• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The company line is that they're to trying to save Wentz, so they went after the OC under Reich (who was the OC for Philly when Wentz was successful). That's a stretch IMO though...
Bienemy needs a job......even if Houston hires him, I think Watson still wants out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY has a ton of picks this draft and next year.

And a lot of cap space. 2nd most, behind the Jags.

Miami can offer Tua and the #3 (originally Houston's pick) if they wanted to get involved.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers straight up gave this one away. It all starts by going for 2 when they shouldn’t have. I know it gets you within 3 but you shouldn’t be planning on kicking a fg at this point anyway and if you don’t make it a fg still beats you. Then of course Rodgers could have ran it in on third down. Then we have a coach that should never coach another down anywhere by kicking a fg at the end. Just stupidity all around.

Yeah, multiple face palm coaching moments in that game. One good move though was taking that encroachment penalty on 2nd and 1, but otherwise some just bad decisions IMO. I hate the way coaches think about 2 pt conversions. Don't attempt them until forced IMO.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, multiple face palm coaching moments in that game. One good move though was taking that encroachment penalty on 2nd and 1, but otherwise some just bad decisions IMO. I hate the way coaches think about 2 pt conversions. Don't attempt them until forced IMO.
I don’t understand why the bucs didn’t decline the penalty, it would have been funny if they kept doing it and it kept being declined.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work. Makes you think....the Browns put up the biggest fight and were blown call away from potentially winning. Looking back the DC Woids actually did a pretty good job containing that offense with an overall below average defense. Baker played great and wasn’t scared. The Bills just looked overmatched the entire game even when they were up...I knew KC woyld win. Not banking on it but CLE-KC could be a matchup we see often. They just neee to improve their defense which I think they will.

Congrats btw...Patty can’t let a 43 year old beat him can he? Lol
...at last partially because Mahomes had to leave the game. Key part to leave out. Bills settled for FGs too often, but the Chiefs were clearly the better team. Bills had no answer for Tyreek and their scheme kept leaving Kelce open. The zone clearly didn't work.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills need a couple more weapons on offense but they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example; the knock against Bienemy is that he doesn't call the plays as OC. However, Eagles hired Indy OC Sirianni, who also didn't call the plays as OC. The only possible other explanation is that he worked under Reich and they hope that link will reinvigorate Wentz (who they should just trade at this point).

Which still isn't proof that it's race based. At this point, if any team is making decisions based on race instead of best for the job, they deserve the losing that will come with those types of decisions.

There are dozens reasons to hire/not hire someone. Most of which have to do with fit, philosophy, etc. and nothing to do with race.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bienemy needs a job......even if Houston hires him, I think Watson still wants out.

Thought he already had one. Isn't he the Chiefs OC? :D

Yeah, they were saying today that Watson likely still wants out, even if they hire Bienemy. Imo, just hire Bienemy and see if he can calm him down. If not, then trade him to someone with a high 1st round draft pick for the pick and a couple of players.

Heck, they could probably get the Jets #2 pick and Darnold. Although, depending on who the Texans hire as coach, Darnold might be better off with the Jets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...at last partially because Mahomes had to leave the game. Key part to leave out. Bills settled for FGs too often, but the Chiefs were clearly the better team. Bills had no answer for Tyreek and their scheme kept leaving Kelce open. The zone clearly didn't work.
Of course but it is what it is, maybe things would have changed but the Browns were in it not playing their best and a blown call for TD.
That’s what the Browns defense was doing...making Chiefs settle for FG’s as difficult as that is. But for any defense you kind of just have to get lucky even with the right personnel. You play man to man and you need cover LB or safety on Kelce and most likely it’s still a mismatch, double Tyreek even then hard to contain then you still have to contain Patty in the pocket and with all the speed they have not counting Tyreek you need everything to your way. Then if you play a zone Hill and Kelce are fantastic at finding holes when Patty buys time.
The fact is the Browns didn’t have anything close to “the game goin their way” other than a quarter of no Mahomes. Settling for FG’s and blown call for TD will hurt you but also not many teams that can do it, if any. KC defense has also taken it to a new level in the playoffs with guys stepping up. Only thing to hope for in the future is KC getting in a cap jam and other teams emerging. Mahomes, Hill and Kelce is about as good as you can get. Mahomes 300 of 326 passing yards were to those two guys.

I think the Bucs have a better shot than most. They have a running game, dynamic weapons and their defense is playing great. They have athletic, fast LB’s fo slow down Kelce. Hill is likely to go off but not much you can do there. I still think KC pulls it out but it will probably be a Browns type of game - higher scoring though imo.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he already had one. Isn't he the Chiefs OC? :D

Yeah, they were saying today that Watson likely still wants out, even if they hire Bienemy. Imo, just hire Bienemy and see if he can calm him down. If not, then trade him to someone with a high 1st round draft pick for the pick and a couple of players.

Heck, they could probably get the Jets #2 pick and Darnold. Although, depending on who the Texans hire as coach, Darnold might be better off with the Jets.
Darnold, a few 1sts and a 2nd rounder. They getting more than Darnold and just 1 1st rounder.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand why the bucs didn’t decline the penalty, it would have been funny if they kept doing it and it kept being declined.

Yeah, bad decision to take that penalty.

2nd and 1 is like the ideal down and distance in 4 minute offense. Better than a 1st down.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken or the egg.

LeBron wasn’t going to sign long term because it took away his leverage over Gilbert. As soon as Gilbert stopped making win now moves, LeBron left.

Pretty simple.

Would he have stayed? Maybe. We don’t know.
lol, so trading for George and Bledsoe wasnt a big enough move to get LEBron to commit?

if that wasnt- nothing was. You are not making any sense at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills need a couple more weapons on offense but they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
they need a running back and they need a defensive line that can stop the run.

I think the Browns could have beaten them up pretty good with the running game.

the Bills are very very good no doubt, but its hard to win 3-4 playoff games in a row when you dont run the ball well and are mediocre stopping the run.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, so trading for George and Bledsoe wasnt a big enough move to get LEBron to commit?

if that wasnt- nothing was. You are not making any sense at all.

No, I am telling the truth.

LeBron made it clear he wasn’t going to commit long term because he didn’t trust Gilbert. He kept up his end.

Once Gilbert refused to acquire PG and Bledsoe and instead opted for future assets, LBJ was gone.

Simple as that for people living in reality.

The fact that LeBron has been willing to sign long term deals in both of the other cities he played should tell you everything you need to know.