• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I can agree what they had was not ideal but IMO it's still a playoff. I just wish they would have made set rules. at least some.

I mean, yeah, it's still a playoff as per the rules in place the time. But the fact that it automatically excluded deserving teams is why it was criticized from the start and why it has been changed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will listen to the dudes who actually fight in it obviously
Yeah, it's just wild that you'd (Shannon) call someone who held two titles in the UFC simultaneously, one-dimensional. And Ronda Rousey who dominated woman's MMA until she ran into Amanda Nunez (Holly Holm was good too, but not at that level). I just can't.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fired and Perma banned from Casa DJ in Henderson, NV.

Dammit man stop mentioning Henderson.

Each time you do it reminds me of how much I miss it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yeah, it's still a playoff as per the rules in place the time. But the fact that it automatically excluded deserving teams is why it was criticized from the start and why it has been changed.
Not sure one can say a conference winner automatically deserving if that is what you mean. But, sure, because so many teams and only 4 make it I'm sure many years teams missed out who maybe should have been given a shot (like FSU this year, for instance).

But there will be "deserving" teams left out in the 12 teamer......though I for one cannot wait to see it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure one can say a conference winner automatically deserving if that is what you mean. But, sure, because so many teams and only 4 make it I'm sure many years teams missed out who maybe should have been given a shot (like FSU this year, for instance).

But there will be "deserving" teams left out in the 12 teamer......though I for one cannot wait to see it.

Why wouldn't you automatically include a conference champion? Literally every other sport does.

They just get worse seeding.

Of course, there will be some complaints that a "deserving team" was left out. Hell, there are those type of complaints with March Madness every year and that's a 64-team playoff.

But a team that's ranked 13th or 14th, doesn't have near as compelling an argument as FSU.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you automatically include a conference champion? Literally every other sport does.

They just get worse seeding.

Of course, there will be some complaints that a "deserving team" was left out. Hell, there are those type of complaints with March Madness every year and that's a 64-team playoff.

But a team that's ranked 13th or 14th, doesn't have near as compelling an argument as FSU.
Yeah with 12 teams it’s impossible to leave a power 5 unbeaten out of the tournament. I don’t like the idea of conference champs getting a top 4 seed and an auto bye. I would like better using the same committee idea that selects to determine the seeding. If a team is one of the best 4 but shares a conference with say they number one overall seed they should still have access to a bye as one of the nation’s four best.