• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate NFL refs
Exactly, I mean I know that last call was technically pass interverence but they didn’t call worse than that all day, you can’t call that if you haven’t called it all day. I don’t mind Brady winning I guess but I don’t think he deserved it today.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I mean I know that last call was technically pass interverence but they didn’t call worse than that all day, you can’t call that if you haven’t called it all day. I don’t mind Brady winning I guess but I don’t think he deserved it today.

That's my problem. It was clearly a flag but there were several clear holding/DPI throughout the game that they completely ignored including a crucial one that ended up as a Bucs INT and led to 7 crucial points prior to halftime. The inconsistency of NFL refs on the biggest stages is sickening

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kc chiefs GIF by Kansas City Chiefs

how y'all doin'...? :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Cleveland got a future haul for Kyrie and did very well turning assets like IT into young players.

But, at some point you also have to factor in that the team got much worse in the short term, and the Kyrie trade was the beginning of the end of LeBron James in Cleveland.

Had they been able to return a Paul George or another win-now star, you might have gotten another year or 2.
they had a deal for George and Bledsoe but LEBron refused to sign long term. ffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they had a deal for George and Bledsoe but LEBron refused to sign long term. ffs.

Chicken or the egg.

LeBron wasn’t going to sign long term because it took away his leverage over Gilbert. As soon as Gilbert stopped making win now moves, LeBron left.

Pretty simple.

Would he have stayed? Maybe. We don’t know.

Reactions: DJ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kc chiefs GIF by Kansas City Chiefs

how y'all doin'...? :D
Nice work. Makes you think....the Browns put up the biggest fight and were blown call away from potentially winning. Looking back the DC Woids actually did a pretty good job containing that offense with an overall below average defense. Baker played great and wasn’t scared. The Bills just looked overmatched the entire game even when they were up...I knew KC woyld win. Not banking on it but CLE-KC could be a matchup we see often. They just neee to improve their defense which I think they will.

Congrats btw...Patty can’t let a 43 year old beat him can he? Lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken or the egg.

LeBron wasn’t going to sign long term because it took away his leverage over Gilbert. As soon as Gilbert stopped making win now moves, LeBron left.

Pretty simple.

Would he have stayed? Maybe. We don’t know.

He should have done the deal anyway.

Lebron stays...You get more title runs.

Lebron leaves...You have a couple of pretty nice pieces to try to build around.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work. Makes you think....the Browns put up the biggest fight and were blown call away from potentially winning. Looking back the DC Woids actually did a pretty good job containing that offense with an overall below average defense. Baker played great and wasn’t scared. The Bills just looked overmatched the entire game even when they were up...I knew KC woyld win. Not banking on it but CLE-KC could be a matchup we see often. They just neee to improve their defense which I think they will.

Honestly we have a potential problem with the Fisher injury on our oline, but if we can overcome that I like our chances. Loved the way our D-backs played coverage. Those guys were awesome. As far as Cleveland, Buffalo, and the rest this is gonna be one very interesting off season. Bills imo need a better running game. Cleveland needs upgrades to their defensive backfield. As I said, it'll be interesting...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly we have a potential problem with the Fisher injury on our oline, but if we can overcome that I like our chances. Loved the way our D-backs played coverage. Those guys were awesome. As far as Cleveland, Buffalo, and the rest this is gonna be one very interesting off season. Bills imo need a better running game. Cleveland needs upgrades to their defensive backfield. As I said, it'll be interesting...
Yep a lot of young QB’s in the AFC and Herbert is going to be a tough guy in your division. Just hope Mahomes finally has some competition in the AFC...I don’t want to hate him but he’s giving me no choice lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you guys the Bills didn’t match up well.

You can’t beat KC if you can’t run the ball effectively. They are really good against the pass and pretty bad against the run.

Cleveland has all the ingredients to beat KC. They need to get healthy and keep getting a little better each year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, best player?

Probably the Babe...much better avg and not far off in HR's.

In an era when only whites were allowed to play. Aaron is the RBI and total bases all time leader in addition to his HRs.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have proof that it's race based?

Another example; the knock against Bienemy is that he doesn't call the plays as OC. However, Eagles hired Indy OC Sirianni, who also didn't call the plays as OC. The only possible other explanation is that he worked under Reich and they hope that link will reinvigorate Wentz (who they should just trade at this point).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles overlooking Duce Staley was another slap in the face. That is a man who worked his way up the organization for a decade. Currently the assistant head coach for the past 2 or 3 years.....but at least they went with someone who was in the coordinator role for a few years. It isn't as bad as hiring a position coach or a coach with 1 year of experience as a coordinator

The company line is that they're to trying to save Wentz, so they went after the OC under Reich (who was the OC for Philly when Wentz was successful). That's a stretch IMO though...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Thomas, there’s no Larry Nance Jr. The Cavs acquired Nance from the Los Angeles Lakers along with Jordan Clarkson midway through the 2017-18 season. It cost Thomas, Channing Frye and a first-round pick. Thomas’ salary number allowed the Lakers to dump Clarkson -- a sticking point for them to give up budding Nance.

Now in his third full season with the Cavs -- and sixth overall -- Nance is a key piece of this nucleus. He’s the do-everything forward in the midst of a career year, averaging 11.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.4 steals.

An analytical darling, some of Cleveland’s tracking metrics point to him being one of the team’s most impactful players. Nance, who is under contract through the 2022-23 season, has a developing 3-point shot, hitting 42.9% from beyond the arc this season. He also looks more comfortable as a playmaker, a role he was never granted in Los Angeles. But the other end is where he shines, taking pride in his on-off rating and always peering at plus-minus. Integral to the team’s defensive turnaround, Nance is leading the league in steals and ranks sixth in defensive win shares.

“There isn’t anyone who personifies the type of person we want in this organization more than Larry,” Cavs head coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. “He continues to be the motor that helps this thing keep churning on both ends of the ball.

Those guys had to go to clear cap space for Lebron ultimately anyway.