• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know most won't consider this team great and be talked about one of the great ones. Talent yes Great players. Thats why it doesn't matter who the coach is. 3 different coaches in 3 years. Almost the same result.

Wrong.

First off, they have had 1 coach battling health issues and 2 interim. Yet, they have continued to dominate in spite of that.

Also, they have done a lot more than won 1 championship. If they win a ring this year, it will be 2 rings in 3 years, 3 straight Finals appearances and the regular season wins record. They also have a really good shot at the post season record for greatest single season win percentage.

In other words, their resume would be as impressive as any team the league has ever seen. Since the core is young and likely to stay together, I suspect even you won't be able to deny their greatness 2-4 years from now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
winning 1 championship makes you great. LOL

3 straight finals (and counting) makes them great
73 wins makes you great
add a championship (or 2) and counting and yes, this is a great team

Do you see any other team making the finals from the West in the near future?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they win the title going 16-1 in the playoffs, this is not a great team? Sure buddy
no it shows how this league is a Joke. Everyone in the world knew they were going to win. Im about to win money if they win it so I will be happy. I will be really happy if they could do it in game 6.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

First off, they have had 1 coach battling health issues and 2 interim. Yet, they have continued to dominate in spite of that.

Also, they have done a lot more than won 1 championship. If they win a ring this year, it will be 2 rings in 3 years, 3 straight Finals appearances and the regular season wins record. They also have a really good shot at the post season record for greatest single season win percentage.

In other words, their resume would be as impressive as any team the league has ever seen. Since the core is young and likely to stay together, I suspect even you won't be able to deny their greatness 2-4 years from now.
1 + 2 = 3. 3 Coaches. Don't try and give excuses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it shows how this league is a Joke. Everyone in the world knew they were going to win. Im about to win money if they win it so I will be happy. I will be really happy if they could do it in game 6.

So the Warriors who went 67-15 in the regular season and is currently 13-0 in the playoffs are not a great team if they win the title? Yeah this is a pointless conversation to have with you

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they can but I don't think Lebron will allow that to happen
I don't think either. I said 2 at the start of the season and felt a little good going into this series that they would get 2 wins so I can win mega money but after watching game 1 I see maybe 1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how a team put together wins 1 championship being great. They have 4 Allstars. Talent wise yes they are great but as mention as a Great team as Lakers, Celtics, or Bulls is just stupid.

You realize that, so far, they've only had 4 all stars for this one season, right? So, they actually don't have any championships with the 4 all star lineup because this is their first opportunity with KD on the roster.

They were already a great team before they added KD who is arguably the 2nd best player in the world. I get not wanting to call them a great team until they win a title. But to say they will never be a great team or that you won't talk about them as one is pretty ridiculous.

As @tlance said, you don't have to like how they came together. But to make the claims you do? :tsk:

On paper, they are as great as the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls. It's up to them to show with their play that they belong in the conversation.

Considering they have already started the playoffs 13-0 (which had never been done before), they are off to a pretty solid start.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Warriors who went 67-15 in the regular season and is currently 13-0 in the playoffs are not a great team if they win the title? Yeah this is a pointless conversation to have with you
Great team but not Great in terms of the Greatest teams like someone brought up with Lakers, Boston and Bulls.

Not to be a Jerk Miami team was great but they weren't GREAT. No one talks about that team. Reason the way was brought together.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 + 2 = 3. 3 Coaches. Don't try and give excuses.

Excuses?

That is funny. Losing your coach in the playoffs would actually make a pretty valid excuse for any team. Yet, the Warriors continue to dominate.

Because, they are a great team.

Jett's absence doesn't take away from their achievements at all. If anything, it adds to them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 different coaches in 3 years.

Seriously?!? They have had one head coach in Steve Kerr. Because of his health issues, Luke had to take over for the beginning of last year and Mike Brown has had to close out this year. It's not like they've hired and fired 3 different coaches over 3 years.

But it's still the same staff, running the same offense and defense and I'm sure Kerr is in constant communication when it comes to preparation and that he also offers plenty of advice on adjustments from game to game and on what to do in certain situations within the game.

If anything, it speaks to how well this team works together and how well they are coached that there is little to no drop off in their play with Kerr out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great team but not Great in terms of the Greatest teams like someone brought up with Lakers, Boston and Bulls.

Not to be a Jerk Miami team was great but they weren't GREAT. No one talks about that team. Reason the way was brought together.

Well that only comes with time. They have time (main contributors are all still young). Warriors were also put together through the draft mostly (with a trade or free agent here or there), the standard way.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't think Lebron would allow his team to go 1-7 in game 1s either, but that's the stat.

That stat actually doesn't surprise me at all considering his teams only had HCA in 2 NBA finals and he is 1-1 in those games. Not shocking at all that a player whose team played 6 of 8 game 1's in the finals on the road is 1-7. That stat really tells me nothing. Now if LBJ had HCA in 6 of the 8 finals and that was his record in game 1's then it would be concerning.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that only comes with time. They have time (main contributors are all still young). Warriors were also put together through the draft mostly (with a trade or free agent here or there), the standard way.
Yes I think they were on the right track. I respect what they did by building through the draft. But Im talking about this team now with KD. I thought it was gutless on both parties.

U are right they have time and in the end of this they might end up with 5-6 championships because to be Honest NBA is so weak right now I don't see anyone beating them for the next couple of year. 4 Allstars on 1 team has never happen. Only way this team changes is if KD leaves or when the time comes they won't be able to pay 4 max players and they lose 1-2 players.

U are right Time will tell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think they were on the right track. I respect what they did by building through the draft. But Im talking about this team now with KD. I thought it was gutless on both parties.

U are right they have time and in the end of this they might end up with 5-6 championships because to be Honest NBA is so weak right now I don't see anyone beating them for the next couple of year. 4 Allstars on 1 team has never happen. Only way this team changes is if KD leaves or when the time comes they won't be able to pay 4 max players and they lose 1-2 players.

U are right Time will tell.

Gutless on Durant's part sure, I agree with that. It wasn't gutless for the Warriors, who had to make multiple roster moves on a finals roster to make room for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol @the bold.

Seriously?!? I can see it now...the story comes out that the Warriors could have added KD but decided not to because they would be too good. I'm sure Warriors fans would be really happy to hear that.