• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We are confident in both guys," Berry said. "You never know with significant injuries how that ultimately unfolds. But the one thing I can tell you about Grant and Greedy, the way that those two have attacked their approach to rehab, staying engaged with the team and really they've prepared every week as if they were going to play, even though it became obvious that they weren't.

"I'm very optimistic, very bullish on their physical recovery and then ultimately when they do get back being able to play at a high level for us."

"Those two individuals deserve a ton of credit because that's not easy to go through when in Grant's case you're a rookie, in Greedy's case you're in your second year, it can be discouraging when all you want is quick progress and that's not necessarily happening," Berry said. "But I think both those guys have done a phenomenal job with their rehab, and certainly we look forward to having them in 2021.”

That's it for me whether you can buy this or not. Go Browns

I will simply restate what I've said three times now

Show me

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are focusing on a small, relatively inconsequential part my point to create an argument.

The point is clear. If Houston is truly intending to “not trade Watson no matter what” they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I agree. Regardless of sport (well, mainly basketball and football), if your star player isn't happy and wants to leave. At some point as an organization, it's best to move on. Watson may have just signed his contract, but he definitely has leverage as teams will want him and Watson will get more money down the road; so he can hurt the Texans in the short term by being a distraction.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Regardless of sport (well, mainly basketball and football), if your star player isn't happy and wants to leave. At some point as an organization, it's best to move on. Watson may have just signed his contract, but he definitely has leverage as teams will want him and Watson will get more money down the road; so he can hurt the Texans in the short term by being a distraction.
OK, but if the Texans want to be dicks and play hardball he has zero leverage.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will simply restate what I've said three times now

Show me
OK. Last, last comment. You also said you've seen nothing confirmed by anyone but Greedy. Now you have. Just giving ya what you asked for.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Last, last comment. You also said you've seen nothing confirmed by anyone but Greedy. Now you have. Just giving ya what you asked for.

The only words from Greedy should be about getting back on the field and earning his keep. I'd love to be wrong on him. Doubt I will be. It's not often I dislike a guy from jump and he shows me I was wrong.

Corey Coleman. Justin Gilbert. Weeden. Just the first few off my head.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to hear about it

He needs to show it

@Shanemansj13 agrees with me.ftr
Yeah he doesn’t need to show it freak accident or not. It says he will never be 100% with that nerve damage-85%-90% which does worry me. I mean what if he takes another bit hit to that shoulder...he could be done. It’s why I think CB needs to be a main priority for him, draft & FA.

Delpit is another story, I think he can be the real deal and should be a nice fit in Woods’ scheme

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing that point.

What I have said, albeit not necessarily in the most direct way I should have is that Houston is incredibly stupid to play hardball.

In this scenario, the only way they win by keeping Watson is if he changes course. And that isn’t likely, IMO.
I agree, why would you even consider making him sit “to prove a point”. That is incredibly stupid...stop the drama, this guy is never going to come around and want to play for this organization and if he does you have to worry about him not caring possibly. Trade him now and get max value for the superstar. You can’t risk it especially the decisions this franchise has made over the last couple years, this franchise is a joke and sitting him and making this go on is only hurting their franchise and their future.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he doesn’t need to show it freak accident or not. It says he will never be 100% with that nerve damage-85%-90% which does worry me. I mean what if he takes another bit hit to that shoulder...he could be done. It’s why I think CB needs to be a main priority for him, draft & FA.

Delpit is another story, I think he can be the real deal and should be a nice fit in Woods’ scheme

I'm not saying show the extent of his injury I give zero fucks about that anymore. He just needs to show it on the field or not. I did like the Delpit pick (to be fair also thought greedy was a steal) and look forward to good things from him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, why would you even consider making him sit “to prove a point”. That is incredibly stupid...stop the drama, this guy is never going to come around and want to play for this organization and if he does you have to worry about him not caring possibly. Trade him now and get max value for the superstar. You can’t risk it especially the decisions this franchise has made over the last couple years, this franchise is a joke and sitting him and making this go on is only hurting their franchise and their future.

Agree. At this point, it's time to move on. If for no other reason than to save the rest of the team. How is it going to be for the rest of the roster playing all season long with focus being placed on the feud between the franchise QB and the FO?

Maybe you play hard ball if the issue is the size/length of his next contract...but when a guy has come out and said "I will never wear that uniform again"...nothing good comes from forcing him to stay.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. At this point, it's time to move on. If for no other reason than to save the rest of the team. How is it going to be for the rest of the roster playing all season long with focus being placed on the feud between the franchise QB and the FO.

Maybe you play hard ball if the issue is the size/length of his next contract...but when a guy has come out and said "I will never wear that uniform again"...nothing good comes from forcing him to stay.

They would get a historic haul for the guy as well. Perhaps this is them trying to drive the price up. Hopefully

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would get a historic haul for the guy as well. Perhaps this is them trying to drive the price up. Hopefully

Maybe. There are something like 15 teams in the NFL that need a QB or will in the next season or 2. There are not 15 franchise level QB's available.

So, maybe they figure that, as some of the few franchise or potential franchise QB's get picked up, teams that need a QB will get desperate?

That seems like a risky strategy. If it works, then maybe they get that historic haul you mentioned. But if it doesn't, they could be paying for that mistake for years to come.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying show the extent of his injury I give zero fucks about that anymore. He just needs to show it on the field or not. I did like the Delpit pick (to be fair also thought greedy was a steal) and look forward to good things from him
Agree, he needs to show it on the field production wise. This was a guy projected top 10 halfway through that season. For me, he needs to show he can be productive and stay healthy, hand in hand for me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna talk about your thoughts on his injury again, but a little confused. Said didn't like him from the jump.....also said you thought he was a steal.

No wonder you are "never wrong".

I kid...I kid. sort of.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna talk about your thoughts on his injury again, but a little confused. Said didn't like him from the jump.....also said you thought he was a steal.

No wonder you are "never wrong".

I kid...I kid. sort of.

I'd say year two is pretty early in a guys career no?

I didn't like other two from the day we selected them

I will throw you a bone.. you turned out to be more right on Dorsey than I was. His defense of Kitchens was remarkable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say year two is pretty early in a guys career no?

I didn't like other two from the day we selected them

I will throw you a bone.. you turned out to be more right on Dorsey than I was. His defense of Kitchens was remarkable.
Year 2 is early, but on one hand you said pick was a steal and you also said you hated him from the beginning. Which is it?

As for Dorsey, I still cannot believe someone spent hours in a room listening to Freddie and Stefanski and thought, "yep....Freddie's my guy".

Not even like I think he's terrible (or even bad) at his job. Made some really nice picks and trades (some bad ones, too). Baker pick took some balls as could have gone Darnold as even if you miss, many said he was the guy at 1.

Dorsey's downfall is he cares more about Dorsey, who gets credit, etc. Have no doubt he chose Freddie because he could control him. and he knew if Stefanski was the choice and succeeded it would come out he was the guy Dipodesta wanted. all that said he's probably in the perfect role in Detroit. They can use him for what he knows....but he will never have final say on big decisions.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 2 is early, but on one hand you said pick was a steal and you also said you hated him from the beginning. Which is it?

As for Dorsey, I still cannot believe someone spent hours in a room listening to Freddie and Stefanski and thought, "yep....Freddie's my guy".

Not even like I think he's terrible (or even bad) at his job. Made some really nice picks and trades (some bad ones, too). Baker pick took some balls as could have gone Darnold as even if you miss, many said he was the guy at 1.

Dorsey's downfall is he cares more about Dorsey, who gets credit, etc. Have no doubt he chose Freddie because he could control him. and he knew if Stefanski was the choice and succeeded it would come out he was the guy Dipodesta wanted. all that said he's probably in the perfect role in Detroit. They can use him for what he knows....but he will never have final say on big decisions.

I believe I clearly defined from jump as year 2 in his case.

The others were literally as they were putting on a browns hat for the first time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I clearly defined from jump as year 2 in his case.

The others were literally as they were putting on a browns hat for the first time.
thought you meant from time they took him. so when they took him you loved the pick. Then when he got hurt you hated him.

That's why no way you can be wrong.

Hope ya know I'm just messing with ya. so hope they feel like they can count on him and Delpit so no need to spend big on DBs.....that said, no doubt they cannot count on Greedy.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought you meant from time they took him. so when they took him you loved the pick. Then when he got hurt you hated him.

That's why no way you can be wrong.

Hope ya know I'm just messing with ya. so hope they feel like they can count on him and Delpit so no need to spend big on DBs.....that said, no doubt they cannot count on Greedy.

He didn't exactly blow me away in year one tbh. He had some injuries there also but even on field he was mediocre.

I think they have to look to corner either in draft or FA

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but if the Texans want to be dicks and play hardball he has zero leverage.

Really not that much different from where Harden was at the start of this season. Harden had no leverage signed for multiple years.

If Watson so chooses, he can make life really miserable for his teammates and the organization. I am not saying that he should do that, but if the Texans continue to ignore him, at some point he is almost incentivized to behave badly and force his way out.

That is why Houston can’t afford to let it get there.