• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Winning one of the power conferences guarantees a bid. I’d be ok with best record among a package of small conference champions also gets one of the 12 bids. That’s 5 conference champs and 7 wildcard slots. Then I want the same committee to start a whole new process once they pick the 7 wildcards and maybe have to split hairs on who best small conference champ is. Now step 2 is a completely unencumbered seeding process.
Thought they also guaranteed a spot to top non power 5 (or 4) team as long as ranked in the top 12 (not sure if their own rank or maybe AP?).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not seeing enough games isn't a reason to exclude a conference champ. If they are a P5 conference champ you at least know that they played a P5 conference schedule and won the conference. It's not like Boise beating a P5 team OOC, winning a mid-major and claiming they should be in the playoff.

Nah, on the 13th or 14th team. It's not like those teams would be considered legit NC contenders.

There's no "truly fair" way to do college playoffs because of the sheer number of teams. But the 12 team at least gets us a good bit closer.
The reason to exclude was they chose a 4 team playoff as their format for whatever the reasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not playing in the bowl game, so I'm betting no.

Having said that, his Dad did say that if he doesn't like where he's likely to go, he'll stay.

Either way, a good "dress rehearsal" for Miller Moss.
Latter is how I'd look at it. I remember when Olave and Wilson sat out a bowl a few years ago and while not QBs we got our first good look at Marvin Harrison.

IF going pro for sure I hope they all sit out the Cotton Bowl this time around....hell, kind of hope they do anyone to see some others since a meaningless game for the most part.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t why either would do this.

Cleveland has few picks as it is and trying to shed salary. Diggs has a longer contract.

Buffalo gets a downgrade at only $4M less while in win-now mode.

Is this a rumor?
Is it that much of a downgrade? sure it is one, but Cooper is a solid #1 guy and not the headache Diggs seems to be.

Not sure either team would do it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and get laughed out of the building. Those would have to be some strong picks.
how strong? They traded 1st, 5th and 6th to get him in Buffalo when he was 3-4 years younger.....and maybe less of a headache and cheaper.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how strong? They traded 1st, 5th and 6th to get him in Buffalo when he was 3-4 years younger.....and maybe less of a headache and cheaper.

I'm not going to argue Diggs value vs Cooper with a Browns fan. It's a headache I don't need today.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it that much of a downgrade? sure it is one, but Cooper is a solid #1 guy and not the headache Diggs seems to be.

Yeah he is a solid #1 but we are talking Coop vs Diggs. Well if we are going by the last 6 years Diggs is the better WR.

Browns need to shed salary. I think they bring back Coop and maybe even restructure but we will see

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue Diggs value vs Cooper with a Browns fan. It's a headache I don't need today.
good idea now that you know what Diggs was dealt for (along with a 7th rounder) when he was younger and cheaper.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is a solid #1 but we are talking Coop vs Diggs. Well if we are going by the last 6 years Diggs is the better WR.

Browns need to shed salary. I think they bring back Coop and maybe even restructure but we will see
Not saying Diggs is not more talented as he clearly is. Though even with a more stable QB situation and weaker division his team sure doesn't show it.

I can agree this is not a deal either team could or would make.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good idea now that you know what Diggs was dealt for (along with a 7th rounder) when he was younger and cheaper.

I'm well aware. The Bills are heavily invested in Diggs. If they were to move him they would need more cap relief, as they are scheduled to be over $40M over the cap. Even if you think they're comparable in talent, they aren't stylistically.

Cooper was traded for a 5th and a swap of 6th rounders as a comparison.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware. The Bills are heavily invested in Diggs. If they were to move him they would need more cap relief, as they are scheduled to be over $40M over the cap. Even if you think they're comparable in talent, they aren't stylistically.

Cooper was traded for a 5th and a swap of 6th rounders as a comparison.
also well aware and why I think neither team makes this deal.....and do agree just based on talent Diggs is better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk but you just said exactly why I said essentially.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t why either would do this.

Cleveland has few picks as it is and trying to shed salary. Diggs has a longer contract.

Buffalo gets a downgrade at only $4M less while in win-now mode.

Is this a rumor?
right- i dont think either team would do this.

Diggs is more talented- but Cooper seems to be a better leader and less of a complainer- Cooper also would probasbly be cheaper (not that he is cheap by any stretch of the imagination).

Diggs is a great talent but he brings some headaches- while Cooper is not the same game breaker but is incredibly steady, and a good club house guy and a good leader. Cooper is a great fit with the Browns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tweet from Jason La Canfora that Flacco signed with the Browns? Nothing?

I have never seen a reporter with a more open anti-Browns agenda. There are plenty of reasons to criticize the Browns over the last couple decades- PLENTY- but some of the crap he throws against the wall is just so ridiculous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never seen a reporter with a more open anti-Browns agenda. There are plenty of reasons to criticize the Browns over the last couple decades- PLENTY- but some of the crap he throws against the wall is just so ridiculous.
God damn infuriating! What the fuck!

IMG_3742.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why it's so easy to be a reporter these days. Can pretty much make it up as you go and fans will eat it up if it fits their agenda. No need to own it when they are wrong.

Still not sure Sam amico has done a mea culpa on all his ripping of Altman during the Cavs' rebuild.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why it's so easy to be a reporter these days. Can pretty much make it up as you go and fans will eat it up if it fits their agenda. No need to own it when they are wrong.

Still not sure Sam amico has done a mea culpa on all his ripping of Altman during the Cavs' rebuild.
honestly- if you go back and look at my posts- right when the Mitchell deal happened I was not thrilled because of the cost.

I was happy that the Cavs would be funner to watch and better short term- but long term I was not sure if it was the right move and meshed with our timeline.

I love watching Mitchell- hes a top 20 NBA player and dynamic guy---- but I really am starting to have doubts about the long term fit- and we have not even started paying the 1sst round picks back yet for him.

Altman has made some very good moves- Strus looks like a very astute signing- Allen, etc.....but I have some serious question marks about the biggest one

It seems when Mitchell does not play we move the ball better and use our bigs more- I think the coach needs to do something and i am not sure he has the gravitas to pull it off.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he was looking to keep Flacco clear of the Browns QB curse by keeping it quiet?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly- if you go back and look at my posts- right when the Mitchell deal happened I was not thrilled because of the cost.

I was happy that the Cavs would be funner to watch and better short term- but long term I was not sure if it was the right move and meshed with our timeline.

I love watching Mitchell- hes a top 20 NBA player and dynamic guy---- but I really am starting to have doubts about the long term fit- and we have not even started paying the 1sst round picks back yet for him.

Altman has made some very good moves- Strus looks like a very astute signing- Allen, etc.....but I have some serious question marks about the biggest one

It seems when Mitchell does not play we move the ball better and use our bigs more- I think the coach needs to do something and i am not sure he has the gravitas to pull it off.
That's fair to question the DM move at least until we see how it plays out - will he stay or what do we get when we move him.

But the ripping of him during the rebuild was absurd as Amico and others were doing. Especially with the ping pong balls not falling our way (until the Mobley draft).