• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've kind of adjusted my approach to that. Used to piss me off when guys would sit out. But now I look at it as an opportunity to see what the young guys who will be playing next year look like.
It’s the Bowl Game evolution cycle! Before the AP and later the UPI would include bowl results in their final poll determining a national champ, the bowl games were just exhibition games to these coaches. It was a vacation and coaches used the extra practice time to evaluate next year’s young talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick 6...fumbles....interceptions....penalty on 4th down to give the other team a first......win by a lot.....ugh.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did for sure. You know what else I did? I came back and posted ownership saying I was wrong and that I sold Lamar Jackson specifically short. I have no problem owning shit when I’m wrong.

Do you have anything to say about the substance of what I actually posted in the response you quoted?
and I nearly fell off my seat when you did because, yes, you do have a problem owning when you are wrong and/or lie.

do I have anything to say? Yes....still think it's incredibly foolish you thought a guy who was hobbled but played should be compared against guys who miss games (and are out for season).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This got awkward. I live in a world where if you make a claim you have to evidence that claim in support of what you’ve said. You attempted to provide support and that support fell woefully short. I asked you to provide the comment you were referring to. That comment fell way short of what you claim it was in terms of support that I was invoking a comparison with Wiggy. In my world, if you fail to successfully present the evidence or support you don’t get to make the claim anymore. Maybe you’re a MAGA/Huckelfuck/Trumpelstiltskin kind of guy though. Making claims without logical evidence is what that world is all about.
If by awkward you mean you got caught in your lie....again? OK...I agree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol did you get bath salts for Christmas?

I made the point that the Eagles have had the best injury luck in the NFL- that their only "significant" injury is a mediocre oft-injured 3rd corner- and you lost your mind.
even tried to say hobbled guys who play should be compared with guys who are lost for the season (many for nearly entire season).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by awkward you mean you got caught in your lie....again? OK...I agree.
You failed to evidence the claim and now you just look foolish for belaboring your failure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again….
1. You’re beneath me
2. You haven’t earned the right to talk football with me.
3. I made zero comment about 99% of what you commented because you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.
4. I used your dismissal of the importance of the slot corner spot in the modern NFL when most defenses play nickel/dime on 2/3 of the snaps in their scheme as evidence for my point of view that you haven’t earned the right to talk football with me.
5. You can’t get past your anger. You have axes to grind and it’s evident in all your takes on this board. You can’t be rational when talking about any of your teams. You have natural Cleveland rivalries and you have board rivalries that dictate your opinion. You’re forever shitting on Twins personnel. You have hatred for the Heat because LeBron left for Miami. Etc… this always clouds your point of view. You don’t know fuck all about football or the Philadelphia Eagles but you’re mad at me so that dictates your opinion. This is womanish shit I would expect from teenage girls beefing in my classroom.
6. What’s funny is @dtgold88 has read you incessantly wanting to draw comparisons, me not engaging with any of your nonsense, and yet him claiming that I’m the guy making comparisons. Dealing with you two makes me feel like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest taking a boat ride with some catatonic retards.
you lied and made incredibly foolish comments....got caught...wont own your lie. Like Geico...it's what you do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to evidence the claim and now you just look foolish for belaboring your failure.
I thought about not looking as wasn't sure when it happened. But I looked, found it, and proved you lied/made the comment. again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you tried to....but got caught. Proved it by finding your comment since as always you wouldn't just own it. still wont, but not surprised.

I'll let you off the hook and give you the last word in this discussion.....make sure to hit the trifecta and lie, cry and deny.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you lied and made incredibly foolish comments....got caught...wont own your lie. Like Geico...it's what you do.
You continue to look like a fool.

1. You were challenged to provide evidence
2. You made an attempt that fell woefully short.
3. You continue to make the claim you shit the bed in providing evidence for.

Sad.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about not looking as wasn't sure when it happened. But I looked, found it, and proved you lied/made the comment. again.
You did no such thing. Now you’re being obstinate about your failure. This is textbook behavior for people on the spectrum.