• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it delivering to the hype that people think it will. People seem to think this series is evenly matched. Its not. Warriors are superior in almost every conceivable way with the addition of Durant.

It would take:

1. Injuries to a key GS player
2. LeRefs taking over and keeping Cleveland in it
3. A key GS player getting suspended.

There are too many weapons on GS to stop them all

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see it delivering to the hype that people think it will. People seem to think this series is evenly matched. Its not. Warriors are superior in almost every conceivable way with the addition of Durant.

It would take:

1. Injuries to a key GS player
2. LeRefs taking over and keeping Cleveland in it
3. A key GS player getting suspended.

There are too many weapons on GS to stop them all

Did you just re-post this from last year's finals?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And MJ will never be Lebron. Lebron is the best team player on the history (Magic is right there) AND he is a dominant scorer. The Cavs right now arent a super team. A super team can win without one of their best players like the W's, when Lebron doesnt play or has a bad game they play like shit. I think you are confused....and if you watched Lebron in his younger days he CARRIED his team for 7 years and into the Finals. MJ never did that, he started winning championships when he got Pippen and Rodman. The fact is you need great players to win.

Rodman wasn't on the team for half his rings bro

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were to take the Cavs in 7, you get +700 odds

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just re-post this from last year's finals?

Warriors are a far better team than last year's team and they wont have injuries or missing Green

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are a far better team than last year's team and they wont have injuries or missing Green

You're basically hoping that Draymond doesn't do Draymond things. That's the number one thing I'm looking at this playoff series

Reactions: TJL

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 will be fun, but I am most looking forward to games 2 and 3 to see adjustments made by each team.

I honestly would not have given the Cavs much chance as of a couple weeks ago, but damn they are looking good. LeBron has taken his game to a whole new level if that is even possible.

Kerr/Brown vs. Lue could play a large role in this series. Lue clearly outcoached Kerr last year. He will need to have a repeat performance and LeBron must severely outplay KD. Anything close to a draw on that front, and GS wins easily.

If Pops or Brad Stevens were coaching the Warriors I would see the Warriors winning, luckily they are not.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you are in the top 5 you arent leaving lmao unless someone passes him and he has already surpassed Kobe. That ship has sailed. He will be top 5 no matter what

^^^This^^^

Right now, I have him sitting at 4 behind MJ, Kareem and Magic. If the Cavs lose... he stays at 4. If the Cavs win, I definitely bump him over Magic at 3 and possibly put him tied with Kareem at #2.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors win if:

1) Warriors continue to defend at an elite level.
2) Warriors battle on the boards and keep it close.
3) Klay Thompson's offensive production is solid.
4) 2 members of the Bench produce offensively.

Basically the Warriors need 3 of the 4 above to win, imo.

Cavs win if:

1) Lebron goes supernova and puts up ridiculous numbers
2) Kyrie goes supernova and puts up ridiculous numbers
3) Cavs defend at an elite level.
4) Cavs dominate the glass.

Cavs would need 3 of the 4 of the above to win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors win if:

1) Warriors continue to defend at an elite level.
2) Warriors battle on the boards and keep it close.
3) Klay Thompson's offensive production is solid.
4) 2 members of the Bench produce offensively.

Basically the Warriors need 3 of the 4 above to win, imo.

Cavs win if:

1) Lebron goes supernova and puts up ridiculous numbers
2) Kyrie goes supernova and puts up ridiculous numbers
3) Cavs defend at an elite level.
4) Cavs dominate the glass.

Cavs would need 3 of the 4 of the above to win.

I think Klay is a huge key. Also, I think GS wants to avoid close games (more difficult said than done). I mean usually when they win it is in blowout fashion but with Kyrie and Lebron you dont want to get in too many close games. I dont see the Cavs blowing them out in any games but you never know, look what SA did when their team was healthy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Klay is a huge key. Also, I think GS wants to avoid close games (more difficult said than done). I mean usually when they win it is in blowout fashion but with Kyrie and Lebron you dont want to get in too many close games. I dont see the Cavs blowing them out in any games but you never know, look what SA did when their team was healthy.

GS will have to win some tight games in this series to pull this out. I think the Memphis game earlier in the season was the best thing to happen to them. KD took the ball out of Curry's hands and tried to iso and missed the shot. The Warriors ended up losing that in overtime. It was also the game that Draymond laid into KD about how that's not the brand of basketball they want to play.

The Warriors have not been great in the late game scenarios, but in the playoffs they have closed out games towards then end where the score was close. It'll be tougher against an elite scoring team like the Cavs to get multiple stops, but its something I'm much more comfortable with this year than last year.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have him over Kobe. In some people eyes he's not. And losing this will make 5 loses in the finals. I don't care if he shoots lights out and have record breaking numbers. All people will see is 5 loses in the finals. This is how some people think. It won't destroy is legacy but, it will hurt it a lil bit. God dammit y'all, what is this first take?
I don't have him above Kobe - for a few reasons. Having a losing record in the Finals AND not even having an equal title count is just a couple.

If the argument is that titles and/or Finals appearances is the tiebreaker - or at least holds weight in determining which player is better - then how can the only player amongst the greatest have a losing record in the Finals & less titles than the rest equate to being #2 on the list behind the GOAT?

I also think Kobe played in a different era for the majority of his career - or at least while he was in his prime - and therefore can't be judged the same. For the sake of individual accolades yes LBJ has the better stats so I will give him credit for that. But in the sense of this being a TEAM sport Kobe has won more with less. He has a 3peat AND a repeat under his belt - all without leaving his original team or stockpiling all stars on one team.

LBJ played in Miami with arguably 2 other all stars, one of which was in his prime (Bosh) - yet only won 2 out of 4 times. With his abilities I'm not sure how that happens when he had the most & best talent (at that time) around him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 6, cavs fans disappear for the summer. Wiggy claims he was sick again.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going out on a limb here.

I have picked Warriors sweep every series, and I won't change. Warriors in 4.

The Cavs are good enough to make this a long competitive series, but the Dubs are also good enough to sweep it. Since nobody else was willing to predict the sweep, I will.

16-0 would solidify GS as the best single season team of all time, IMO.
I will be honest - I didn't pick the Dubs to sweep ANY series until Kawhi got hurt. They have been pretty impressive thus far. I especially like the killer instinct when the opponent is on the ropes. I think that is what they lacked last year & am excited to see them have another chance this year to seal the deal.

I agree with you that I think they're good enough to sweep this series too - and as a GS fan that would be the ultimate in terms of being able to stick it to Cavs fans - well, mainly Wiggy. LOL But, I think the Cavs also can take a game if the Warriors don't put & keep their foot on the neck of that team. Not having Kerr on the bench is the reason I think they could let up & get too relaxed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have him above Kobe - for a few reasons. Having a losing record in the Finals AND not even having an equal title count is just a couple.

If the argument is that titles and/or Finals appearances is the tiebreaker - or at least holds weight in determining which player is better - then how can the only player amongst the greatest have a losing record in the Finals & less titles than the rest equate to being #2 on the list behind the GOAT?

I also think Kobe played in a different era for the majority of his career - or at least while he was in his prime - and therefore can't be judged the same. For the sake of individual accolades yes LBJ has the better stats so I will give him credit for that. But in the sense of this being a TEAM sport Kobe has won more with less. He has a 3peat AND a repeat under his belt - all without leaving his original team or stockpiling all stars on one team.

LBJ played in Miami with arguably 2 other all stars, one of which was in his prime (Bosh) - yet only won 2 out of 4 times. With his abilities I'm not sure how that happens when he had the most & best talent (at that time) around him.

Careful now. The nut huggers are going to use the "lebron has 4 MVPs" argument here.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Kevin Love is playing the best BBall of his career....If he can keep that going with the way Kyrie is going, maybe we get an amazing series

I go out on the limb and say Cleveland in 7 Again
Love will have to deal with Dray and/or KD....and you think he will have a good series doing that?? LOL