• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed TB to come in 2nd in a large playoff pool, so I was good with it.

Did some FD lineups and if CEH could have scored at end might have been part of the big prize. as it stands, was 4 points away from the winners who each won 141K. Only difference in lineup was they had Butker and I had CEH.

My winnings in that lineup? $25. Woohoo.
Don't spend all that in one place...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win for OSU bball, @Wamu @WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh

Fun team to watch and different than most OSU teams of last decade or so. They have 3 point shooters and make their FTs. Also no star so there isn't one guy if he's off it's a loss.

and built to last. Think only Young and Walker are seniors (maybe Towns). With Covid, pretty sure all can come back if they want. Still a handful of games left but never thought a 1 seed was anything other than a pipe dream before the season...even a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another win for OSU bball, @Wamu @WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh

Fun team to watch and different than most OSU teams of last decade or so. They have 3 point shooters and make their FTs. Also no star so there isn't one guy if he's off it's a loss.

and built to last. Think only Young and Walker are seniors (maybe Towns). With Covid, pretty sure all can come back if they want. Still a handful of games left but never thought a 1 seed was anything other than a pipe dream before the season...even a couple weeks ago.

I wasn't expecting them to have a season like this. And obviously nobody else did either. Heard they were picked to finish 7th in conference preseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting them to have a season like this. And obviously nobody else did either. Heard they were picked to finish 7th in conference preseason.

Sounds like USC. Picked to finish 6th in conference. They are currently in 1st place and the only PAC team currently ranked in the top 25.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not after losing Wesson. Figured maybe a chance to make the tourney with outside chance at 1 win. Isn't to say a lock to go far, but they can hang with anyone.

Holtman one hell of a coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like USC. Picked to finish 6th in conference. They are currently in 1st place and the only PAC team currently ranked in the top 25.

I think it's safe to say USC is now a basketball school. :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not after losing Wesson. Figured maybe a chance to make the tourney with outside chance at 1 win. Isn't to say a lock to go far, but they can hang with anyone.

Holtman one hell of a coach.

When they first hired him I was like- who the fuck is this guy?. But he's proven he knows what he's doing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Johnny Lightning (my new nickname for Manziel) is back!!!! He almost scored a TD on his first play in Fan Controlled Football League (whatever the fuck that is).

Only matter of time before he's back in the NFL. I see Belichick picking him up for next season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

Just ran across this article. Report: Andre Drummond won't play as Cavaliers try to trade him

Sounds like Drummond's being a typical spoiled-bitch overpaid athlete. Article says decsion not to play him is from Drummond himself and his agent and Cavs GM Koby Altman.

I find it hard to believe this was a decision made by the GM. He's under contract and should honor it. What an asshole. I don't like players that quit on teams like that. Reminds me of how AD said he would no longer play for the Pels so they sat him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Shanemansj13

Just ran across this article. Report: Andre Drummond won't play as Cavaliers try to trade him

Sounds like Drummond's being a typical spoiled-bitch overpaid athlete. Article says decsion not to play him is from Drummond himself and his agent and Cavs GM Koby Altman.

I find it hard to believe this was a decision made by the GM. He's under contract and should honor it. What an asshole. I don't like players that quit on teams like that. Reminds me of how AD said he would no longer play for the Pels so they sat him.

I don’t know the specifics here,

But in most cases it is in the best interest of both sides not to play the guy who is about to be traded.

In Davis’ case, it was the teams decision not to play him. He made it clear he would play out his contract and then leave when it was up.

But every game the player suits up, the team risks injury and complete devaluation of their trade asset.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in most cases it is in the best interest of both sides not to play the guy who is about to be traded.

In Davis’ case, it was the teams decision not to play him. He made it clear he would play out his contract and then leave when it was up.

But every game the player suits up, the team risks injury and complete devaluation of their trade asset.

See there ya go being all rational and stuff again. But you're right. And I only mentioned AD in an attempt to rile up any Lakers fans out there that might take the bait. But don't tell anyone I said that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From everything I've seen here that's what happened, as well. Team's choice not to play him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've seen here that's what happened, as well. Team's choice not to play him.

Now that's the way to punish a player. Refuse to play him but pay him anyway. I hope he's learned a lesson in all of this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the way to punish a player. Refuse to play him but pay him anyway. I hope he's learned a lesson in all of this.
Not sure has anything to do with punishing him IF they really are planning to deal him.

Heard Cs are a possibility by using Hayward exception. One reported they'd need to include maybe Smart or a 3rd team to make it work. Cannot imagine for a second they'd deal Smart to get Drummond. He's got talent but would they want him taking shots away from Tatum, Brown and walker?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why they would need to punish him. Sitting him seems wise for both him and the Cavs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure has anything to do with punishing him IF they really are planning to deal him.

Heard Cs are a possibility by using Hayward exception. One reported they'd need to include maybe Smart or a 3rd team to make it work. Cannot imagine for a second they'd deal Smart to get Drummond. He's got talent but would they want him taking shots away from Tatum, Brown and walker?

Oh man.

That would be a really bad trade for Boston.

Smart is a really important piece for them. And I don’t think Cleveland would be a great fit for him either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man.

That would be a really bad trade for Boston.

Smart is a really important piece for them. And I don’t think Cleveland would be a great fit for him either.
Smart not exactly what the Cavs need, but seems like the type of player you'd take and figure it out...but as we both agree. Cs would be dumb to make that deal.

I must be missing something as far as CBA/trade rules. Cs cannot just use Hayward exception to absorb Drummond deal as Drummond deal is just a hair over (maybe 750K or even less). why is Smart the one so often used to make this deal work? would think either they cannot do it as exception can only be for one player and MUST fit or if they can add a player to make it work why not a far less expensive guy than Smart?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart not exactly what the Cavs need, but seems like the type of player you'd take and figure it out...but as we both agree. Cs would be dumb to make that deal.

I must be missing something as far as CBA/trade rules. Cs cannot just use Hayward exception to absorb Drummond deal as Drummond deal is just a hair over (maybe 750K or even less). why is Smart the one so often used to make this deal work? would think either they cannot do it as exception can only be for one player and MUST fit or if they can add a player to make it work why not a far less expensive guy than Smart?

I think you are correct. Cant add a player salary to a trade exception.