• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you measuring this?

By watching the East embarrass itself year after year.

If Jordan was lucky enough to play in this piss-weak conference, he'd have at least 10 rings.

Lebron never had to face the Bad Boy Pistons or Larry's Celtics. Heck, even 'Niques Hawks would be the biggest threat lebron ever faced in this conference.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By watching the East embarrass itself year after year.

Again, how are you measuring this? In the last 10 years, the East has won the title 4 times. Their regular season head to head records is generally right around .500. So how is the East historically terrible?

If Jordan was lucky enough to play in this piss-weak conference, he'd have at least 10 rings.

Lebron never had to face the Bad Boy Pistons or Larry's Celtics. Heck, even 'Niques Hawks would be the biggest threat lebron ever faced in this conference.

How many times did MJ beat Larry's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons? Regardless I'm not a fan of trying to compare teams of different eras. The Pistons were an extremely physical team but how would they match up with a Warriors team that at any given time has 3 or 4 guys who are deadly from the arc? How would they account for the raw athleticism of the players today?

It seems to me that there are a lot of people that grew up in the 80-90s and view that as the golden era of basketball. Seems to me that this era is right there with that era. I would agree that the 2000s were a shitty time for basketball.

You put Lebron James on the Knicks or Pacers of the 90s and they win 4 or 5 championships. I have NEVER seen a player with his combination of power and skill.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, how are you measuring this? In the last 10 years, the East has won the title 4 times. Their regular season head to head records is generally right around .500. So how is the East historically terrible?

And how many teams, other than lebrons' would stand a chance against the Warriors, Spurs or even the Rockets in an NBA finals.

That's why the east is a joke

I have NEVER seen a player with his combination of power and skill.

Makes it a hell of a lot easier when the competition is piss-weak.

But, to go back to the original point, no, lebron would still not be in the GOAT discussion if he won this year. I'm not fantastic a math but 6 is still greater than 4

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that there are a lot of people that grew up in the 80-90s and view that as the golden era of basketball. Seems to me that this era is right there with that era.

giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many teams, other than lebrons' would stand a chance against the Warriors, Spurs or even the Rockets in an NBA finals.

That's why the east is a joke

That's speculation. The East is dominating by one of the greatest players of all time and because of that it makes the rest of the conference look weak. You are making a counter factual argument given that Lebron has gone to 6, about to be 7, straight conference finals.

Makes it a hell of a lot easier when the competition is piss-weak.

But, to go back to the original point, no, lebron would still not be in the GOAT discussion if he won this year. I'm not fantastic a math but 6 is still greater than 4

Well if that is how you measure things then Bill Russell is the GOAT by far. My math isn't fantastic either but 11 is still greater than 6.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's speculation. The East is dominating by one of the greatest players of all time and because of that it makes the rest of the conference look weak. You are making a counter factual argument given that Lebron has gone to 6, about to be 7, straight conference finals.

Yet, like I asked you in the last post, you fail to mention one team from the east other than the cavs that would actually stand a chance against either the Warriors, Spurs or Rockets in a 7 game series.

:noidea:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, like I asked you in the last post, you fail to mention one team from the east other than the cavs that would actually stand a chance against either the Warriors, Spurs or Rockets in a 7 game series.

:noidea:

I have no idea how the Celtics would do against those teams. I don't think any team can beat the Warriors so that's kinda moot. I would agree that the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs are the 3 best teams in basketball. I think after that it gets murkier.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how the Celtics would do against those teams. I don't think any team can beat the Warriors so that's kinda moot. I would agree that the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs are the 3 best teams in basketball. I think after that it gets murkier.

Once again, you're changing direction here.

Let me put this in simple terms: Take lebron out of the league and EVERY SINGLE NBA FINALS goes to the West 4-0 for a very very long time.

The east really is that weak

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you're changing direction here.

Let me put this in simple terms: Take lebron out of the league and EVERY SINGLE NBA FINALS goes to the West 4-0 for a very very long time.

The east really is that weak

You are arguing a counter-factual. I have no way of knowing the answer to that question.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm a man of my word. I had this prediction during the regular season and I'm sticking with it.
Dubs in 5. KD gets the Finals MVP

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6 unfortunately. The Warriors do not have the mental toughness or physicality to close out a team like Cleveland as we saw last year

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can just sticky this thread for the next few years? :noidea:
Next 2 years.

LeBron is declining and I don't think he'll reach the Finals in 2020. Not even sure for 2019.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals should be great but these playoffs are the worst of all time and it isn't close

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals should be great but these playoffs are the worst of all time and it isn't close

They have been terrible but you have no idea what the playoffs were like 10 years ago or 20+ years ago. So all time we just can't say.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been terrible but you have no idea what the playoffs were like 10 years ago or 20+ years ago. So all time we just can't say.
Ok it is the worst playoffs in the last 20 yrs and it isn't close. The Utah-clippers series and wiz-celts series were the only decent ones the entire playoffs. Despite going 7 gms almost all of the gms were blowouts in both series. They were like the Boston-atl series that went 7 in 09 or 10.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok it is the worst playoffs in the last 20 yrs and it isn't close. The Utah-clippers series and wiz-celts series were the only decent ones the entire playoffs. Despite going 7 gms almost all of the gms were blowouts in both series. They were like the Boston-atl series that went 7 in 09 or 10.

Maybe the Spurs will put up a fight. And the Finals might be epic enough to redeem the whole thing.