• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect

You're offense was held to 11 points in the second half and the Chiefs defense did get the stops when it absolutely needed to. Hmm, did I miss anything...?

The Chiefs walked away with the Lombardi. I'd say it's you who needs to make that determination with the guy you see in the mirror. Maybe he'll open your eyes...

Good luck...
Fair enough. Stupid it is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is the defense didn't do shit and you're dead wrong. Tell me again which one of us is sad...

I think each teams defense had a solid half and each had a poor half.

Part of the reason the Eagles had such a big lead in time of possession in the 1st half was because when the Chiefs had the ball, they were forced to punt.

In the 2nd half, the Chiefs defense played well enough that their offense was able to get going enough to overcome that 10 point halftime deficit and win the game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think each teams defense had a solid half and each had a poor half.

Part of the reason the Eagles had such a big lead in time of possession in the 1st half was because when the Chiefs had the ball, they were forced to punt.

In the 2nd half, the Chiefs defense played well enough that their offense was able to get going enough to overcome that 10 point halftime deficit and win the game.
Completely agree...

See? I can be reasonable...:D

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the second half the Chiefs had

0 penalties
0 sacks
0 turnovers
0 punts

Beat that

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I am reading all that.

It was a hold.

Bullshit excuse. I would expect better from someone like you on the board. I'll send you some reading exercises to up your words read per minute

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gotta be you. You’re so convinced the defense did something and yet you can’t successfully argue the point. You’re either wrong or you’re stupid. I’ll let you pick.

Sorry man, I have to agree with @Black Adam

I thought the Chiefs defense played pretty well for the most part. Especially in the 2nd half.

They were consistently able to force the Eagles into 3rd and long and 4th down (even in the first half when they couldn’t get a stop).

Philly just made a lot of plays in those situations. Some of those conversions were tightly contested catches perfectly executed by the Eagles against good coverage.

Chiefs defense did fine, eagles offense was just better.

Kind of like when an NBA player makes a heavily contested jump shot. Sometimes the defense does its job and the offense still scores.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, I have to agree with @Black Adam

I thought the Chiefs defense played pretty well for the most part. Especially in the 2nd half.

They were consistently able to force the Eagles into 3rd and long and 4th down (even in the first half when they couldn’t get a stop).

Philly just made a lot of plays in those situations. Some of those conversions were tightly contested catches perfectly executed by the Eagles against good coverage.

Chiefs defense did fine, eagles offense was just better.

Kind of like when an NBA player makes a heavily contested jump shot. Sometimes the defense does its job and the offense still scores.
Jalen Hurts has the highest QBR rating of any QB to have played in a Super Bowl. Andy Reid’s offense and Patrick Mahomes won despite the Chiefs defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts has the highest QBR rating of any QB to have played in a Super Bowl. Andy Reid’s offense and Patrick Mahomes won despite the Chiefs defense.

They played their part.

Forced the Eagles to make a lot of tough conversions and got stops when they needed to. They were never going to shut down the Eagles attack unless Hurts had a bad game. Hurts played very well.

Chiefs defense played better than the vaunted Eagle defense for sure.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played their part.

Forced the Eagles to make a lot of tough conversions and got stops when they needed to. They were never going to shut down the Eagles attack unless Hurts had a bad game. Hurts played very well.

Chiefs defense played better than the vaunted Eagle defense for sure.
And the Eagles defense was horrid. That’s not saying much. They played their part = taking a gift back for a TD, one 2nd half 3 and out. Eagles mistakes were more instrumental than anything the Chiefs defense did. Nobody here would be praising the Chiefs defense if a ticky tack hold doesn’t get called and Hurts has the ball with 1:40 left and one time out to force OT or win the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the crying ever end?
That depends. Is the gaslighting going to continue? Are we still gonna continue to sell that 35 points and the highest QBR in the history of the Super Bowl is anything more than a subpar defensive effort? Because I’ve still got a lot of energy for beating down that clown show opinion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t make a play all day. The Eagles best overall unit was the DL all year and today they got outplayed. On a smaller level, the Eagles OL didn’t dominate the way it should have. Hurts was great but you can’t give a great team a turnover in a big game. Eagles 3Q lulls have been a problem all season. Here’s my culprits:
1. DL - have to get more oressure
2. Coaching - I need more challenge on KC receivers and an adjustment to pressures to generate pass rush when 4 isn’t winning.
3. Eagles OL - poorly timed penalties and too many drives settling for FGs. Seamalu penalty comes right before Hurts turnover. That’s a back breaker. Hurts is still responsible for ball security. That’s on him but if Seamalu doesn’t jump it doesn’t matter.

But all respect to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. I’m getting after the DL but Andy Reid and staff get those protections lined up. 0 sacks. There was a big experience advantage on the coaching staffs. Head coach and coordinators too. That was revealed in the 2H.
@bksballer89 is this crying? I started running my mouth when the conversation turned to:
1. Defense of officials abandoning the standard they set earlier in the contest to ensure the Eagles didn’t see the ball again.
2. Fucking clowns trying to hype and credit a Chiefs defense that the Chiefs won despite of not because of.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually made another big one, but your meddling refs reversed another defensive TD.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. But hey, I guess I'd be a little miffed if my "superior" offense was the least bit slowed down by a defense that had a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players on it...

Just sayin'...