• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too fucking cold in CO.

Fuck them rocky mountains.

The winters here are nothing compared to what I grew up with in the Lake Erie snow belt of NE Ohio.

What gets me is the up's and down's with the barometric pressure changes here.

I miss the warm and dry weather.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you automatically include a conference champion? Literally every other sport does.

They just get worse seeding.

Of course, there will be some complaints that a "deserving team" was left out. Hell, there are those type of complaints with March Madness every year and that's a 64-team playoff.

But a team that's ranked 13th or 14th, doesn't have near as compelling an argument as FSU.
One reason not to include a conference champ would be we don't see enough games against top teams from each conference playing each other to know how good they really are.

does "literally every other sport" choose a 4 team playoff out of 130 teams? Or even 70ish if you only want to count P5 schools? It's a flawed system but a playoff nonetheless.

a team that was 13th or 14th would have as compelling an argument to be #12 as FSU did to be 4......but that is definitely better to have that to complain about than the 5th team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah with 12 teams it’s impossible to leave a power 5 unbeaten out of the tournament. I don’t like the idea of conference champs getting a top 4 seed and an auto bye. I would like better using the same committee idea that selects to determine the seeding. If a team is one of the best 4 but shares a conference with say they number one overall seed they should still have access to a bye as one of the nation’s four best.
I wouldn't mind that......but do prefer having some set rules unlike the 4 teamer.

No playoff is really perfect. Hell, in the NFL you'll get a division champ at 9-8 or worse playing a home game over a likely better team with a better record.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah with 12 teams it’s impossible to leave a power 5 unbeaten out of the tournament. I don’t like the idea of conference champs getting a top 4 seed and an auto bye. I would like better using the same committee idea that selects to determine the seeding. If a team is one of the best 4 but shares a conference with say they number one overall seed they should still have access to a bye as one of the nation’s four best.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be a committee of some sort to determine seeding. You could have a 9-3 conference champ and not give them a bye, but they they're still in the playoff.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure there will be a committee of some sort to determine seeding. You could have a 9-3 conference champ and not give them a bye, but they they're still in the playoff.
Yep. Winning one of the power conferences guarantees a bid. I’d be ok with best record among a package of small conference champions also gets one of the 12 bids. That’s 5 conference champs and 7 wildcard slots. Then I want the same committee to start a whole new process once they pick the 7 wildcards and maybe have to split hairs on who best small conference champ is. Now step 2 is a completely unencumbered seeding process.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason not to include a conference champ would be we don't see enough games against top teams from each conference playing each other to know how good they really are.

does "literally every other sport" choose a 4 team playoff out of 130 teams? Or even 70ish if you only want to count P5 schools? It's a flawed system but a playoff nonetheless.

a team that was 13th or 14th would have as compelling an argument to be #12 as FSU did to be 4......but that is definitely better to have that to complain about than the 5th team.

Yeah, not seeing enough games isn't a reason to exclude a conference champ. If they are a P5 conference champ you at least know that they played a P5 conference schedule and won the conference. It's not like Boise beating a P5 team OOC, winning a mid-major and claiming they should be in the playoff.

Nah, on the 13th or 14th team. It's not like those teams would be considered legit NC contenders.

There's no "truly fair" way to do college playoffs because of the sheer number of teams. But the 12 team at least gets us a good bit closer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 schedule for CFB so far

Miami at Florida
Georgia vs Clemson
Notre Dame at A&M
SC vs LSU in Vegas

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering if Caleb Williams is gonna use his his last year of eligibility to stay at SC. Ain't heard nothing yet...

He's not playing in the bowl game, so I'm betting no.

Having said that, his Dad did say that if he doesn't like where he's likely to go, he'll stay.

Either way, a good "dress rehearsal" for Miller Moss.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13

In the offseason approach Buffalo about a trade....Cooper and some picks for Diggs
I don’t why either would do this.

Cleveland has few picks as it is and trying to shed salary. Diggs has a longer contract.

Buffalo gets a downgrade at only $4M less while in win-now mode.

Is this a rumor?