really).
I don’t think he’s getting paid much more than the veteran minimum doing it that way though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Lloyd at TheAthletic had a good article saying with the cap situation, Watson, trying to develop DTR- and most importantly- it might split the locker room if Watson starts slow coming back from the injury- its highly unlikely Flacco is back.

Now- if Flacco gets to the Super Bowl or something? Who knows. Watson had a pretty serious injury and has had health issues and Flacco was terrible with the Broncos and Jets--- him and Stefanski definitely havea connection.

I will enjoy this while it lasts- but highly doubt Flacco is back next year. I have to say- Flacco's performance against the Jets defense was the most impressive so far- especially without Cooper---- than Moore goes down.

but as I said a couple days ago--- tell me a better win for any NFL team this year than the Browns and Watson coming back and beating Baltimore IN Baltimore while Watson goes 14/14 with a broken shoulder and busted ankle? There isnt one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Lloyd at TheAthletic had a good article saying with the cap situation, Watson, trying to develop DTR- and most importantly- it might split the locker room if Watson starts slow coming back from the injury- its highly unlikely Flacco is back.

Now- if Flacco gets to the Super Bowl or something? Who knows. Watson had a pretty serious injury and has had health issues and Flacco was terrible with the Broncos and Jets--- him and Stefanski definitely havea connection.

I will enjoy this while it lasts- but highly doubt Flacco is back next year. I have to say- Flacco's performance against the Jets defense was the most impressive so far- especially without Cooper---- than Moore goes down.

but as I said a couple days ago--- tell me a better win for any NFL team this year than the Browns and Watson coming back and beating Baltimore IN Baltimore while Watson goes 14/14 with a broken shoulder and busted ankle? There isnt one.
Guessing these players just want to win and locker would not get split.

I like Jason Lloyd but he likes to stir shit up sometimes.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 1 year I can totally see that as a stopgap...