• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh is that right? Who is suffering the drop in production on the All Star team known as the Golden State Warriors?

Iirc, Steph actually had a small drop in production and so did Draymond.

Also, who is ball dominant on the Warriors? In Miami, Bosh was playing with ball dominant players in Wade and Lebron. In Cleveland, Love is playing with ball dominant players in Lebron and Kyrie.

The drop in production with the Warriors is pretty slight because of the style they play.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like if LEBron joined the KG, Pierce, Allen CEltics right after they beat him. LeBron would have never lived it down. It would have been humiliating.

taking a shot in the dark here on this quite honestly(no, really), but i'm guessing getting his first championship ring, hoisting that O'Brien, and maybe getting his first finals MVP will make him feel REALLY good about his "decision"(which btw wasn't done in front of a national audience for an hour) and help him get some REAL good sleep tonight...

Reactions: LAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It keeps them both out of the GOAT conversation.

I agree w/ that. Although due to LeBron's Finals losses he was outta the GOAT conversation a while ago in my opinion.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bitching about anything. Again all I did was point out 2 all time greats w/ bad Finals record & you got pissed. I'm not even a fan of LeBron's. But I don't have the nonstop issues w/ him that you have.

whatever you say. so what's my "non-stop issues" have to do with you interjecting all the time...?:rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man, stop straining yourself ignoring the elephant in the room.....LEBRON is the reason these teams go from either shitty or "ok" to "Super Teams" or NBA finals contenders

He will make any roster a conference finals threat

No, if anything, you are straining yourself to ignore the fact that the rosters Lebron joined were very different from what those teams had before he joined them.

I'm not saying those teams wouldn't still be conference finals threats if Lebron was the only addition to the roster, especially in the east. After all, each team still had an all star player on the roster when Lebron joined them. But we don't know that for sure because that's not what happened.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever you say. so what's my "non-stop issues" have to do with you interjecting all the time...?:rolleyes2:

So what you're saying is it's okay for people to agree w/ the stuff you repeatedly say. But if anyone questions what you have to say it's a problem. Got it. Now that I know how your rules work I'll do my best to never do what I just did. I hope I haven't ruined your day.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ that. Although due to LeBron's Finals losses he was outta the GOAT conversation a while ago in my opinion.

If the Cavs somehow come back and win this series, he'll stay in the GOAT convo for me and I would even bump him from #4 on my all time list to #2.

I mean, if he gets back to back titles after coming back from down 3-1 and then tops that by coming back from down 3-0...I don't know how he could be any less than #2 and he'd have a strong case for #1 despite a .500 record in the finals, imo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first quarter is going to be huge tonight.

GOlden State needs to ramp up their defensive intensity early and prevent Cleveland from getting their shooters going. If Kyrie and LeBron are making 1 on 1 plays, so be it. Smith, Love and Korver can't be the ones beating them, however.

On offense, they need to continue to take what is there and make the easy plays. If Cleveland sells out to take away Curry, the others simply need to step up. They are more than capable.

Cleveland, on the other hand, must get consistent scoring from 1 or 2 guys not named LeBron or Kyrie. Their defensive game plan from game 3 seemed to work okay, so they should probably stick with it, but they need to be ready to make adjustments if Klay and KD start off hot.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is it's okay for people to agree w/ the stuff you repeatedly say. But if anyone questions what you have to say it's a problem. Got it. Now that I know how your rules work I'll do my best to never do what I just did. I hope I haven't ruined your day.

now you're gonna put words in my mouth...

got it...

and don't worry about my day. I think I have a grip on it. thanks for your concern, though...

do keep on about "not bitching" whenever I write a discouraging word about the Queen, though...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like if LEBron joined the KG, Pierce, Allen CEltics right after they beat him. LeBron would have never lived it down. It would have been humiliating.

Personally, I wouldn't have had any more of a problem with it than I did with him going to Miami, returning to Cleveland or KD going to the Warriors. They both did what they felt was best for their careers. I have no issue with that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs somehow come back and win this series, he'll stay in the GOAT convo for me and I would even bump him from #4 on my all time list to #2.

I mean, if he gets back to back titles after coming back from down 3-1 and then tops that by coming back from down 3-0...I don't know how he could be any less than #2 and he'd have a strong case for #1 despite a .500 record in the finals, imo.

I still don't think the Cavs will pull off a miracle but if they do it will be amazing. I just think G.S. has too much firepower to lose 4 games in a row.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you're gonna put words in my mouth...

got it...

and don't worry about my day. I think I have a grip on it. thanks for your concern, though...

do keep on about "not bitching" whenever I write a discouraging word about the Queen, though...

I'm not bitching about anything though. All I did was mention 2 all time greats w/ losing Finals records & for some odd reason you took offense to it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you've bragged about their Finals record. Why would you even say that nonsense? All I did was point out 2 all time greats who's legacies weren't diminished by their Finals record. Of course that's different though, right?

If Lebron played against the Durant Warriors for most of his career, you could compare Jerry West's troubles against the HOF-loaded Celtics to Lebron's losing finals record. However, that's only been the case for this season.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bitching about anything though. All I did was mention 2 all time greats w/ losing Finals records & for some odd reason you took offense to it.

ok, and I said LeClown will be 3-5 bottom line. and you felt the need to say something why...?

oh that's right. i'm not allowed to speak on it because I don't like the guy...:rolleyes2:

here's a suggestion. write your congressman...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think the Cavs will pull off a miracle but if they do it will be amazing. I just think G.S. has too much firepower to lose 4 games in a row.

I agree. I don't see it either. But I also didn't see last year happening.

To me, the difference is in the Cavs defense last year vs. this year. It was the defense they played last year more than anything that enabled them to make that comeback.

I haven't seen anything from them defensively this year that shows they can pull off an even bigger miracle.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant will be fine tonight. The other Warriors is who I'm concerned about. KD wasn't there last year so the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead last year means nothing to him.

I think the real player to really focus on is Curry. He didnt play well last game and the Cavs made bigtime adjustments in trying to contain him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, and I said LeClown will be 3-5 bottom line. and you felt the need to say something why...?

oh that's right. i'm not allowed to speak on it because I don't like the guy...:rolleyes2:

here's a suggestion. write your congressman...

I don't even like LeBron but for you everyone has to have the same issues w/ him that you do or you call people LeBron nut-huggers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't see it either. But I also didn't see last year happening.

To me, the difference is in the Cavs defense last year vs. this year. It was the defense they played last year more than anything that enabled them to make that comeback.

I haven't seen anything from them defensively this year that shows they can pull off an even bigger miracle.

It's kinda weird what happened to their D from last year to this year. Although even if they were playing better D the Warriors would still be the superior team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is a frontrunning bitch but Lebron is not? LMAO

Both went to teams who they know would make the NBA finals every year.

Lol Nah. This Cavs team that had zero experience in the playoffs would be Finals contenders their first year and every year. The Heat is a different story. LEBRON makes almost any team a championship contender.

KD going to a team that won a championship and is the best team
Lebron going to a team that had 30 wins and didnt know how to win.

Those 2 are totally different. It's hilarious when people try to compare :laugh3: