• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys expect any blowout game? Warriors could explode anytime which is really unstoppable, more unstoppable than this LeBron we're watching.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs is actually beatable.

Warriors in 6

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD wont crumble. Stop. Shit has changed since the OKC days. Hes got Iggy, Curry, Green, Thompson. These Guys are hardened finals veterans already

KD will get his first 'ship this year. The first of a few anyways. Maybe 3-4

LOL thats better than having Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Much better. Really not even close.

Not because of talent, because of chemistry. The ball moves in Golden State. Westbrook and Harden together is redundant.

Now, I still think that crew would have won a ring or two had they been kept together. But, they would not have been as good as these Warriors.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs in game 1 proved that it was possible which is seemed impossible by many, including me.
LeBron is playing his best version in his entire career right now.
The only thing Kawhi proved is what other teams have already done - punching the Dubs in the mouth is possible. But, the Dubs have proved on many occasions they can take a good punch & fight through it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Much better. Really not even close.

Not because of talent, because of chemistry. The ball moves in Golden State. Westbrook and Harden together is redundant.

Now, I still think that crew would have won a ring or two had they been kept together. But, they would not have been as good as these Warriors.

Its really crazy that people don't take into account chemistry, team dynamic and overall game play. It's like they see video game ratings and just add up the points.

As players you could probably argue

Westbrook = Steph
Harden > Klay
Green > Ibaka

But then again, you look at what they do individually to help the team and it's not close. Klay is a superior defender and a spot up shooter. Harden and Westbrook need the ball in their hands and Steph and Klay can play off of it. But Draymond Green is far better than Ibaka ever was and it's not close.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, how are you measuring this? In the last 10 years, the East has won the title 4 times. Their regular season head to head records is generally right around .500. So how is the East historically terrible?

How many times did MJ beat Larry's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons? Regardless I'm not a fan of trying to compare teams of different eras. The Pistons were an extremely physical team but how would they match up with a Warriors team that at any given time has 3 or 4 guys who are deadly from the arc? How would they account for the raw athleticism of the players today?

It seems to me that there are a lot of people that grew up in the 80-90s and view that as the golden era of basketball. Seems to me that this era is right there with that era. I would agree that the 2000s were a shitty time for basketball.

You put Lebron James on the Knicks or Pacers of the 90s and they win 4 or 5 championships. I have NEVER seen a player with his combination of power and skill.
For me I think the difference is the different rules in today's game. Defensive rules, what constitutes a common foul vs. a flagrant foul. Those things change the momentum of the game. It's hard to think LBJ would've been so effective if defenses were able to clothes line him as he makes his move to the rim -as he often does. Maybe if hand-checking was still legal his "bully ball" isn't as effective. There's no way to say for sure, but the way he cries after every call makes me believe he wouldn't have lasted long. Maybe he would've worked on his jumper & become more of a finess player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 will be fun, but I am most looking forward to games 2 and 3 to see adjustments made by each team.

I honestly would not have given the Cavs much chance as of a couple weeks ago, but damn they are looking good. LeBron has taken his game to a whole new level if that is even possible.

Kerr/Brown vs. Lue could play a large role in this series. Lue clearly outcoached Kerr last year. He will need to have a repeat performance and LeBron must severely outplay KD. Anything close to a draw on that front, and GS wins easily.
Hard to say if they really look good or if it's a product of other teams' terrible defense. We shall find out soon enough though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys expect any blowout game? Warriors could explode anytime which is really unstoppable, more unstoppable than this LeBron we're watching.
Actually yes. I think maybe game 1 & whichever is an elimination game. I think the Dubs want revenge so badly & want to send a message during that series.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, did you watch game 6 of the Houston/SA series? How about Harden in the Finals with OKC against the Heat? Westbrook isn't winning a series completely by himself....

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors waiting for that revenge in the Finals.

Cavs better end the Celtics already.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors waiting for that revenge in the Finals.

Cavs better end the Celtics already.

There is SO much "redemption" in this Finals already.

Redemption for choking last year vs. the Cavs

Durant looking for redemption after losing to Lebron in the finals in 2012

Mike Brown looking for redemption after being fired, what, twice by CLE?

It's a fascinating story.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you being serious? Yes a team of players that gel together are better than Durant and 2 me guys who need the ball and have questionable defense at best. Green is also better than Ibaka ever was.

Reactions: LAD

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Cavs defense has looked this year especially against the Celtics, there will be a few blowout games for sure.

If Boston had a halfway good offensive player who was consistent, they may actually be UP In the series.

the Warriors are gonna be knocking down those open J's. Something Boston has failed do.

I would wager the Warriors blow them out the first 2 games of the series, Lose Game 3 in a tight one, Win game 4 in a tight one and blow them out in Game 5.

Cavs haven't shown all year they can play at a consistently high level of D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are -7.5 game 1, -330 for the series.