• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gutless on Durant's part sure, I agree with that. It wasn't gutless for the Warriors, who had to make multiple roster moves on a finals roster to make room for him.
Look in a business view GS can't say no to KD. But they didn't make that many Moves. They still kept their Top 2 Bench players in Iggy and Livingston.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @the bold.

Seriously?!? I can see it now...the story comes out that the Warriors could have added KD but decided not to because they would be too good. I'm sure Warriors fans would be really happy to hear that.
No I know GS can't say No to KD. IM talking about the situation as an NBA fan and looking it from the outside. Its way more gutless on KD especially he was 1 game away from beating GS last year. Gutless on GS for even going after KD but once KD shows interest I understand they had to continue to try and land him. Im just saying this new age of basketball players (most) is weird and strange. Im use to the great players wanting to beat the great ones and take their team to the championship.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for tonight is a close game.

Warriors 114
Cavs 109

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look in a business view GS can't say no to KD. But they didn't make that many Moves. They still kept their Top 2 Bench players in Iggy and Livingston.

You really need to stop. You are just digging the hole deeper form yourself.

It is Bob Myers' job to assemble the best team possible. He was able to sign KD, retain those important role players and actually upgrade the 5 spot with more mobile and versatile bigs.

But, you forget that there were some in here, mostly a couple notable Cavs fans who thought the Warriors would be legitimately worse with Durant. It was a dumb position to take, but some still did.

I think they are much better this year than last, and had they won game 7 last season, they would have gone down as a test team then. Adding KD makes them more great, not less.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying this new age of basketball players (most) is weird and strange. Im use to the great players wanting to beat the great ones and take their team to the championship.

I agree to a point. I liked that guys like Magic, Bird, MJ, etc. weren't looking to join forces.

Having said that, something that has pretty much always happened to some extent is older guys who are past their prime, moving to other teams to try to get a ring before they retire.

The difference that I see is that guys are now choosing to make the same move while they are still in their prime or close to it and can have a major role in their team winning one.

As I said before: I'd much rather be KD going to GSW, or Lebron going to Miami and back to Cleveland while still in my prime to play a major role in winning a title, than to be Shaq in Cleveland hoping Lebron can get me one last ring.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to stop. You are just digging the hole deeper form yourself.

It is Bob Myers' job to assemble the best team possible. He was able to sign KD, retain those important role players and actually upgrade the 5 spot with more mobile and versatile bigs.

But, you forget that there were some in here, mostly a couple notable Cavs fans who thought the Warriors would be legitimately worse with Durant. It was a dumb position to take, but some still did.

I think they are much better this year than last, and had they won game 7 last season, they would have gone down as a test team then. Adding KD makes them more great, not less.
Don't be mad because I pointed out facts. This was an easy argument to win. Its all good man.
Im with you that GM and GS couldn't say no to KD. I understand that. But don't act like they had to split up this team to add KD. They have 4 all stars on their team and 2 very good bench players. Basically they traded KD for Barnes and Bogut (who sucked anyways).

Whoever thought they would be worse with KD doesn't know basketball. Cavs fan aren't the smartest. LOL JK guys .

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in going to church every Sunday unless there's live sports on tv.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. I liked that guys like Magic, Bird, MJ, etc. weren't looking to join forces.

Having said that, something that has pretty much always happened to some extent is older guys who are past their prime, moving to other teams to try to get a ring before they retire.

The difference that I see is that guys are now choosing to make the same move while they are still in their prime or close to it and can have a major role in their team winning one.

As I said before: I'd much rather be KD going to GSW, or Lebron going to Miami and back to Cleveland while still in my prime to try to win a title and be a major part of it, than to be Shaq in Cleveland hoping Lebron can get me one last ring.
Yes I understand past their prime joining a team to chase a ring. Im ok with that. Like for example Im ok with Melo chasing a ring. His prime is past him. He is still good but he isn't Top 10 any more. Yes its a new age and players are chasing a ring early in their careers. I just don't get in players like LBJ and KD. LBJ made it to the finals with Cavs and ran away, made it to 4 straight finals with Maimi and jumped ship. KD was made it to the Finals with OKC, they were 1 game away from beating GS last year. These guys weren't on bad teams or on Teams where the GM didn't want to help make the team better. Players like Melp and CP3 should go and chase a ring now. They put in their dues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, they appeared to weaken their bench when they added KD. It is, imo, a testament to the culture of their team and the research they did on guys that their bench actually has been better than last year.

I mean, who saw Javale McGee actually being an impactful player? Yet here he is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they appeared to weaken their bench when they added KD. It is, imo, a testament to the culture of their team and the research they did on guys that their bench actually has been better than last year.

I mean, who saw Javale McGee actually being an impactful player? Yet here he is.
I always thought McGee had potential. He just seemed to never take that next step.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought McGee had potential. He just seemed to never take that next step.

No doubt he had potential. But, it was definitely getting to the point that he was looking like he was never going to take that next step.

Sometimes a guy just needs to land in the right spot. I think one thing that helps him is that the Warriors have gotten him to buy into a very specific role that he doesn't stray from. It's made the game much simpler for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he had potential. But, it was definitely getting to the point that he was looking like he was never going to take that next step.

Sometimes a guy just needs to land in the right spot. I think one thing that helps him is that the Warriors have gotten him to buy into a very specific role that he doesn't stray from. It's made the game much simpler for him.
I agree with that. U see that in every sport. U see a guy go to the right team and it just clicks. You see that a lot with players that go to the Pats in Football. Pats get the best out of you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope if LBJ loses this series he doesn't cry about getting better players. He helped build that team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need Irving to be the man like last year to have a shot. Love is playing better then last year so the Cavs Big 3 all need to come to play just to have a shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny they are talking about KD move on ESPN on 1st take. GS is in a lose lose situation. They win they are suppose to win and its not impressive and if they lose they choked and Cavs become the great team.

Also mention how GS is doing this with another coach. LOL

Damn did First take read my posts on here. LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny they are talking about KD move on ESPN on 1st take. GS is in a lose lose situation. They win they are suppose to win and its not impressive and if they lose they choked and Cavs become the great team.

Also mention how GS is doing this with another coach. LOL

Damn did First take read my posts on here. LOL

lol @thinking Stephen A. and Skip Bayless agreeing is a good thing and gives you credibility. :pound: